You know you're a bit too SDN when...

Started by Guero
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Do you like the new flame emoticon?

  • Yes

    Votes: 339 237.1%
  • No

    Votes: 16 11.2%
  • I couldn't care less

    Votes: 44 30.8%
  • Penguin

    Votes: 44 30.8%

  • Total voters
    143
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does being called out at an interview count? I know of a few individuals...

Hahaha close enough:

"So I see you're active on SDN, and that you've been posting pictures of yourself in the What are med school women like? thread"

I would start ROFLOLing mid interview if that happened.
 
Hahaha close enough:

"So I see you're active on SDN, and that you've been posting pictures of yourself in the What are med school women like? thread"

I would start ROFLOLing mid interview if that happened.

"...so, the more important issue here is.. do you like what you see?"

*cue: bow chicka bow wow & dimmed lights
 
when you delete threads, and people are like, 'i think that sdner got the gold badge just to delete threads'...

and then you feel the need to justify yourself and the fact you had a gold badge long ago..

🙁
 
When I have to try and explain to my wife how a gold donor status on SDN would be "totally worth it" haha



true story....

Lifetime Donor or bust.

Tax deductible, right? :laugh:

I've always wanted to ask this when they ask if you have any questions for them.

Had an interviewer ask me to ask her any question and she'd be brutally honest with me. I asked her if she saw me fitting in at YYY school. Ended up skirting it and then saying, basically yeah I'd be fine in the area. Then proceeded to talk to me about contacting her when I got accepted to work out some logistics on a possible moonlighting job when I attend...
 
...when you constantly think about fights you are having with an SDN member.

:laugh:

what does it mean when you only remember the ones with people who have REALLY memorable avatars? Otherwise they have to remind you the next time they flame you for something :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you are on the SDN app in between classes instead of talking to other neurotic premeds.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
 
In addition to covering your phone so people around can't see what you're doing.

Telling them to submit there application in November gives you a leg up too.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
 
:laugh:

what does it mean when you only remember the ones with people who have REALLY memorable avatars? Otherwise they have to remind you the next time they flame you for something :laugh:

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get a bigger avvy?


Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile app.
 
Had an interviewer ask me to ask her any question and she'd be brutally honest with me. I asked her if she saw me fitting in at YYY school. Ended up skirting it and then saying, basically yeah I'd be fine in the area. Then proceeded to talk to me about contacting her when I got accepted to work out some logistics on a possible moonlighting job when I attend...

Result: wait listed
 
I haven't gotten to see it because I have been using sdn mobile. Now that I am on the desktop version, I can see the glory of the flame.

:flame:

I also get to see the owl for the first time.

:owle:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you wait for your interview day to start and all you can think is which ones of the interviewees waiting with you are user "xxxx" "bbbb" or "aaaa" whom you know are also interviewing on the same day.