***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Same here. I am just trying to enjoy this waiting period. I figure stressing just makes it worse. I went to Alaska and have spent time with my friends. It's better to party now and worry when the scores are released. Who knows what July and August will have in store for me.

rpviper said:
Same here. I am just trying to enjoy this waiting period. I figure stressing just makes it worse. I went to Alaska and have spent time with my friends. It's better to party now and worry when the scores are released. Who knows what July and August will have in store for me.
Dang, I wish this was vacation for me. It's finals week for our first, short summer session next week.

I just started doing research. But it's really easy going. I''ve already got a paper about to be published so now all the research is for fun really. By the way, do use the THx login to see our scores? Also, if scores were released around midnight, which time zone would they be released?? I'm in Central.

Members don't see this ad :)
The page update checker extension alarm (in firefox) that I setup per instructions in this thread has gone off twice in the last 10 minutes. No scores yet though. That's twice I've about injured myself trying to get to the PC.

Interesting. Perhaps they are uploading scores where they are visible to them but not us. That would make the score release much easier and less prone to screw up. Where are you checking you scores? The Thx page?

Maybe they will be out tonight, I know thats extremely unlikely but they have screwed with us, why not screw with us some more.

Oh man! They love to torure us. Is it hard to specify some details? I mean they've done testings soo many times. We pay them over $200, they should keep us posted at least.

rpviper said:

When were you in Alaska? I live here, and it's been fairly nice. Anyone else from up here?

I started my internship at the Alaska Native Medical Center this week, and it's made the wait go so much faster. Although if I did poorly it's going to be rough going to work rubbing shoulders with the docs on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I went to Alaska just at the end of May. We flew to Anchorage. stayed there for a day. Then drove to Seward....the MOST BEAUTIFUL drive. Ocean on the right and mountains hovering all over you. We took an 8 hour cruise and saw humpbacks, orcas, and sea lions every where. Then we went to Denali. I went white river rafting. Some cold water. Then went to Fairbanks and passed the Arctic Circle. Then headed back home from Anchorage. Best vacation ever!

I've made official plans for score release night (either Mon. or Tues. night). My husband is not in MI with me for the summer so my friend is on call for hand-holding duty when the scores are expected to come out :laugh: I am such a nut :laugh:

To return the favor to my friend I am officially committed to going out and getting drunk on Wed. July 26-the day the MI Bar exam is over :)

Members don't see this ad :)
alpinesunrise said:
When were you in Alaska? I live here, and it's been fairly nice. Anyone else from up here?

I started my internship at the Alaska Native Medical Center this week, and it's made the wait go so much faster. Although if I did poorly it's going to be rough going to work rubbing shoulders with the docs on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I've got a bunch of family up in Anchorage - and you're right, the drive to Seward is absol gorgeous. Know the McGuire family?

5 days left, a ear, a toe, two eyes, and a fingernail to go. *spits previous fingernail out*

EMH said:
The page update checker extension alarm (in firefox) that I setup per instructions in this thread has gone off twice in the last 10 minutes. No scores yet though. That's twice I've about injured myself trying to get to the PC.

It depends on what page you are monitoring. If you are monitoring...
http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/start.htm

...then they have been making some small wording changes to tha tpage for things like: "Full-length MCAT exams — over 1,200 items!" to "Full-length MCAT exams — more than 1,200 items!", or changing text to reflect the opening of registration for the CBT MCAT for August (Yes, I'm neurotic). I'd suggest monitoring the actual page where you scores are displayed...
https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main
(note: the forum software is mangling the display of the link above, see actual link or just goto the display of your scores)

...that way you'll pickup the display of your score and/or the little playful "messages" they taunt you with on the day of release.

People you aren't obsessing enough! Please stress and obsess about the release of the MCAT scores today for me, so somebody take the torch and run with it. :D I've decided to concentrate on school today 100% and refuse to check my MCAT scores today or SDN. Wish me luck! :) :laugh:

shantster said:
If you like Italian, make sure you go to the North End and eat at one of the tiny little restuarants. Also, hit up Mike's Pastry shop. Very yummy!

For sightseeing, definitely do the Freedom Trail. I believe it begins in Boston Commons and you might be able to pick up a brochure or something there (that's just a guess, but I'd think there would be some information on it). It's a long day if you do it at once though.
IMO....modern pastry is SOOOO much better than mike's. All of us locals don't even go to mike's...leave that for the tourists! :D and now that they renovated modern pastry, it's really a cute little cafe now.

JulietsMonster said:
Man I got really excited about the ice cream thing but I looked it up and it was over the 7th. :( I was very dissapointed- except I think it was raining then so that makes me feel better.
Actually- my boyfriend is coming up in a few weeks and I want to take him to the North End for a romantic evening. What would you suggest for a midrange dinner and any ideas for afterwards (haha except for the obvious... ;) )
haha, going to ignore the last comment....

midrange dinner in the north end? hmm...giaccomo's is good if you like seafood...it's right up on Hanover, on the opposite side of the street from Mike's pastry and a block farther from Government Center. Dom's is really my favorite place but it's a little pricier than most of the places there (around $23 per entree, but the food is FABULOUS). Dom's is #10 Bartlett Street, on the corner of Salem and Bartlett Streets (Bartlett is actually Paramenter where it intersects with Hanover, if that helps).

Anywhere you go will be good food, I'm pretty sure of that ;)

LifetimeDoc said:
People you aren't obsessing enough! Please stress and obsess about the release of the MCAT scores today for me, so somebody take the torch and run with it. :D I've decided to concentrate on school today 100% and refuse to check my MCAT scores today or SDN. Wish me luck! :) :laugh:
Oh, I'm obsessing :) But after June 7th and June 12th/13th I'm not that excited about June 20th...

QofQuimica said:
Hi April 2006 MCATers,

Some posters have requested that we have one serious thread where only announcements and information about the April 2006 MCAT score release are posted. This thread is it. After the scores are released (on JUNE 20TH!!!), y'all can post your scores in here as well. But in the meantime, please while away the time in the Official April 2006 thread so that we can avoid cluttering this one up with unrelated posts. As always, please remember that false score release posts and threads are a no-no, and good luck to everyone waiting. :)

Hey :mad: my thread was hijacked. Call in the marines!!!! :laugh:

As that day approaches I feel worse and worse. I keep lowering my expected score. I'm down to 24 now. :( This is pure torture. I wish they wouldn't have given a date.

ReDox said:
As that day approaches I feel worse and worse. I keep lowering my expected score. I'm down to 24 now. :( This is pure torture. I wish they wouldn't have given a date.

that's a good thing, that just means more celebration when you get that 30+

I know other people asked this previously, but if there was an answer, I missed it... In previous years, when they announced the scores would be out on a certain date, did it come out sometime on that day, or late the night before (like midnight the day before)? I'm guessing it was mostly the day of, but I'm still hoping for late on the 19th...

zimmie256 said:
I know other people asked this previously, but if there was an answer, I missed it... In previous years, when they announced the scores would be out on a certain date, did it come out sometime on that day, or late the night before (like midnight the day before)? I'm guessing it was mostly the day of, but I'm still hoping for late on the 19th...

I was told that in october of last year (2005) the scores came out in the evening announced, and the same for the spring release dates - Unfortuntatly :(

anyone want to call the Iowa MCAT people and see if our reports went in the mail today?

zimmie256 said:
In '03 they came out mid morning of the day they stipulated.

Anastasis said:
You go first ;)

they will be mailed the 20th or shortly there after :(

why can't they get their story straight?! when I called last week they said they would be mailed the end of this week!

I've resigned myself to not knowing my scores til the 20th. I hope they come out during the day because my nephew sleeps in the computer room so I can't get online late at night w/o running the risk of waking him up.

Well in the spirit of score release frustration I am joining in. After the terrible MCAT nightmare last night I thought I'd share. I dreamt I got a 10 verbal, 12 bio, and a 2 physical!!!!!!! Worst nightmare of my life! I wish they would just mail the scores:(

zimmie256 said:
last October, the examinee data was updated during the day that scores were scheduled to be released, some messages came up thanking us for our patience during the day but saying scores would probably not be loaded before 10:30 PM, and then the actual scores were posted at about 10:30 PM eastern time.

rpviper said:
Lucky for you. I have a presentation the WED after score release...really sucks.

I feel your pain. I have a final on Wed. Hopefully my MCAT score won't kill my confidence for the test.

morriske said:
I'm thinking that I will not get my scores until June 20th :(

Yeah...where's that other individual who claimed a reputable source told he/she scores would be released today...I vote for some serious lynching!

LifetimeDoc said:
Is this the rumor of the day? :D

I know this guy, who knows this other guy, who slept with this hooker in Vegas once, who told him that she once had a john who told her that his ex-wife's twin sister's best friend's dog's veterinarian had a friend in the AAMC and he had it on good authority that scores would be released sometime by the 20th of June.

looks like we're going to make 3000 here; by the way I had a nightmare scores would be released on the 27th -- i can't wait that long

MCAT Scores
You have no scores yet.

What would you like to do? (instructions)

1. get my MCAT scores
2. go on vacation
3. get my MCAT scores
4. read a really good book
5. get my MCAT scores
6. eat at the Melting Pot
7. get my MCAT scores so that I stop thinking about getting my MCAT scores
;)