You know it's going to be a rough day at work when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You get up and your toothbrush is still wet from brushing your teeth when you went to bed. And you didn't go out last night.:(

There is nothing like getting off work at 2330 and getting to come back at 0700. boooo.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to leave the place.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I've experienced the wet toothbrush effect after a late night of studying/craming for an exams. It really sucks.

Aww! That happens to me a few days a week too. :thumbdown: Our schedule at my store is 8-4 pm or 2-10 pm and it seems like whenever I work 2-10 pm, I'm scheduled again the next morning at 8 am. I can't complain about the 8-4 pm shift though because I LOVE getting home so early. :D

I actually wish we could work out at a deal at my retail store like some hospital pharmacies do in my area. There are two local hospitals in my area that have a 2-10 pm shift, 7 days on and 7 days off. I would love to do that! I'd be able to sleep in everyday and every other week I'd be taking a vacation!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Aww! That happens to me a few days a week too. :thumbdown: Our schedule at my store is 8-4 pm or 2-10 pm and it seems like whenever I work 2-10 pm, I'm scheduled again the next morning at 8 am. I can't complain about the 8-4 pm shift though because I LOVE getting home so early. :D

Walgreen's? :D That's what I am doing this weekend. :D 8-4 Saturday and 2-10 Sunday. And then get up at 5:30 on Monday for my regular job. *shudders*

When...

Your boss's boss's BOSS is on your computer workstation! :eek:

I wouldn't have minded if the wet toothbrush was due to partying on a Friday night (I was invited to several. stupid turnaround)

Sadly, New Mexico is a right to work state and there are no laws governing how much time you need between shifts. Back in the day they used to pay 1.5x for the first 4 hours and 2x after that for shifts with less than 8 hours between them. Someone abused this so they took it away. Apparently she's been gone for at least a year (she was gone when I started last June) and they still haven't reinstated that policy.

oh well, I'm pretty sure I didn't kill anyone and I'm the LVP person tomorrow so I get to make all of the labels I sent today... (I worked Peds/NBICU)

Walgreen's? :D That's what I am doing this weekend. :D 8-4 Saturday and 2-10 Sunday. And then get up at 5:30 on Monday for my regular job. *shudders*

You bet! I'm on for this weekend too....I work every other weekend. :(