Zolpidem + caffeine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentDoctorM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have anxiety and insomnia, and am trying to study for the step 1.
The anxiety is getting in the way of my studying so I went to my pcp and he prescribed xanax (recently). The problem is, benzos cause amnesia so I'm not sure if it is the best drug for me. I also have zolpidem to help me with my insomnia and we learned it causes less amnesia.

Caffeine helps me concentrate, but exacerbates my anxiety AND insomnia, so I stopped drinking coffee a long time ago. However, I'm wondering if taking Zolpidem with caffeine would be a good idea for studying. Has anyone tried this combo and does anyone know if there are any drug interactions/complications?

[Edit] I took 0.25mg of xanax an hour before writing here and can already notice it affecting my ability to think straight.. but my question remains the same. Has anyone tried Zolpidem + Caffeine?

Also I found a study about this. Disappointing conclusion but it is just one study so any first hand experience will be greatly appreciated
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9754987

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.