You guys are convincing me more and more to go into FM...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YouDontKnowJack

I no something you don't
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The more I read crap in this forum, the more interested I get.

I had no idea FM's had so much freedom to do pretty much whatever they wanted in medicine.

My #1 choice is still anesthesia though, as based on what i've seen, I like how they get to lay back and read the newspaper during ops, and they have their own lounge. :p :thumbup:
That said, FM would be a close #2.

Members don't see this ad.

Shhh Kent... let him go to Anesthesia... less competition for us. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know two anesthesiologists who quit their residencies after their first year and then applied to family medicine. But then again, I know one family doctor who switched to anesthesiology. The first two didn't like the poor patient interaction (your patients are mostly alseep). The last guy... well, his reason wasn't that good enough.

Shhh Kent... let him go to Anesthesia... less competition for us. :cool:

No kidding...

number one, I'm not applying yet, so keep the competition low for awhile longer for res

number two, if we're going to pull the dermatology thing and spread our numbers so thin, that we can demand higher salaries, we need to herd people away from FM

No kidding...

number two, if we're going to pull the dermatology thing and spread our numbers so thin, that we can demand higher salaries, we need to herd people away from FM

then again, many people default into FM...

then again, many people default into FM...

Many people default to Peds, Psych and OBGYN.... your point?

According to my correlation of nrmp in another thread... If the supply of applicants remain the same (which is actually an underestimation because supply of applicants will increase considering the increasing number of graduates) i predict defaulting to FM will end in about 4 years because of the continuous decreasing number of positions.... Should be interesting to watch...

I can explain more but why bother...