Your thoughts on the first few weeks of school

Started by mrslaw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mrslaw

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am married to a 3rd-year med student, and I've been thinking about starting a publication for spouses and significant others of med students. The first topic I'm interested in exploring is the transition into the first few weeks of school (e.g., moving [if applicable], transitioning to your partner's new daily routine [or lack thereof], adjusting to your new job [if applicable]/routines, taking on more household/childcare/financial responsibilities, meeting your partner's new friends, meeting new friends of your own).

I'd be very interested in hearing how everyone dealt with this transition. Was it easy/hard? Anything surprise you during the first few weeks? Anything unexpected? Anything you'd do differently? Do you have any advise for partners getting ready to embark on the 4-year journey of med school?

Any and all comments welcome! I look forward to hearing from you. And thanks for sharing!
 
I think its a great idea!

You should definatley read all the past posts here....it will give you lots of insight.

There is also another forum for spouses but I forget its name. It also has lots of great info.

I would be happy to contribute as you needed, but think a good starting post is just to read the prior posts.

Good luck!