Zeiss eyemag pro 3.2x vs 4.0x

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funkymonkey99

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at the Zeiss eyemag pro 3.2x and 4.0x loupes. Which one would you recommend I choose? (I've been working with a pair of 2.5x loupes for a while now and want a mag. upgrade)

Also, has anyone else found the declination angle for the eyemag pro to be less than their 2.5x? I wish the system allowed a steeper angle for posture

Members don't see this ad.

I have classmates who got the 4.0x zeiss and the only complaint was the weight. I'm a firm believer in high magnification. However, if you want loupes that have the best ergonomics, you're going to need to look at surgitel or orascoptic.

I have classmates who got the 4.0x zeiss and the only complaint was the weight. I'm a firm believer in high magnification. However, if you want loupes that have the best ergonomics, you're going to need to look at surgitel or orascoptic.

Would you still use the 4.0 for all things general dentistry ( including perio? ) or would the 3.2x be a better all rounder?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you still use the 4.0 for all things general dentistry ( including perio? ) or would the 3.2x be a better all rounder?
I use 5.5x for every type of procedure. Literally. Do I use them 100% of the time for extractions? No, but I'm doing it more often lately, especially for molars and surgicals.

It is what you want it to be. If you want to get used to working with mag for everything, then you do. 4x is great for me for restorative, and 3x is great for perio/prosth. I have the EyeZoom by Orascoptic, so I can switch between if I want. 5x is great, but for me not necessary unless there is part of the prep I can't see, or unless I'm doing Endo.

TL;DR you will acclamate to what you use, and more mag is almost never a bad thing. I'd say pull the trigger on the 4x and use it for everything.

I use 5.5x for every type of procedure. Literally. Do I use them 100% of the time for extractions? No, but I'm doing it more often lately, especially for molars and surgicals.

Just bought a pair. Upgrading 4.5 to 5.5x. :bookworm:

Reactions: 1 users