Your Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats cool. I've composed music since I was 9 and never wrote any electronic music!

ChessMess said:
B.S. Electronic Music

Oh yeeeeeaaaahhhh!

Members don't see this ad.

Zoom-Zoom said:
Neuroscience and Psychology. I'm two classes away from a Bio tripple major so who knows.
Triple major? Pretty cool. I would have loved to do a Neuroscience major, but my school doesn't offer it, so I decided to get as close as I could by doing a double major in Bio (with all the neurobio/neuroanat electives) and Psych (all the neuroscience and cognitive science core electives).

WWU_Viking said:
Thats cool. I've composed music since I was 9 and never wrote any electronic music!
Cool! Do you still have any of your old compositions? Scores? Recordings?
I'd love to see your stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
jackieMD2007 said:
Pharmacology. Yay!

This would have been my choice but we don't have it :thumbdown: . I would have doen Med Tech but I didn't want to add an extra year for clinical rotations (although sometimes I wish I had).

Biology with a minor in Chemistry.

Started as a Chemical Engineer specializing in biomedical engineering, switched to Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics and much happier. I had to take multivariable calculus for my engineering degree and it really hurt my GPA and doesn't help for any other classes -_-

MahSpoon said:
Started as a Chemical Engineer specializing in biomedical engineering, switched to Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics and much happier. I had to take multivariable calculus for my engineering degree and it really hurt my GPA and doesn't help for any other classes -_-

Mathematics, Economics, and Biochemistry. I love math and Econ is math and need biochem for the need to satiate my love of science.

Psychology/Literature minor in Religion

If I had it to do over again:
Psychology/Philosophy w/ a minor in Religion

(My school does have a major in Religion, at least it didn't when I went there)

Slide said:
I'm a standard Chem major (well slight emphasis on organic). I've learned a lot of skills, but if I knew I were going full pre-med earlier in college, I would have picked an easier major. The chem curriculum is honestly not worth the huge amount of time, effort, and heartbreak (not to mention lower GPA) if you know 100% you're going to med school.

I know how you feel... Sometimes I feel Chem majors ( at least my school) get fewer credits for A LOT more work.
Anyone who's taking analytical and ochem at the same time knows what i'm talking about... :mad:
But you gotta do what you enjoy...

Information Science Technology with the "context" option...aka all the boring legal stuff involved with integrating technology into corporations and project management stuff and German Lit as of now.....then when I do my postbacc premed I suppossedly get some other b.s. (as in not bachelor of science) degree... Oh and minor in international studies because I did two study abroads and evidently it just kind of happened. I get some interesting class mix as well...... "Figure out a way to integrate a new cell phone system into the infrastructure of Afghanistan. Take into account Terrain and other factors." and then something along the lines of (in german) "Compare this Goethe Poem with Brentana. Note the structure, symbolism...blah blah blah. At least 5 pages"