Your thoughts

Started by Ariee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I spent a lot of time analyzing my chances last year as a DO, I think you have something like an 86% chance of matching when you interview at 4+ programs.

If someone told you that they want you there, thats a good sign. Either way, advanced positions are still available post match, and you could always scramble into a surgical year, then reapply for an advanced program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why did u delete your post airee? it may be a question or situation that could help others
 
I spent a lot of time analyzing my chances last year as a DO, I think you have something like an 86% chance of matching when you interview at 4+ programs.

If someone told you that they want you there, thats a good sign. Either way, advanced positions are still available post match, and you could always scramble into a surgical year, then reapply for an advanced program.

Why surgical prelim? I have heard anesthesiologists being referred to as the internists of the OR, and when talking to anesthesiologists i have been told that the patient care and management that was taught in the medical internship is a lot more valuable than the surgical one simply because the surgeon will be dealing with the surgical stuff and you'll have to deal with the medical stuff.