You know you're premed when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...fill in the blank. Something fun for the application cycle.

You know you're a "premed" when you don't think freshman chemistry will be important later.

You know you're a premed when your significant other asks when you will be done studying/working for the day and you have absolutely no clue.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know you are a premed because you are currently doing research with no interest in the research and are doing it with solely for the chance to be an author so you can put that on your medical school application.

You know you're a premed when all the people from your old science classes are suddenly interested in business administration.

You know you are a premed because you are currently doing research with no interest in the research and are doing it with solely for the chance to be an author so you can put that on your medical school application.

None in pre-osteo though.

...when you argue with your professor or TA over everything to get as many points as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
when your parents are doctors.

You know you are a pre-med when......

When you think OMM is awesome

When you think DOs can go into whatever field they want and there is full equality

When you argue with DO students about the two above things despite having literally zero experience

....which is far too many of you over in the Osteopathic med student forums:laugh:

your lowest grade last semester was a B in organic chemistry

...when your worst nightmare is a B average (3.0).
...when you refer your family/friends to a pre-nursing student about questions regarding whats wrong with their health. (I dont know about you, but I do this all the time since the pre-nursing students take more health classes than I do in undergrad lol)
...when someone says the word "dying" you think of a chemical structure.

You know you are a pre-med when......

When you think OMM is awesome

When you think DOs can go into whatever field they want and there is full equality

When you argue with DO students about the two above things despite having literally zero experience

....which is far too many of you over in the Osteopathic med student forums:laugh:

you know you are a premed when you think a certain medical school is responsible for getting you into the residency of your choice.

Last edited:
For the people who keep referring me
To the other threads, get a life stop
Worrying about stuff that doesn't matter. Do you have nothing better to do than refer me to a 5 year old post? Post or get off the thread.

you know you are a premed when you think a certain medical school is responsible for getting you into the residency of your choice.

Well actually its the schools responsibility to at least present a solid foundation to its students. Whether the students choose to learn the foundation is up to the student. This varies greatly by school. Some schools focus on board relevant stuff, others do not. Also a school is responsible to ensure its students are prepared for rotations (at least in terms of writing SOAP notes and doing a good Hx/physical). Sure no one is perfect and 3rd year is all about perfecting a good physical/Hx as well starting to come up with a decent differential. However someone who was never taught how to write a SOAP note properly by their school will struggle way more in 3rd year. Being decently prepared for rotations means less catching up which means you look better, therefore better reference letters.

The foundation is important because it makes board studying much easier. Also, a school that gives their students 8 weeks off vs a school that gives their students 4 weeks off to study for boards.

Its all about your foundation as you move onto the next step in training whether it be boards, rotations, etc. So indirectly, yes your school can make the difference on the class as an average since they are the ones teaching you and telling you they feel is important and you have to hope they are actually teaching you something board relevant in your first two years. Of course there are outliers who would be super successful regardless of schools curriculum.

Sorry, it drives me nuts when people claim its 100% up the student because it makes zero sense. Students follow what is taught to them by their school and what they will be tested on.

....when you get done studying for 12 hours straight and still feel unprepared for your molecular biology exam

Worrying about stuff that doesn't matter. Do you have nothing better to do than refer me to a 5 year old post? Post or get off the thread.

...When this is used on SDN.

When you make fun of pre meds.

:trollface.jpg:

I suppose we can try to make it DO edition?

You know you're pre-osteo when you're family asks what a DO is.

You know you're pre-osteo when you have 2 different cGPA and sciGPAs

You know you're pre-osteo when you didn't take calculus, but still consider yourself pre-med

You know you're pre-osteo when your most dreaded interview question is "Why DO?"

You know you're pre-osteo when you start an MD vs DO thread.

When your friends way of asking you when you start school is "when are you disappearing again?"

You literally have the time to search through and find old posts and then make a big deal out of it. If that's the highlight of your day, that's sad.

Wow so defensive! Also, searching through threads is quick and easy... was going to turn that into a your mom joke but decided not to, but you get it :D.

So much for a bit of fun for the application cycle

when you dis people's threads.

haha, this, exactly...

also... if you've ever spent weeks/months trying to casually, yet uniquely and poetically, include all your medically related experiences, your redeeming character qualities and your life long aspirations to a single page essay.

...you make this thread.

Amen

And you know you're premed when people ask you a million times what you want to specialize in... as if you were already done with Step I and half way done with your rotations.....

Amen

And you know you're premed when people ask you a million times what you want to specialize in... as if you were already done with Step I and half way done with your rotations.....

This is true. It was bad before but the moment I was actually was accepted, it got MUCH worse!