Yet another subtle CRNA step...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOtoCanada

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is it legal for them to say that they are "anesthesiologists" and not "anesthetists"? Only a physician can be an anesthesiologist. A masters is not the same. Maybe someone should tell them :).

Members don't see this ad.

How is it legal for them to say that they are "anesthesiologists" and not "anesthetists"? Only a physician can be an anesthesiologist. A masters is not the same. Maybe someone should tell them :).
They don't call themselves "anesthesiologists", but it's certainly a poor choice of wording to call the program "Nurse Anesthesiology".

File a lawsuit. The CRNA's have as much chance winning this case as they did arguing they were qualified to do pain medicine in Louisiana.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anesthesiology is the study of anesthesia... just sayin'...

-copro

Anesthesiology is the study of anesthesia... just sayin'...

-copro

you make a solid point, but what the hell is wrong with following the standard, "nurse anesthesia" program. i don't know, kind of petty, i realize, but geez.....

By "Nurse anesthesiology" do they mean a trained MD inducing an overweight RN for her lap GB?

I read the course descriptions. They make the courses sound so... pithy

Blade,
I occasionally do searches for the domain for our department and came across this thread.

I have no care or interest in debating the nuances between verbal descriptors of the study of anesthesia. I DO care that you bring the UF anesthesia site into the discussion for which I see no purpose. I am on staff for the department and help with the web admin duties for the site. We use it merely to facilitate our operations. I would appreciate it if you edit the posted version, direct viewers via hyperlink. I also see no references to your posted topic and so don't see the point of involvement of the University of Florida.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Maybe so.. it's been up and used for years, and it's never been brought up as an issue important enough to discuss. They needed a site to facilitate a way to get work done and it performs it's function well.

My point in responding is that the discussion thread seems to revolve around the DNP / anesthetist / anesthesiology nursing vernacular, and I as the webmaster tech guy took issue with the department's site being brought into the discussion insinuating that it was intentionally phrased that way to demean or degrade the colleagues we work with. And for that.. I was just confused, as would other normal perusers as to the connection... I don't really care one way or another after this... I thought I would ask nicely, blade can do whatever he likes as it is his right.

Thanks

I have no care or interest in debating the nuances between verbal descriptors of the study of anesthesia. I DO care that you bring the UF anesthesia site into the discussion for which I see no purpose. I am on staff for the department and help with the web admin duties for the site. We use it merely to facilitate our operations. I would appreciate it if you edit the posted version, direct viewers via hyperlink. I also see no references to you post topic of and so don't see the point of involvement of the University of Florida.

:rolleyes:

Maybe so.. it's been up and used for years, and it's never been brought up as an issue important enough to discuss. They needed a site to facilitate a way to get work done and it performs it's function well.

My point in responding is that the discussion thread seems to revolve around the DNP / anesthetist / anesthesiology nursing vernacular, and I as the webmaster tech guy took issue with the department's site being brought into the discussion insinuating that it was intentionally phrased that way to demean or degrade the colleagues we work with. And for that.. I was just confused, as would other normal perusers as to the connection... I don't really care one way or another after this... I thought I would ask nicely, blade can do whatever he likes as it is his right.

Thanks

Well, you guys want me to delete my post? No problem. Arch, delete away. But, I fail to see how posting a publicly available web page brings U.F. into my midlevel debates. I am just pointing out that CRNAs refer to us as MDAs even at major University hospitals.

Well, you guys want me to delete my post? No problem. Arch, delete away. But, I fail to see how posting a publicly available web page brings U.F. into my midlevel debates. I am just pointing out that CRNAs refer to us as MDAs even at major University hospitals.

eh I am letting the post stand. I don't like deleting or editing (unless it is nurse propaganda:smuggrin:) I do see his point though.

eh I am letting the post stand. I don't like deleting or editing (unless it is nurse propaganda:smuggrin:) I do see his point though.

Hey Arch,

I wonder what type of anesthetic the CRNAs would give me if I tell them during the interview my "handle" on SDN is BLADE? Ketamine plus Vec? Or, just Vec?

They certainly do monitor my posts closely. It is real nice to have friends like those.

Blade

What a bunch of sell-outs!

Blade, your screen name has MDA, wadup with that dogg?

MDA is a reference to how our adversaries refer to us. Blade is a screen character who must do battle against evil bloodsuckers; in fact, Blade who is himself part vampire must battle an enemy that most do not believe even exists.

"When Blade's mother was bitten by a vampire during pregnancy, she did not know that she gave her son a special gift while dying: All the good vampire attributes in combination with the best human skills. Blade grew up to be a vampire hunter for revenge on his mother's death. The vampires, who managed to infiltrate nearly every major organization, need Blade's very special blood to summon La Magra, the blood god, in order to reign over the human cattle, as they call us."

BLADEMDA
Fighting Against the AANA
Urging all to join the Private Forum
Donate to our PACS
The BloodSuckers are at the Gate

Last edited: