General Admissions & OTCAS Zoom Group Interview Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EoOT

Reaction score
I have an individual and my first group interview on zoom next week. I haven't done a group interview before so I don't really know what to expect. What topics or questions would they might ask? How long are usually the sessions? All I know about the group interview is that they will have us discuss on our own a topic or question. I feel like I would have trouble finding the perfect time to speak up (especially on zoom).
Any advice is welcome, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello there,

I hope that you are doing well. It's hard to tell you what to expect during the interview because you did not mention where you applied.
The best way to prepare for an interview is by practicing your answers. ( Many schools offer mock interviews. Use these services.)
Google common OT school interview questions.
Make sure to dress professionally.
Be sure to test your camera, sound, and lighting.
As far as what questions will be asked during the interview, those aren't allowed to be discussed online per my school's interview. Again, google the most common ones and go over them.
When it comes to the group, ignore the people and focus on being yourself. You'll come off as more confident rather than competitive.

I hope this is the kind of advice that you need.
I wish you the best of luck on your journey.