Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are SQ works less cumbersome? This suggestion is actually for your real world scenario in the parking lot. I am in way over my head on this topic but IMO it would be an above average addition to your armamentarium because of the lower risk of infection and the lower skill level required for site set up.![]()
Oh shoot, I didn't even think of SubQ rehydration in a pinch. We have Hylenex in the ED (recently added - definitely not on the current "parking lot pharmacy" plan/list), with the SF crush injury protocol, the rec. is IV rehydration of 2L but in a pinch SubQ can do the trick. I'm thinking of my peds population w/ difficulty obtaining IV access.
one for fluids one for pain. Legs crushed you can do the abdomen and arms. Oh yeah and needless too (safety bonus).
. It is definitely not a set it and forget it drug though.
