Yo superstars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeefyRedEye

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of your superstars (redhawk, light, baylor_eye, mjl34, helpless etc) with 10-12+ interviews should start cancelling interviews at places you really dont think you'll go so some of us lesser mortals can have a crack at them!! Just a thought

Members don't see this ad.

I've already cancelled 3 and my schedule is pretty full. There are really only 2 more programs (Michigan, Indiana) I am intent on accepting invitations to, if they do offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you want an interview at? I have already canceled U of Chicago and am planning on canceling more. By the way, Indiana will be emailing their invites out tomorrow, so be on the lookout.

I'm personally a firm believer in only taking what you need...hence, I've been cancelling places as soon as I know I cannot attend...so far I've declined: Yale, Northwestern, UI Chicago, Wayne State, and Univ Chicago. Might need to cancel Tufts, Mayo, and Vanderbilt given scheduling that is pending.

I agree. I hope nobody would hold overlapping interviews for no reason. The day I have a conflict, I choose which I would rather have and then cancel the other. Fortunately I have only had to do this 3 times thus far. I have been able to successfully schedule many interviews because I planned ahead by making a calendar with all of the interview dates of every program to which I applied. I then tried to figure out the date I should choose for every program so that I could avoid scheduling conflicts. That way I knew I could best avoid the situation of being unable to interview at a school due to lack of planning.

I have already cancelled 2 interviews. I certainly will not hold any interview in duplication. The reason that I have been putting interview dates in my posting is so that people can begin to plan out their interview schedule to the programs they are really interested in going to (whether they have heard or not). I think we all realize that the stress level of everyone is high and that turning over spots as quickly as possible to allow schools to make secondary invites as soon as possible will make everyone happier. :)