Yuyama robot tips and tricks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YuyamaN00b

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a new hire at Walgreens and I work overnight. The Yuyama machine always seems to have problems and I can never figure out how to fix them. Any tips or tricks you guys can offer?

Members don't see this ad.

Im a new hire at Walgreens and I work overnight. The Yuyama machine always seems to have problems and I can never figure out how to fix them. Any tips or tricks you guys can offer?
what type of problems?

One thing I would do is reboot the entire robot shut off the CPU and the robot. This clears out all the backlogged orders and gives you a fresh start. Also keep up on filling the cells. If you use it right the robot can help you but people put the wrong cells in breaking the gears. They also don't scan the barcodes on leaflets. If components are broken on the robot you might just have to call yuyamma. Finally be careful and load the labels according to the diagram,

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Make sure that the vials are not over the fill line
2. Make sure there is no vial stuck vertically on the belt
3. Make sure that the black rubber label spindle is not dirty or labels will bunch up. (Clean with alcohol)
4. Clean the gears on the underside of the cassettes. the tablet powder and grease will turn into a rock.
5. Make sure than the Lense covers on the sensors are clean. Just wipe them with your semi clean pharmacy hands. Will throw vial errors repeatly if it can't sense the vial is on the belt.
6. Make sure that the machine is serviced for maintenance regularly. Those little screws in the floor will cause problems eventually.
7. When I doubt turn everything off and restart.
8. Last resort just call tech number those guys will walk you through the simple problems. Or send a tech quickly (hahaha) if needed.

Good luck

I know at cvs the script pro had a 24/7 help line you could call. The kirby machines had an on call tech (who would return messages within a couple hours)