your opinion on ERAS and USMLE Step II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetlenovo88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 2010 DO graduate that did not match in EM and will be doing a master's in the year off. I am reapplying for the match and have decided to take the USMLE step II. I have an average Comlex score and want to boost my step II score especially for MD programs. I never took USMLE step I but am still eligible for II.

My question has to do with timing and ERAS. When I apply, I want the USMLE score to be there. What is considered a late application for ERAS?

I would like to take the test in mid August/late August. With a four week turn around I would be applying in mid/late september.

Is this considered late for MD residencies? I know DO residencies open a bit earlier. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

September should be fine for essentially all programs. ERAS doesn't open for us until Sept 1, so anythingf in September is still pretty early.

Just a heads up- any step 2 ck tests taken after august 12 will have to wait until october 6 for scores.