Yo, Priapism...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
See...now...dammit...all I wanted was some sort of position statement about what population pharmacokinetic numbers one should use and they cop out on it. "The volume of distribution is 0.4–1 L/kg." All I wanted was someone with a bunch of fancy letters after their name to tell us all that using 0.9 as the population Vd like we are told to at my hospital is crazy....but noooo....now they can still get away with saying its correct. I still use 0.7, anyway.

Grrrr.

Yo, I posted them 6 days ago in a random thread, where were you?

Members don't see this ad :)
See...now...dammit...all I wanted was some sort of position statement about what population pharmacokinetic numbers one should use and they cop out on it. "The volume of distribution is 0.4–1 L/kg." All I wanted was someone with a bunch of fancy letters after their name to tell us all that using 0.9 as the population Vd like we are told to at my hospital is crazy....but noooo....now they can still get away with saying its correct. I still use 0.7, anyway.

Grrrr.

I told you to use 0.7L/kg. You don't need new guideline to tell you that. Just take what I say as gospel.

I told you to use 0.7L/kg. You don't need new guideline to tell you that. Just take what I say as gospel.

Yes, m'lord.

Another small note...who else usually takes trough after the third dose? They were recommending waiting until after the 4th dose...and that 25-30mg/kg recommendation made every pharmacist I work with do a double take...lol..."Wait...what does that say? I dunno about that..."

Yes, m'lord.

Another small note...who else usually takes trough after the third dose? They were recommending waiting until after the 4th dose...and that 25-30mg/kg recommendation made every pharmacist I work with do a double take...lol..."Wait...what does that say? I dunno about that..."

I was taught that q24h dosing---> trough before 3rd dose
q12h dosing--->trough before 4th dose
q8h dosing--->trough before 5th dose

I was taught that q24h dosing---> trough before 3rd dose
q12h dosing--->trough before 4th dose
q8h dosing--->trough before 5th dose

Tell us why you were taught that and why it does or does not make sense based on what we know about vancomycin pharmacokinetics?