Zoloft

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaela521

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I need some help regarding me taking zoloft in the capsule form. When I swallow the capsule my stomach really starts hurting about 45 minutes to 1 hour latter and lasts for a good time. Do you know why this is happening? Could I perhaps avoid this pain by emptying the contents of the capsule in water and drinking the powder but discarding the capsule that the powder is in? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Michaela521 said:
Hello I need some help regarding me taking zoloft in the capsule form. When I swallow the capsule my stomach really starts hurting about 45 minutes to 1 hour latter and lasts for a good time. Do you know why this is happening? Could I perhaps avoid this pain by emptying the contents of the capsule in water and drinking the powder but discarding the capsule that the powder is in? Thank you

Nausea is a side effect of zoloft, however this board is not for medical advice. I will tell you to never break open a capsule, and you should consult your physician/pharmacist regarding your problems with the medication.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was about to say... I've never seen a Zoloft capsule.

Requiem said:
I assumed it was a tablet but she didn't know the difference ;)

Right buddy. What pharmacy school are you attending?

Yep - since this is may not be your first post about altering a dosage form for an SSRI - I'd encourage you again to talk with your health provider about how your medication is affecting you. Often the first drug and dose may not be the right one, but it is important you share how you feel & how you feel the medication is working with the one who is prescribing it. Are you reluctant or does it just appear to those of us who read your posts as reluctant? I'd encourage you to be open and trust your health provider. Good luck!

BME103 said:
he goes to school in Canada

In case you didn't know, medications come in different formulations there than they do in the USA.

And y'all say I'm not nice... bah!

BME103 said:

Umm yeah cuz all we learn in pharmacy school is whether each med comes in tablet or capsule form.

Please! That's knowledge you got from being a slave technician for years. You do NOT learn that in pharmacy school.

AmandaRxs said:
Umm yeah cuz all we learn in pharmacy school is whether each med comes in tablet or capsule form.

Please! That's knowledge you got from being a slave technician for years. You do NOT learn that in pharmacy school.

I am sorry but as a pharmacist you should know which SSRIs come in capsule form. It is important.

Closing, as the OP is asking for medical advice. Please do not continue to use the forums as an arena to ask these sorts of questions, as it can jeopardize your account status. You should consult your personal medical provider for all personal medical advice.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.