You can study Organic all you want but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyborgNinjaX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
one thing that it won't save you from is stupid mistakes.... and I think I'll make a lot of them on the exam. I just retook the Organic section from the exam I took a couple of weeks ago (the one I got a 12 on). I looked at the solutions and saw that I made about 2-3 stupid mistakes. I hope I can save myself on the real deal.

Members don't see this ad.

one thing that it won't save you from is stupid mistakes.... and I think I'll make a lot of them on the exam. I just retook the Organic section from the exam I took a couple of weeks ago (the one I got a 12 on). I looked at the solutions and saw that I made about 2-3 stupid mistakes. I hope I can save myself on the real deal.

It's common knowledge that you can study all you want, but in order to perform well in anything, then you must learn to apply yourself. Therefore, don't just study the theory, do massive amounts of problems. Then, and only then, will you learn to prevent "stupid mistakes."

That's the problem... I don't have time. I'm crunching Orgo very quickly... in 3 days to be exact. I mean I studied on and off before (somethings stuck while others didn't) but I got like 5 other things to worry about. I got midterms after my spring break (which is this week).

It's common knowledge that you can study all you want, but in order to perform well in anything, then you must learn to apply yourself. Therefore, don't just study the theory, do massive amounts of problems. Then, and only then, will you learn to prevent "stupid mistakes."

Good answer :thumbup: O-chem use to be a problem for me. But enough repetition in problem solving actually enabled me to know a lot of the principles and structures by heart. After enough study, you will begin to see the systematic way o-chem is set up, and that it's not just a bunch of incoherent ideas and sticks-and-balls figures

Members don't see this ad :)
That's the problem... I don't have time. I'm crunching Orgo very quickly... in 3 days to be exact. I mean I studied on and off before (somethings stuck while others didn't) but I got like 5 other things to worry about. I got midterms after my spring break (which is this week).

Sounds like you're in a desperate situation. However, what's the rush? True, it's getting harder to get into dental school with each passing cycle, but if you are passionate about gaining acceptance to dental school, you will do so (as with anything in life). Why don't you finish off your degree, and then focus on studying for the DAT. Not only will you will have more time to study, your sanity will not be jeopardized. Just my opinion (and what I'm currently doing).

try not to stress too much...you'll have a hard time retaining info. and you'll waste time studying...i'm doing ochem now too....