Your scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chaajo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a general question. When you apply for the job, do the recruiters look into your scores dated back year 1 even if most of the subjects were mainly general science(bio, chem)? Or do they just put more focus on your performance in the pharmacy subjects?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

They don't care about your grades.

Reactions: 1 user
no one will care about your grades

Members don't see this ad :)
Licensed = check
Breathing = check

you are good to go (after background and drug testing)

Walmart grad intern application asks for GPA. I'd say they use it more for those who have never worked for them before.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

How about your degree and the school you graduated from?

Thanks for your replies everyone.

How about your degree and the school you graduated from?
this does matter - IF you are a new or fairly new grad. Especially with the proliferation of new schools out there, I will place an emphasis on it.

Grades? same thing - only if a new grad, if you have been out of school for a while, who cares, your work speaks for itself.

this does matter - IF you are a new or fairly new grad. Especially with the proliferation of new schools out there, I will place an emphasis on it.

Grades? same thing - only if a new grad, if you have been out of school for a while, who cares, your work speaks for itself.
If they look at new schools in the US this way then how about a degree coming from a foreign school?
So if I mention in my resume my internship experience in a research lab or past experience in any community service within the US, will it make my application likely to come through?

If they look at new schools in the US this way then how about a degree coming from a foreign school?
So if I mention in my resume my internship experience in a research lab or past experience in any community service within the US, will it make my application likely to come through?

As someone already put it, licensed in the US + breathing is what they care about.

As someone already put it, licensed in the US + breathing is what they care about.
in today;s job market that is not the truth, you have to have something worth while, unfortunately, licensed pharmacist are getting close to a dime a dozen

My recruiter at a large retail chain cared about my potential to be a manager (rph's with a pulse are a dime a dozen, rph's capable of managing a pharmacy are not), and, since it's an undesirable area, whether I would jump ship to my hometown or a desirable city at the first opportunity (why do you want to live in BFE?). Grades never came up.

It's on the job apps but it's not a required field. The only time I ever got asked about it seriously was when I applied for an intern position at this hospital in the Bronx. Didn't get the intern position but I'm working there as a per diem pharmacist now (they didn't ask me about the GPA for the pharmacist position).