***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

DrVanNostran said:
I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad for Poland..... :(

i feel bad for poland cuz they held on for like the last 20 minutes, but germany was attacking for the last like 25 minutes of the match, and they were bound to break thru sometime

i feel really bad for the polish keeper. if he would have had some help from that leaky defense he could have had a draw. as it was he had a really good match, stopping 4 or 5 really good opportunities for germany

I'm going to miss this thread when it is no longer relevant...Everyone will likely graduate in to one of 2 threads: the "I Screwed Up Big Time and Will be Retaking in August Thread" for those whose misery loves company, and a more shortlived "Yay I Got a 30+ on the April MCAT!" thread for the people who need to vent their joy...I figure we only have about 144 hours left,90 of those I will be sleeping/intoxicated/very busy, leaving only 54 more hours of stress/worry/obsession...Perfect. +pity+

Members don't see this ad :)
STUCKinUCR said:
i feel bad for poland cuz they held on for like the last 20 minutes, but germany was attacking for the last like 25 minutes of the match, and they were bound to break thru sometime

i feel really bad for the polish keeper. if he would have had some help from that leaky defense he could have had a draw. as it was he had a really good match, stopping 4 or 5 really good opportunities for germany

I agree, Germany was the better team the whole game, especially when they were up one man, they were owning the Polish team. I just wanted to see Poland at least tie Germany.

Today was an awesome day for soccer, the Tunisian goal and the German goal in extra time were phenomenal. :laugh: We only have 6 days, I am getting giddy :p

BTW-the World Cup is a great way to STOP obsessing about the MCAT

Okay, so I know that 500+ messages have been posted on this topic but it's been hard for me to sort through the over 2,500 posts and find the answer to my question...

So, for all of the people that have e-mailed/called the AAMC, are the MCAT scores being posted online on the 20th, are they being mailed that day, or are we supposed to receive them in the mail by then? Is there a possibility that they will come out online before the 20th?

Also, for those who have taken the MCAT before, do they post scores at midnight the night before they are supposed to be available or are they posted in the evening (i.e. 8 pm on the 20th)?

Thanks!

DrVanNostran said:
I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad for Poland..... :(

.... that was so incredibly emotionally draining for me... playing with 1 man down for the last 25 minutes or so really threw the game out of whack, Poland couldn't move forward and relieve their defence with some of their own attacks anymore... Artur Boruc (the Polish goalie) is going to have a huge career ahead of him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up by one of the huge clubs this upcoming season. They played their hearts out, too bad they didn't play like this against Ecuador, then this lost wouldn't be so devastating. f*ck... Germany should stop robbing Polish talent too, Germany's two attacking stars are polish-born !!! Klose and Podolski, they also have Trochowski and Sinkiewicz on the bench, who are also Polish... I just hope the US has better luck against Italy, they really need a point this weekend

oumegan said:
Okay, so I know that 500+ messages have been posted on this topic but it's been hard for me to sort through the over 2,500 posts and find the answer to my question...

So, for all of the people that have e-mailed/called the AAMC, are the MCAT scores being posted online on the 20th, are they being mailed that day, or are we supposed to receive them in the mail by then? Is there a possibility that they will come out online before the 20th?

Also, for those who have taken the MCAT before, do they post scores at midnight the night before they are supposed to be available or are they posted in the evening (i.e. 8 pm on the 20th)?

Thanks!

The answer to your question is no one really knows when or how scores are coming out on the 20th. That is why there have been so many post of people arguing what they think.

They sometimes release the scores before on the evening of the date before and sometimes the evening of the date they announced.

oumegan said:

Thanks!

The scores are supposed to be posted online around the 20th, which could mean the night of the 19th up until the night of the 20th (of course they could be online anytime before that as well, but doubtful). The mailed, paper copy of the scores may be mailed this week and arrive before the online scores, though nobody has "officially" confirmed that.

I don't know about when they are posted, the times I took it before(1992 & 1994), the Internet didn't exist except in limited areas! :D

Has anyone called the MCAT people yet today? I wish they would start updating the THx with little messages.

ChymeChancellor said:
Has anyone called the MCAT people yet today? I wish they would start updating the THx with little messages.

The April scores have been posted, but they have been encrypted with a magic number. If you deserved the score you got, you should be able to decrypt it by June 20th. Have a good week! :D

LifetimeDoc said:
The April scores have been posted, but they have been encrypted with a magic number. If you deserved the score you got, you should be able to decrypt it by June 20th. Have a good week! :D

wow.. could that post have been more evil haha :eek: i read the first couple of words and almost died.

Members don't see this ad :)
premdAshley said:
Just curious......who else is married? How do your spouses handle the whole pre-med thing? Most of the pre-meds at my school are really young- I only know one other married girl.

Cheers to our husbands and wives for dealing with our mental anguish!!! :love:
By the way, I am about to have a glass of wine............
I am 25 and happily married to the beautiful lady who is demurely hiding her face in the avatar to the left. We will have our 4th anniversary June 26, in just under two weeks. Sssshhh, if she remembers she will weasel a huge gift promise out of me, not that she'll forget on the evening before the DAY. How does it feel when your brother-in-law's unfailing question, every time you meet, is "How soon will you become a doctor?", or, even worse, "So, you find out your (MCAT) scores yet?" And I have two brothers-in-law, so twice the angst. I swear I will have my fun someday...
Somebody congratulate me, I just now (as of 5:30) officially completed my AMCAS. Now I need money in the bank to add med schools to the app ($30 each), and I have exactly $208.80. Maybe I should wait until I see my scores to submit it. Hugs in advance to each of you who await Tuesday morning (me too) :love: :thumbup:

ChymeChancellor said:
To pass the time to the score release I suggest bumping up very old threads for fun. Just don't do it too much or QofQuimica will go Chuck Norris on you!
No more 2002 threads, Chyme! :mad: You're going to give half the people on this forum a heart attack. :smuggrin:

LifetimeDoc said:
Ahem...this thread is for obsessing about MCAT scores, not sports! :D :laugh:

Yeah but then again, just to play devil's advocate here... Those of us who are soccer fans have had to wait 4 YEARS for the World Cup... We've only (haha, only...) been waiting 50+ days for MCAT scores. Plus as someone else mentioned, the World Cup is a great distraction from thinking about the scores... I woulda gone loopy by now otherwise!

Anyway, the countdown is at 6 days. Today's almost over so that doesn't count, and weekends go by fast, and they could possibly come out the night of the 19th, so it's really only 2.5 days, tops! Ah, if only I could convince myself to believe my delusions...

Anastasis said:
Man - now people at WORK are asking me if my scores are in.

The first thing my father said to me this morning was "Have you checked yet?" - no, "Good morning sweetie. How did you sleep?" Oh no. I would have settled for him just grunting "Coffee" at me. But he had to ask about scores. :mad:
it's b/c your dad knows what it means and how important it is. my parents haven't asked me about it (and i haven't really brought it up). i'm hoping to give them a surprise call next tuesday evening saying, hey! i got a great score! :D

LifetimeDoc said:
maybe i will call robert langdon. i bet he could figure it out :D

I agree with several earlier posts about the sports chatter. It is a good way to distract ourselves and pass the time while waiting. HOWEVER, this thread is about the MCAT score countdown. Having all of the unrelated sports talk on this thread makes it difficult for many of us to keep up with news and MCAT-related commentary in this thread without having to read through a whole bunch of junk. Could whoever is interested in posting about sports please start a new thread such as "Topics to pass the time while counting down the MCAT score release", or "MCAT distraction sports chat". I know that I don't speak for everyone, but I would appreciate sticking on topic. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

zimmie256 said:
Yeah but then again, just to play devil's advocate here... Those of us who are soccer fans have had to wait 4 YEARS for the World Cup... We've only (haha, only...) been waiting 50+ days for MCAT scores. Plus as someone else mentioned, the World Cup is a great distraction from thinking about the scores... I woulda gone loopy by now otherwise!

Anyway, the countdown is at 6 days. Today's almost over so that doesn't count, and weekends go by fast, and they could possibly come out the night of the 19th, so it's really only 2.5 days, tops! Ah, if only I could convince myself to believe my delusions...
:laugh: :laugh: ;)

scentimint said:
it's b/c your dad knows what it means and how important it is. my parents haven't asked me about it (and i haven't really brought it up). i'm hoping to give them a surprise call next tuesday evening saying, hey! i got a great score! :D
Yeah, that's true.

You know, it's funny. He says he never studied for his MCAT and he's been asking all of his friends if they studied (my dad graduated in '64) - they all say they did. My dad, :laugh:, he got a good score with no studying and not really realizing the implications of the test. Hopefully I got those genes! :laugh:

Anastasis said:
Yeah, that's true.

You know, it's funny. He says he never studied for his MCAT and he's been asking all of his friends if they studied (my dad graduated in '64) - they all say they did. My dad, :laugh:, he got a good score with no studying and not really realizing the implications of the test. Hopefully I got those genes! :laugh:

The MCAT, I hear, was much different before the redesign of the test in 1991 (I took it for the first time in 1992). It was apparantly easier than it is today.

i thought i had a lot of people asking for my score,
my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, coworkers, and classmates.
like if that wasn't way tooooo much, i went to my where my mom works and at least 3 asked if i had the scores :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
pleasssse let the 20th be closer. :scared: :scared:

Haemulon : I agree with several earlier posts about the sports chatter. It is a good way to distract ourselves and pass the time while waiting. HOWEVER, this thread is about the MCAT score countdown. Having all of the unrelated sports talk on this thread makes it difficult for many of us to keep up with news and MCAT-related commentary in this thread without having to read through a whole bunch of junk. Could whoever is interested in posting about sports please start a new thread such as "Topics to pass the time while counting down the MCAT score release", or "MCAT distraction sports chat". I know that I don't speak for everyone, but I would appreciate sticking on topic. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

You're right. Q, can you please split into the offical April 2006 Countdown Distraction Thread? :)

so just thinkin...aamc would sure save themselves alot of email answering and phone calls if they would just make a little "status of mcat grading" webpage with updates and whatnot.

all i can say is thank god i have research to do. i never thought it would be this annoying to wait.

EddieIndy said:
You're right. Q, can you please split into the offical April 2006 Countdown Distraction Thread? :)
All right, here's what I am going to do. This thread is going to be for distractions, since it's already like that, and I don't want to go through all 2500+ posts. :smuggrin: I'm going to clean up the June 2006 scores thread, and we're going to use that one as a serious, info-only thread. Ok? So from now on, everyone hangs out in here for fun, and we use the June thread for serious announcements/posts. Can everyone live with that solution?

QofQuimica said:
All right, here's what I am going to do. This thread is going to be for distractions, since it's already like that, and I don't want to go through all 2500+ posts. :smuggrin: I'm going to clean up the June 2006 scores thread, and we're going to use that one as a serious, info-only thread. Ok? So from now on, everyone hangs out in here for fun, and we use the June thread for serious announcements/posts. Can everyone live with that solution?
Sounds great! Poland is out :) (Probably)

LifetimeDoc said:
I don't care, I was only joking when I said something about it (see also :D icon) :)
No worries. It was bothering several people, including one who PMd me. Ok, folks, it's done. The June 2006 thread is sparse for now, and should remain that way until scores come out next week. :)

QofQuimica said:
No worries. It was bothering several people, including one who PMd me. Ok, folks, it's done. The June 2006 thread is sparse for now, and should remain that way until scores come out next week. :)
sounds good for me! :D thanks Q

CubanDoc said:
i thought i had a lot of people asking for my score,
my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, coworkers, and classmates.
like if that wasn't way tooooo much, i went to my where my mom works and at least 3 asked if i had the scores :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
pleasssse let the 20th be closer. :scared: :scared:

i know man im at work and like 10 people asked me if i got my score n i tell them its on the 20th but they keep askin everyday

palidaddy said:
i know man im at work and like 10 people asked me if i got my score n i tell them its on the 20th but they keep askin everyday
I'm finding it hard to concetrate in school right now, not knowing my MCAT score. It's like this: what's the point of studying all of this material (histology, hemostasis, anatomy, physiology) if you don't actually get into medical school? You'll know a little bit about medicine, but you won't be able to practice and end up being bitter for having spent so much money that you can't afford to just "learn". It ends up being a few years taken off to take a luxury excursion through college again. The material is fascinating and interesting, but if you never get the chance to actually use it, what's the point? Just venting and caught in limbo until the scores come out. Ugh.

DrVanNostran said:
Now I can't sleep because I KNOW that the scores are out their in some safe or sitting in some big box.....this is so cruel lol. This week will be hell...I wish we had some secondaries to work on :)

Some schools actually have their secondaries online if you look for them. You just need to go to the website and log in with you AAMC ID or make a new one. The only ones I can remember having it are Hopkins and Yale, but I think I saw them at some other places.

palidaddy said:
word. it's damn annoying.

kemper said:
There must be a reason that the last couple of score releases occurred at night (maybe server issues). Also that last couple of releases occurred after approx. 57 days. If the MCAT folks are planning on releasing the scores at night again, and I think they will Monday night, then the next earliest date they could have released the scores would have been Thursday night because of the weekend and Thursday only gives them 55 days and that might pushing it just a bit. Just my thoughts
We will see :) :) :)

So, for all the other World Cup obsessed pre-meds, does anyone else think USA has a chance in soccer-hell to beat Italy on saturday?

I'm sure hopin! :scared:

scentimint said:
PS: the north end is my territory so if you need recommendations for any good places, let me know.

Man I got really excited about the ice cream thing but I looked it up and it was over the 7th. :( I was very dissapointed- except I think it was raining then so that makes me feel better.
Actually- my boyfriend is coming up in a few weeks and I want to take him to the North End for a romantic evening. What would you suggest for a midrange dinner and any ideas for afterwards (haha except for the obvious... ;) )

only a miracle will make this happen. Italy and USA are in different leagues when it comes to soccer.

scentimint said:
do you ever go to ana's taqueria? i think they're pretty good...and super cheap!

MMMM... ana's taqueria. I loved having one on campus when I was at MIT last summer. We need those in the midwest.

JulietsMonster said:
So for yall in Boston... what must I do in the 2 months that Im here?

If you like Italian, make sure you go to the North End and eat at one of the tiny little restuarants. Also, hit up Mike's Pastry shop. Very yummy!

For sightseeing, definitely do the Freedom Trail. I believe it begins in Boston Commons and you might be able to pick up a brochure or something there (that's just a guess, but I'd think there would be some information on it). It's a long day if you do it at once though.

JulietsMonster said:
Thats what Im trying to do I suppose. My aunt and i are going to Salem on Friday. Its just difficult to get out when one does not have a car. Im also hoping to go to NYC for the weekend. I just wish I had a car so I could take off on my own!!!!
PS- Arent you glad it stopped raining!!! :D

Salem's easy to get to by the commuter rail. I remember that I went to North Station (off the green line) and then there were trains out there.

shantster said:
Some schools actually have their secondaries online if you look for them. You just need to go to the website and log in with you AAMC ID or make a new one. The only ones I can remember having it are Hopkins and Yale, but I think I saw them at some other places.

Thanks:) I found a Tulane, Howard, and EVMS just the other day.

I don't have a shot in hell at schools like JHU or Yale....I would just give them a good chuckle :laugh:

infiniti said:
only a miracle will make this happen. Italy and USA are in different leagues when it comes to soccer.

I hope that US pulls through on Saturday with a victory...but the chances of beating Italy are just as good as me getting a 33+ (that means the US will lose).

The US has a good chance if they can stop having sloppy play, they tend to let the opposition control the tempo for the most part. I think they were just rusty, but Italy is a powerhouse of a team. We will see. Definitely hope they can pull through.

DrCurious said:
The US has a good chance if they can stop having sloppy play, they tend to let the opposition control the tempo for the most part. I think they were just rusty, but Italy is a powerhouse of a team. We will see. Definitely hope they can pull through.

Yeah I hope the US can pull off a better performance on Saturday, cuz let's be honest, they're gonna have to if they want to advance. I felt like in their first game they were very lethargic and weren't really making plays, just very reactionary soccer... Anyway, we all know they're capable of better, let's just hope they show it against Italy!

palidaddy said:

Lol! Glad to know I'm not the only one. I regret mentioning that the rumors were the MCAT was coming out on the 7th. Every time I try to forget about the scores, someone will come up and ask me what did I get.