Your thoughts on the first few weeks of school

mrslaw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am married to a 3rd-year med student, and I've been thinking about starting a publication for spouses and significant others of med students. The first topic I'm interested in exploring is the transition into the first few weeks of school (e.g., moving [if applicable], transitioning to your partner's new daily routine [or lack thereof], adjusting to your new job [if applicable]/routines, taking on more household/childcare/financial responsibilities, meeting your partner's new friends, meeting new friends of your own).

I'd be very interested in hearing how everyone dealt with this transition. Was it easy/hard? Anything surprise you during the first few weeks? Anything unexpected? Anything you'd do differently? Do you have any advise for partners getting ready to embark on the 4-year journey of med school?

Any and all comments welcome! I look forward to hearing from you. And thanks for sharing!

Members don't see this ad.

I think its a great idea!

You should definatley read all the past posts here....it will give you lots of insight.

There is also another forum for spouses but I forget its name. It also has lots of great info.

I would be happy to contribute as you needed, but think a good starting post is just to read the prior posts.

Good luck!