1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

your thoughts...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by rszam, Jun 14, 2008.

1. rszam

Pre-Dental
    So I need some sincere advice on this matter

I am a rising senior with a 3.8 GPA, and a pretty solid application past that (great research, volunteering, shadowing, etc).

I was planning on studying very hard for the next 2 months and take the DAT in mid-August.

Certain things have come up however...and although I could probably still study for the next 2 months, I was thinking of delaying my applying until next year and my family wants me to as well.

I would then spend from now until next May or so studying regularly for the DAT and try to pull off an amazing score (~25 God-Willing), finish my bio degree, and try to improve my application.

If this does happen, what would be my chance of getting a scholarship with these high stats? I am thinking that this would make up for the year off. Any other benefits?

I kindly request your thoughts, thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blankguy

Dental Student
    Scholarship is depending on your academics I don't think delaying one year will matter.

4. cherr1pop

Pre-Dental
    I think you'll be fine. Isn't the average age for entering dental school student something like 26-7 anyway? Try taking addition upper division biology courses while you're finishing up your degree. They'll not only strengthen your application, they will also help you on the DAT. (I took biochemistry last semester and I think it's helped me understand more concepts and such of the biology section.)

5. rszam

Pre-Dental
    are scholarships for dental school even existent?

if so...what do you have to have to get one?

6. rszam

Pre-Dental
    I know of one guy who got a med school scholarship because of a 42 MCAT

any details for dental school scholarships?

7. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    If you can get a 3.8/24, good chance.