Zolpidem + caffeine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentDoctorM

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I have anxiety and insomnia, and am trying to study for the step 1.
The anxiety is getting in the way of my studying so I went to my pcp and he prescribed xanax (recently). The problem is, benzos cause amnesia so I'm not sure if it is the best drug for me. I also have zolpidem to help me with my insomnia and we learned it causes less amnesia.

Caffeine helps me concentrate, but exacerbates my anxiety AND insomnia, so I stopped drinking coffee a long time ago. However, I'm wondering if taking Zolpidem with caffeine would be a good idea for studying. Has anyone tried this combo and does anyone know if there are any drug interactions/complications?

[Edit] I took 0.25mg of xanax an hour before writing here and can already notice it affecting my ability to think straight.. but my question remains the same. Has anyone tried Zolpidem + Caffeine?

Also I found a study about this. Disappointing conclusion but it is just one study so any first hand experience will be greatly appreciated
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9754987
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.