Your Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bennyboy5406

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
YO...wats everyone majoring in. lets hear em

Members don't see this ad.

CELL BIOLOGY!

[Ain't nothin but a G Protein Thang]

Biochemistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Biomedical Engineering

Medicinal Chemistry

Political Science, bitches. Ain't nothin but a C. Wright Mills thang.

Philosophy.
Ain't nothing but an Aristotelian thang.

:scared:

Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, and Biomedical Sciences

Philosophy.
Ain't nothing but an Aristotelian thang.

:scared:

Don't fret, my non-science brother. Those biologists ain't got nothin on us. :cool:

Wow, I had to force myself to write "ain't". My hands didn't want to do it. :laugh:

kinesiology (movement science) and nutrition :D

nookular enguneering. I wish I would have done biomedical engineering though. The way our nuclear program is set up, you don't realize it sucks until second semester junior year and then its too late.

Oh oh, first post.

Physiology major hurr

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh oh, first post.

Physiology major hurr

get out while you still can haha but really :welcome:

mine is physiology as well

yay for physiology majors ;)

Welcome to the jungle, baby.
Thanks, I'm only a freshman but I think it'd be advantageous to start preparing early/know what to expect for getting into medical school.

+a jungle of textbooks

Thanks, I'm only a freshman but I think it'd be advantageous to start preparing early/know what to expect for getting into medical school.

Get the info you need, then get out. SDN is good for factual information, but it can sap your motivation and self-confidence. But if you (like everyone else has to this point) fail to heed this warning, then welcome to the fold!

:barf::welcome:+pissed+

Get the info you need, then get out. SDN is good for factual information, but it can sap your motivation and self-confidence. But if you (like everyone else has to this point) fail to heed this warning, then welcome to the fold!

:barf::welcome:+pissed+
o I feel it already.
It appears every user here is actually a robot of excellence.
Well, when reading the 3.8 gpas and mcat scores anyway :0

But it kind of gives me an idea of how competitive I should be so alls good

yea I'll stick around haha

Biomechanical Engineering (ABET)

I'm suprised how many bioengineers there are... and I thought I was special....

now I'm just another statistic :D

zoology (= ecology + evolution)

Yeah, I have a fairly high GPA compared to people I know, but I come on here and I feel like a degenerate.

Philosophy&Religion ... Written together so as not to imply I had a double major...my school let me smush all the soapboxes in this world into one.:thumbup:

Doubling in Math and Econ, baby

Sports Medicine

Philosophy&Religion ... Written together so as not to imply I had a double major...my school let me smush all the soapboxes in this world into one.:thumbup:

So does mine. :laugh:

nookular enguneering. I wish I would have done biomedical engineering though. The way our nuclear program is set up, you don't realize it sucks until second semester junior year and then its too late.

What's wrong with Nuclear Engineering? I wanted to get into it, although that was before my interest in medicine.

Biomechanical Engineering (ABET)

I'm suprised how many bioengineers there are... and I thought I was special....

now I'm just another statistic :D

You're special because it's ABET accredited. Most bioengineering programs, aren't, that I know of. Unless they're associated with mechanical engineering, and are kind of a specialization of ME at the school.

Don't fret, my non-science brother. Those biologists ain't got nothin on us. :cool:

Wow, I had to force myself to write "ain't". My hands didn't want to do it. :laugh:

No, sir, they do not! Hahaha, I had a harder time writing "thang" than I did "ain't". :laugh:

You're special because it's ABET accredited. Most bioengineering programs, aren't, that I know of. Unless they're associated with mechanical engineering, and are kind of a specialization of ME at the school.

The Biomedical Engineering program, which is a subset of the Bioengineering program, is ABET accredited at my school. I thought it had to be accredited in order to have "the Engineering" tag.

Last edited:
Math.

Ain't nothing but a Leonhard Euler thing.

EDIT: Whoever else is majoring in math, should I just focus on finishing my degree or should I add a Biology minor or something. It would raise my GPA / science GPA (hopefully)

Math.

EDIT: Whoever else is majoring in math, should I just focus on finishing my degree or should I add a Biology minor or something. It would raise my GPA / science GPA (hopefully)

Not that I'm a math major, but... I'm minoring in chem - maybe - just because I want to.

Math.

Whats your GPA? If you haven't already fulfilled your premed reqs you might as well apply for a biology minor as it would only be a few extra classes.

Most likely Business Administration or something of the like. Currently Cellular and Molecular biology, but a doctor I've been shadowing has swayed be away from that.

Math.

take the classes, but don't worry about the minor. the minor is pretty useless.

Chemistry! and psychology, but that is much less consequential....

Honk if you love PChem:laugh:

Public Health

Anyone majoring in PH, too? :)

Whats your GPA? If you haven't already fulfilled your premed reqs you might as well apply for a biology minor as it would only be a few extra classes.

That's the thing, my first semester GPA was horrid so unless there's a way to remove some of the grades from my record, then I believe the highest I can get my GPA with only a math major if I 4.0 the rest of the semesters is a 3.6 or so.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a bright guy so 4.0ing the rest of the semesters shouldn't be a problem. I believe I was just lazy because I didn't really find the passion in my life. Wanting to do medicine has reignited my motivation and educational drive. So now I think I might actually try to do well. It's worked so far this semester, I have 100%+ in all my classes except one which still is an A I believe.

Oh well, now I'm tooting my own horn :p

Feel free to give me tips though, should I retake courses where I got C's or C+'s?

Biological Science w/ Chemistry minor. I'm trying to find something else that's interesting to minor in :)

Underwater Basket-weaving.

Chemistry! and psychology, but that is much less consequential....

Honk if you love PChem:laugh:

Honk, but I think the bumper sticker was honk if you passed PChem. Anyway, Chemistry, biology, and film.

Honk, but I think the bumper sticker was honk if you passed PChem. Anyway, Chemistry, biology, and film.

Definitely friggin' not honking, but yes, it is.

Our PChem prof here at my school has that plastered front and center on his office door.