Your Cheatin' Heart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PairODocs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so significant other is in the hospital on call and calls home. A few minutes (seconds) into the conversation he gets really quiet and his answers go from sentences...... to short phrases.... to yes/no..... to gutteral sounds.

Suddenly I realize there is a faint tap tap tapping coming from his end of the phone.

Me: Are you playing World of Doom? (World of Warcrap)
Him: mmm?

Me:you heard me, are you gaming WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PHONE WITH ME????
Him: maybe

(tapping slows.... )

ME: I can't believe you are GAMING while talking to me!!! I'm going to go... I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Him: Okayloveyoubye! (tap tap tap)

Members don't see this ad.

PairODocs said:
Ok, so significant other is in the hospital on call and calls home. A few minutes (seconds) into the conversation he gets really quiet and his answers go from sentences...... to short phrases.... to yes/no..... to gutteral sounds.

Suddenly I realize there is a faint tap tap tapping coming from his end of the phone.

Me: Are you playing World of Doom? (World of Warcrap)
Him: mmm?

Me:you heard me, are you gaming WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PHONE WITH ME????
Him: maybe

(tapping slows.... )

ME: I can't believe you are GAMING while talking to me!!! I'm going to go... I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Him: Okayloveyoubye! (tap tap tap)

But baby... I just got the BFG!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
PairODocs said:

I had a totally different idea of where this story was going than where it actually did. :D

beary said:
I had a totally different idea of where this story was going than where it actually did. :D

pathetic, isn't it?

He was gaming while talking to you? Yeah, its called multitasking. I do it all the time...

Be lucky he doesnt have sex with you and game at the same time, some of my ex's werent so lucky :laugh:

bananaface said:
I was married to a gamer. It sucks sometimes. Deal with it or move on. There is no point in being all upset all the time.

I'm feigning upset.

I actually drove 2 hours each way to buy something called Diablo 2 a few years back. He was post call the day it came out, and I knew he might fall asleep at the wheel if he drove himself. (Note:staying home and not getting the game was not an option.) That man knows he lucked out. He is an uber-geek and I love him.

This gaming talk has truly inspired me. I think I might open up my own adolescent male clinic. Throw some Maxim pics up on the wall, have free soda and X-boxes and Play Stations up front. Wear fuzzy Victoria's Secret sweaters to work. (you know the ones) Pipe in Nelly or whoever the little monsters are listening to.

Gee, I'll bet the dads will start bringing their kids to the doctor then!

The best way to deal with a gamer is to become one yourself...I was actually already a gamer before i married him, but he allows me to indulge my retro gaming as well as my modern gaming and doesn't think it is overkill to have and xbox and a ps2.

Plus one year for my birthday he bought me a working original nintendo and the game i had never beaten as a child (kid icarus) :love:

Pingu said:
The best way to deal with a gamer is to become one yourself...I was actually already a gamer before i married him, but he allows me to indulge my retro gaming as well as my modern gaming and doesn't think it is overkill to have and xbox and a ps2.

Plus one year for my birthday he bought me a working original nintendo and the game i had never beaten as a child (kid icarus) :love:

I already tried, but much like radiology, I could not make myself like it no matter what.

Plus, it would be another thing to hide from my future patients and their parents. (The other being my usage of colorful language.) Wow, peds might be tougher than I thought.

I cuss like a sailor (that is what private catholic school teaches you) which makes path a great field for me. Slides don't care too much about my potty mouth. But peds is a minefield when it comes to language...kids will mimic anything.

beary said:

Me too :)

My wife tolerates my gaming. Actually, she bought me a gamecube last year. I'm pretty lucky. I do try to pause when she is on the phone though...

Can we change the topic of this thread to sex? That would be much more interesting to me.

stormjen said:
Can we change the topic of this thread to sex? That would be much more interesting to me.

Sex while playing a video game? anyone?

<---------------My cat still needs a spanking

Doctor B. said:
Me too :)

My wife tolerates my gaming. Actually, she bought me a gamecube last year. I'm pretty lucky. I do try to pause when she is on the phone though...
That's awesome. Don't do anything to piss her off now :) .

Pookies said:
Sex while playing a video game? anyone?

<---------------My cat still needs a spanking
someone needs to feed the cat.

For some unknown reason, I can't resist responding. I am simply too old to be a "gamer."

No, I mean it.

I play video games like they're going outta style, though. I'm now inspired to hang out with Tony Hawk and his buds.

Mindy

How about "gomer" :laugh:
I'm way older than you.
Mindy said:
For some unknown reason, I can't resist responding. I am simply too old to be a "gamer."

No, I mean it.

I play video games like they're going outta style, though. I'm now inspired to hang out with Tony Hawk and his buds.

Mindy