your alright average breakdown dat 6/11/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalstar100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
19 PAT
19 QR
20 RC
22 BIO
20 GC
21 OC
21 TS
20 AA

The resources I used was chads, destroyer, 2016 math destroyer, bootcamp, cliffs, feralis notes, and crackdat rc.

Chad's: Great resource to start your DAT study journey as he goes over almost all of the materials for GC/OC. There was not anything I haven't seen that wasn't covered in Chad's. Chad's QR is a bit basic but good to get your fundamentals down.

Destroyer: lord behold the mammoth. Before the first time completing this book, I was overwhelm by the vast amount of information and the amount of questions I got wrong. But after the second time completing it, it was easier and I caught on to my mistakes. Make sure know this book inside and out if you want to make a 20+ TS. But overall this book is WAYYYY HARDER than the real exam.

Math destroyer: This book helped me get most of the applied mathematics and probability questions down. But with the new QC questions, I would also use orgoman's QC problems as it is similar to the real dat and also BC QC.

Bootcamp: I highly recommend pat! Take your time everyday to practice PAT even if its 15 minutes of your time. My mistake with bootcamp was that I didn't know the first 5 exams of each section are utilized in the full length, so don't make the same mistake as me if you want to utilize the 5 full lengths. Overall, the BC answer explanations are very helpful to learn from your mistake. My BC averages was 19 PAT, 20 bio, 21 oc, 20 GC, and 17-18 RC. Be aware, BC RC is very difficult compared to the real exam!!

Cliffs: I read this book like 3 times to get my BIO base down. I recommend starting with this book before starting bio destroyer or any other bio practice questions. If you are confused about a topic, you can go straight to cliffs to reread it to solidify your foundation.

Feralis notes: I read this at least once, but it is incredibly dense. If you want to get a excellent bio score, I suggest you read this top to bottom.

Crackdat RC: I only utilized 4 exams from this. It is helpful if you have trouble with inference/tone questions. The prompts from the 4 exams are usually not about science, but mostly history related.

REAL DAT
SNS (21): Went through biology and these questions were pretty easy. There was one point I received the same question twice but worded differently. Pretty sure there was some questions I could've answered correctly, but doubted myself. For chemistry, the questions were a lot simpler than the study resources. My mind went blank for one question, pretty sure I got it wrong lol. For OC, make sure know your reactions and concepts. The easy concepts tripped me up.

PAT (19): dang these keyholes and TFE was hard!! Angle was easier than BC, probably only got 3-4 hard questions. Cube counting was a bit easier than BC because there was less cubes to count. Hole punching was on par with BC. Pattern folding was a tad hard but manageable; maybe I was just nervous. I did not get any rocks for keyholes.

RC (20): Before taking the DAT, I was the most nervous about this section because I was averaging 17-18 on BC, but after my last 2 BC RC exams, I found my best method. My method was to read half of the passage and read the last paragraph and highlight any keywords, then answer the questions. Then I would read the last half. My first passage was in order of the questions. I had a passage about bacteria being resistant to antibiotics similar to one in BC, I guess I got lucky haha. USE THE HIGHLIGHT FEATURE if your method is reading instead of SnD. Had maybe 2-3 tone questions per passage.

QR (19): Was also worried about this section due to the new QC questions. 1/2 of the questions was mostly QC and graph reading problems. The graph reading problems are not hard at all if you know how to read a graph lol. I had no trig problems, but had geometry in the QC problems. Know your geometry formulas!

Overall: Do not be worried during the test or even before as this can affect your scores. Take your time learning your concepts. Postpone if you have to if you feel you are not ready. Make sure don't disconnect your friends and family as they keep you sane. I think my scores are average? If you have any questions, let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Great scores! I think you have a pretty strong shot with these scores and your GPA. Just make sure you are applying to a decent number of schools. In my mind with out be minimum of 8.

How many times did you go through each section on destroyer? How did you use destroyer outside of just answering the questions?

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations. Very beautiful scores and your gpa is solid. I think you have a chance in getting accepted but apply broadly to at least 10 schools.
Thank you so much for the tips and the breakdown.
Best of luck :)

Great scores! I think you have a pretty strong shot with these scores and your GPA. Just make sure you are applying to a decent number of schools. In my mind with out be minimum of 8.

How many times did you go through each section on destroyer? How did you use destroyer outside of just answering the questions?

I went through destroyer 2 times. For Biology, as I went over it, I took notes on anything I wasn't clear with. I probably had 30 pages of notes. I read these notes instead of doing through destroyer bio three times. Went over OC/GC twice, during my second round, I circled the ones I was having issues with, so I can just do those during the third time, but I ran out of time, so I couldn't do it the third time. I also took notes for the concepts I was confused about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you say this rc strategy is good for people like me who aren't fast readers or maybe could you recommend me a strategy I could possibly implement being a slow reader. Fantastic job by the way these are very consistent scores

Would you say this rc strategy is good for people like me who aren't fast readers or maybe could you recommend me a strategy I could possibly implement being a slow reader. Fantastic job by the way these are very consistent scores

It was like 2 weeks out before my exam when I actually started practicing for RC, I panicked because I got a 16-17 on my first BC RC exam. So I started doing a RC exam everyday until the exam date, this helped me increased my reading speed and comprehension. I am not sure what to help you if you are a slow reader. I am a slow reader too, sometimes I have to read a sentence over again for it to make sense for me. I would just say read scientific articles everyday or do an RC exam everyday if you can. Practice practice practice and you'll get better.

Reactions: 1 users
That's dedication. I don't even know if studying that much is sane but you must be glad its over! Onto the application process and the interview itself.

That's dedication. I don't even know if studying that much is sane but you must be glad its over! Onto the application process and the interview itself.

Congratulations on those scores op, good luck on the application cycle!

@ nimbus , Plenty of people study months at a time. It really depends on where you're starting and what you're looking to score but everyone's different.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Congratulations on those scores op, good luck on the application cycle!

@ nimbus , Plenty of people study months at a time. It really depends on where you're starting and what you're looking to score but everyone's different.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah i guess you're right. Everybody is different. I studied for about a month for my DAT, but only about 2 hours a day.

Hey guys! Just took my DAT today, and I am glad it's over. I studied for 6-7 weeks. I am just your average student who works hard. Middle of the test, I was kind of nervous, which psyched me out and made me doubt some of my answers. I was expecting a 21 AA but a 21 TS will do. I was 1 point away from a section for a 21 AA :( . My oGPA is 3.7 and sGPA is 3.55 with upward trend. What are my chances with these specific stats?

19 PAT
19 QR
20 RC
22 BIO
20 GC
21 OC
21 TS
20 AA

The resources I used was chads, destroyer, 2016 math destroyer, bootcamp, cliffs, feralis notes, and crackdat rc.

Chad's: Great resource to start your DAT study journey as he goes over almost all of the materials for GC/OC. There was not anything I haven't seen that wasn't covered in Chad's. Chad's QR is a bit basic but good to get your fundamentals down.

Destroyer: lord behold the mammoth. Before the first time completing this book, I was overwhelm by the vast amount of information and the amount of questions I got wrong. But after the second time completing it, it was easier and I caught on to my mistakes. Make sure know this book inside and out if you want to make a 20+ TS. But overall this book is WAYYYY HARDER than the real exam.

Math destroyer: This book helped me get most of the applied mathematics and probability questions down. But with the new QC questions, I would also use orgoman's QC problems as it is similar to the real dat and also BC QC.

Bootcamp: I highly recommend pat! Take your time everyday to practice PAT even if its 15 minutes of your time. My mistake with bootcamp was that I didn't know the first 5 exams of each section are utilized in the full length, so don't make the same mistake as me if you want to utilize the 5 full lengths. Overall, the BC answer explanations are very helpful to learn from your mistake. My BC averages was 19 PAT, 20 bio, 21 oc, 20 GC, and 17-18 RC. Be aware, BC RC is very difficult compared to the real exam!!

Cliffs: I read this book like 3 times to get my BIO base down. I recommend starting with this book before starting bio destroyer or any other bio practice questions. If you are confused about a topic, you can go straight to cliffs to reread it to solidify your foundation.

Feralis notes: I read this at least once, but it is incredibly dense. If you want to get a excellent bio score, I suggest you read this top to bottom.

Crackdat RC: I only utilized 4 exams from this. It is helpful if you have trouble with inference/tone questions. The prompts from the 4 exams are usually not about science, but mostly history related.

REAL DAT
SNS (21): Went through biology and these questions were pretty easy. There was one point I received the same question twice but worded differently. Pretty sure there was some questions I could've answered correctly, but doubted myself. For chemistry, the questions were a lot simpler than the study resources. My mind went blank for one question, pretty sure I got it wrong lol. For OC, make sure know your reactions and concepts. The easy concepts tripped me up.

PAT (19): dang these keyholes and TFE was hard!! Angle was easier than BC, probably only got 3-4 hard questions. Cube counting was a bit easier than BC because there was less cubes to count. Hole punching was on par with BC. Pattern folding was a tad hard but manageable; maybe I was just nervous. I did not get any rocks for keyholes.

RC (20): Before taking the DAT, I was the most nervous about this section because I was averaging 17-18 on BC, but after my last 2 BC RC exams, I found my best method. My method was to read half of the passage and read the last paragraph and highlight any keywords, then answer the questions. Then I would read the last half. My first passage was in order of the questions. I had a passage about bacteria being resistant to antibiotics similar to one in BC, I guess I got lucky haha. USE THE HIGHLIGHT FEATURE if your method is reading instead of SnD. Had maybe 2-3 tone questions per passage.

QR (19): Was also worried about this section due to the new QC questions. 1/2 of the questions was mostly QC and graph reading problems. The graph reading problems are not hard at all if you know how to read a graph lol. I had no trig problems, but had geometry in the QC problems. Know your geometry formulas!

Overall: Do not be worried during the test or even before as this can affect your scores. Take your time learning your concepts. Postpone if you have to if you feel you are not ready. Make sure don't disconnect your friends and family as they keep you sane. I think my scores are average? If you have any questions, let me know.

Hi!! So I'm currently freaking out and have a little more than 2 weeks left but keep scoring 16's on BC because of stupid time :( What do you feel was most representative of the real QR section? Would you say math destroyer or bootcamp?

Hi!! So I'm currently freaking out and have a little more than 2 weeks left but keep scoring 16's on BC because of stupid time :( What do you feel was most representative of the real QR section? Would you say math destroyer or bootcamp?

Math destroyer is a lot harder than the real exam, but it does not have the quantitative comparison questions. Math destroyer only helped me with probability and applied mathematics questions. I only did like 10 exams out of 18? from it once. Bootcamp is on par or a little bit harder. I was averaging 17-18 on QR two weeks out. I was worried too, because I did not want that section to bring down my AA.

I recommend you to do problems everyday to practice, especially the quantitative comparison problems as it is at least 1/2 of QR. As long as you do at least a QR test a day until your test date, you'll be fine, as that is what I did. And don't forget to utilize the QC questions that orgoman posted, as it is pretty similar to the real dat.

Reactions: 1 users
Math destroyer is a lot harder than the real exam, but it does not have the quantitative comparison questions. Math destroyer only helped me with probability and applied mathematics questions. I only did like 10 exams out of 18? from it once. Bootcamp is on par or a little bit harder. I was averaging 17-18 on QR two weeks out. I was worried too, because I did not want that section to bring down my AA.

I recommend you to do problems everyday to practice, especially the quantitative comparison problems as it is at least 1/2 of QR. As long as you do at least a QR test a day until your test date, you'll be fine, as that is what I did. And don't forget to utilize the QC questions that orgoman posted, as it is pretty similar to the real dat.

Okay!! Thanks so much for that information, makes me feel a bit better.

Congrats on your awesome scores! I'm taking my DAT July 31st. I wanted to ask, where can I find these QC questions posted by orgoman?