Your thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ariee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
nm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time analyzing my chances last year as a DO, I think you have something like an 86% chance of matching when you interview at 4+ programs.

If someone told you that they want you there, thats a good sign. Either way, advanced positions are still available post match, and you could always scramble into a surgical year, then reapply for an advanced program.

nm again~

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
why did u delete your post airee? it may be a question or situation that could help others

I spent a lot of time analyzing my chances last year as a DO, I think you have something like an 86% chance of matching when you interview at 4+ programs.

If someone told you that they want you there, thats a good sign. Either way, advanced positions are still available post match, and you could always scramble into a surgical year, then reapply for an advanced program.

Why surgical prelim? I have heard anesthesiologists being referred to as the internists of the OR, and when talking to anesthesiologists i have been told that the patient care and management that was taught in the medical internship is a lot more valuable than the surgical one simply because the surgeon will be dealing with the surgical stuff and you'll have to deal with the medical stuff.