Your Perspectives on these Anesthesiology Programs, please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As is apparent, I am starting early investigating residency programs. Just for my own edification, I would appreciate any of you posting with your personal perspectives on these programs, esp if you have done an elective or an interview there.

Right now, I am favoring a collection of programs in the NE and would love to hear any scuttle-butt you may have on them.

Dartmouth
U Rochester
BayState Medical (Springfield, MA)
UConn
Penn St
UMass
UPitt

Thanks in advance to any of you who take the time to reply about any of these programs.

:cool: :wink: :p :D :) :cool: :D :p

Members don't see this ad.

>You've got a PM.

Which is better than PMS.

(Bump)

Members don't see this ad :)
why dont you just formulate your own opinions after visiting the programs and talking to the residents. You will be spending three years there not me.

Thanks Rad for our wonderfully supportive advice.

I have every intention of visiting these programs and undertaking electives at 1 or 2 of them. However, as I am still in the "research" phase -- as was stated in my original post -- I am trying to gather additional perspectives on these programs. Just in case you have note figured it out yet, those program broshures may not provide the most accurate assessment of the program. And, by getting opinions from people who have been there &/or trained there, I am more efficiently able to prioritize my research efforts.

Thanks for all of your assistance.

Rad,

Nice response, way to help a guy out. Of course Old Man Dave will formulate his own opinions, but one of the purposes of this forum is to get the opinions of others.

Dave,

I sent you some contact info the other day via OPM messenger. Just checking to make sure you received it. If so, did you get a response from the person we were discussing?

BTW, if you do an elective at the U of R, let me know. The Mrs. and I will treat you to dinner.

Ian "racerx"

RacerX,

Yes, I did get in contact with the person you referred me too. We have exchanged e-mails and he was very informative. I am in the process of trying to secure an elective at UR this very moment. However, I have yet to be able to reach them by phone or e-mail. I figure that they're quite busy dealing with the match results right now...will probably try to reach them again Mon/Tues.

As for the dinner invite -- most definitely!