Your experience as a target or Kroger Pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AminoAcid777

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you could tell me your experience as a target or kroger pharmacist?

Thanks
 
I do not work for either company, but I did do a rotation at Target. I really liked the fact that they are not super busy. One hundred scripts a day is pretty busy! I also think it is awesome that they use those crazy red upside down bottles. I have no experience with Kroger, so I don't really know how to compare the computer systems between the two.
 
i currently work for both. what do you want to know? if you dont want to post your questions here pm me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a rotation at Target, and I liked it. My store did around 150 prescriptions a day. We had one pharmacist and 2 technicians working with about 4 hours overlap. The pharmacist seemed to do everything from verifying prescriptions to typing, calling insurance companies, pick up and drop-off-whatever technicians do. I don't have much experiences in other major pharmacy chains (CVS, walgreens, etc), so I don't really know how this is different from other pharmacies. Also, pharmacists at Target have various activities and regular meetings with the team members in the regular store.