You b1tches cooking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhb

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So let's share some recipes/favorite foods.
I made a paella tonight on the big green egg (awesome piece of equipment) following this recipe:

Quite happy with the result although i didn't have all the ingredients:

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 20160912_210024_resized_1.jpg
    20160912_210024_resized_1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 1 user
So let's share some recipes/favorite foods.
I made a paella tonight on the big green egg (awesome piece of equipment) following this recipe:

Quite happy with the result although i didn't have all the ingredients:

Good idea. Great thread title.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I knew how to cook carnitas I'd probably desert the Navy, retire to a pig farm tomorrow, and die young with happily clogged coronaries.

Pork shoulder in a dutch oven or crock pot. You can try other cuts too, like country style ribs. Once you have it pulled, sear it in a hot cast iron skillet briefly to gets some crispy bits. You can change up the seasoning and make it carnitas or pulled pork...or even some Asian flavorings. Once you get it down, it becomes dangerously easy to make carnitas or pulled pork whenever you want. Make a big batch and freeze some, so you always have some happiness in the freezer on those lazy post-call days.

My fiance and I like picking out a weird cut of meat/organ at the local asian market and trying to figure out how to make it delicious. Yesterday we made slow cooked pig heart in a curry sauce. Came out pretty good. The texture reminds me of cow tongue (which I like). Though, I really wished I had a scalpel when I was trying to trim off all the cordae tendineae, instead of awkward kitchen shears.

I do most of the cooking in my house and I really enjoy it. I get fresh veggies from our garden and herbs from the back porch; one night it might be fish tacos with homemade salsa or slow grilled skirt steak with chimichurri sauce. I usually go all out for Thanksgiving and Christmas; do a huge beef tenderloin, turkey with oyster stuffing, all the fixings.

Here are a few of my dishes: Chili rellenos with homemade salsa. Thanksgiving salad with figs, roasted butternut squash, bacon, pomegranate. Last one is homemade stuffed clams with chorizo sausage (dug the clams myself).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 63
The only thing I make for dinner are reservations. Maybe I'll stop by and one of you ladies can make me one of the aforementioned dishes.

Reactions: 5 users
Here's my favorite recipe:
Pick a meat. (Brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, etc.)
Grab a few logs from the wood pile.
Start a fire in offset bbq pit.
Throw meat on at 225*
Drink beer until meat is ready.

Last edited by a moderator: