You know you're a bit too SDN when...

Started by Guero
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Do you like the new flame emoticon?

  • Yes

    Votes: 339 237.1%
  • No

    Votes: 16 11.2%
  • I couldn't care less

    Votes: 44 30.8%
  • Penguin

    Votes: 44 30.8%

  • Total voters
    143
  • Poll closed .

Guero

Physician Scientist with empathy and humor
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you get excited about new emoticons, like.... *suspenseful music* the flame!
:flame:

A long overdue necessity considering how much flaming we have going on around here.

Anywhoo, I'll start it with that. But like the "Funny quotes from 'less informed' premeds" and the "Memes that capture the spirit of the application season" threads, I hope this one keeps going so we can laugh at ourselves.

Cheers and good luck to those applying.
 
When you tell your PI to take your research results with a grain of salt.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love the new emoticons. Whenever someone engages in a flame war, I step in and say:

the :flame: has arrived!! :laugh::laugh:
 
When you meet people on the interview trail and instead of asking them if they're on SDN, you say "Do you ever go on that studentdoctornetwork site?" :laugh:
 
When I spend some of my free time skimming the school-specific threads for people with an mdapps link so I can see if I'll be competitive when I apply 😳
 
  • When you think you need a 45 and a 4.0 to get into medical school.
  • When you start an arugement, "According to SDN..."
 
When you browse SDN between classes.... and just so happen to be selling your old textbook and when the guy buying your textbook shows up and notices you're on SDN and says "dude don't go on there. you can't believe the stuff they post on there"

True story.
 
When you know more about the medical school than the guide tells you.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you're the only one who knows the MCAT is changing.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
 
When you think you won't get into medical school without 8,000 hours of volunteer service, a 4.1, and a 46.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you tell people you would eat a poop hotdog for admission into school X.

when you constantly check the school specific threads to see if someone on a date around yours has heard word back yet, and when they have you feel an outrageous spike in neuroticism so you check your email and phone constantly for the next 24 hours.
 
When you develop a crush on Cataylst.

When your a freshman and asking questions about obtaining a fellowship in x field.

When you ask questions (after searching and finding answers) that have been asked, in hopes that you would get some new "updated" answers.

When you know more about admissions than your advisors and your premed clubs.

I could go on all day but I need to study for next week....Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
 
When on the interview trail you have to act clueless because you've spent too much time in school-specific threads and already know everything there is to know about each school.
 
When you develop a crush on Cataylst.

When your a freshman and asking questions about obtaining a fellowship in x field.

When you ask questions (after searching and finding answers) that have been asked, in hopes that you would get some new "updated" answers.

When you know more about admissions than your advisors and your premed clubs.

I could go on all day but I need to study for next week....Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

All this!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
 
When you feel like there is a "Fire Sale" a la Live Free Or Die Hard everytime SDN or MDApps is down...
 
I'm probably bad at this...

But when you think that you can't specialize in a competitive field because you you got an 11 on V and a 11 on Ps and ONLY have a gpa of 3.8.

When your Bible becomes:

PS:
15: 76-77
14: 74-75
13: 70-73
12: 65-69
11: 61-64
10: 57-60
9 : 53-56
8 : 48-52
7 : 42-47
6 : 36-51
5 : 31-35
4 : 0-30

VR:
15: 60-60
14: 59-59
13: 55-58
12: 51-54
11: 48-50
10: 44-47
9 : 41-43
8 : 37-40
7 : 34-36
6 : 30-33
5 : 27-29
4 : 0-26

BS:
15: 76-77
14: 74-75
13: 70-73
12: 64-69
11: 59-63
10: 54-58
9 : 49-53
8 : 44-48
7 : 41-43
6 : 36-40
5 : 32-35
4 : 0-30
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you are a first year resident and you still check SDN on a semi-regular basis.

And post obnoxious retorts to 19 year olds.
 
..when you know who else in your class is on SDN, and you know their username.