2010-2011 Wright State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't get much love, do you, Wright State?

Hi, WSUBSOM!

Has anyone received a secondary yet? :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet! I am waiting for this one to come soon...really hopeful, love the area

If it's like last year's secondary, it's just entering your course work to show you have met their course work requirements. No essay.

Has anyone out there received a secondary yet? According to last year's thread they had started to be sent out by this point.

Has anyone out there received a secondary yet? According to last year's thread they had started to be sent out by this point.

in state and nothing yet for me.

Sorry if I sound antsy - it's only because I am :p

... has anyone received anything from this school yet? I emailed the adcom with a question about a month ago and it took them almost two weeks to get back to me - I'm wondering if they're just backlogged with a bunch of stuff. Last years was out by 7/16 and I'm just being impatient. :thumbdown:

wahoo! got this one at midnight last night (strange time, WSU!) - submitted just now. nice and easy - only a $50 fee!

:luck:

Same here! I just submitted :) Very easy secondary, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really, only one place to list the employer? I had at least three...

Yeah, that's what the FAQs said. I just don't like there being a discrepency between the numbers of hours I actually worked in all and what my employer might say I worked if they call to check up. But I guess they'll figure it out. :)

I didn't work during the year, I am sure this looks bad. BUT, I did work full time during the summers. I should proabably just put thought even though its in my amcas

having alot of trouble entering course information. Anyone else had issues with this?

Just got my secondary last night, too. If people don't mind me asking. What are some of your stats? GPA and MCAT?

anyone know how competitive it is for OOS applicants?

having alot of trouble entering course information. Anyone else had issues with this?

Yes, I'm having a really hard time. The courses I enter won't show up unless I close the browser and login again-and even then only some will show up. I tried 3 different browsers.....very frustrated, I'll try again tomorrow, if it doesn't work I'm going to call.

Yes, I'm having a really hard time. The courses I enter won't show up unless I close the browser and login again-and even then only some will show up. I tried 3 different browsers.....very frustrated, I'll try again tomorrow, if it doesn't work I'm going to call.

Not to be dumb, but have you tried just refreshing the browser? As I recall, what I had to do was enter the course, push the save or submit button, then push the close button on the dialogue box. Then refresh the page for the course to show up.

Not to be dumb, but have you tried just refreshing the browser? As I recall, what I had to do was enter the course, push the save or submit button, then push the close button on the dialogue box. Then refresh the page for the course to show up.

Yea but every time I refresh it will say "error on page" in the bottom left rather than "done" (on both the entry window and the main window). I ended up being able to submit it but it took a lot longer than it should have.

Hey, I haven't got the secondary yet! Is this normal or should I call?

Hey, has anyone gotten an email or a status update about the completion of your application? I called them to see if I was complete after submitting my app online and all I got was "When AMCAS notifies you that your letters have been sent to us, your application is complete." However, I'm pretty sure AMCAS doesn't tell you when they send off your letters after assigning them to a school. Ahh.. am I the only one?

Hey, has anyone gotten an email or a status update about the completion of your application? I called them to see if I was complete after submitting my app online and all I got was "When AMCAS notifies you that your letters have been sent to us, your application is complete." However, I'm pretty sure AMCAS doesn't tell you when they send off your letters after assigning them to a school. Ahh.. am I the only one?

Hmm, that's an awkward and somewhat evasive response.

I know AMCAS sends emails when your letters are received by their system, and once they're received by AMCAS, schools have the ability to download them at their convenience. So, if your letters are all showing as "received" in AMCAS, I think that means you're complete. But there's no way to know if WSU has actually started processing apps yet. More of the waiting game - the essence of this application experience (arghhh!).

I do, however, know that they are lenient with their letter requirement - I emailed a month or so ago asking if my letters were sufficient and they said yes. So, that's something anyway.

They started handing out interview invites in mid-August last year. Crossing my fingers like you wouldn't believe! :scared:

I got this email today:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. There was a problem with the submission of your secondary application. Payment was received but the program did not recognize the payment and it was not submitted. This has been corrected and you may now go back into the secondary application and submit your application. If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

So... they took my money but didn't acknowledge it, so I have to do more work? Annoying. :mad:

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread. Does anybody know, from past experience, when Wright State tends to start sending out interview invites/ acceptance?

Also, for those of you who were accepted to Wright State, and live in Ohio, what were some of your figures?

Thank you!

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread. Does anybody know, from past experience, when Wright State tends to start sending out interview invites/ acceptance?

Also, for those of you who were accepted to Wright State, and live in Ohio, what were some of your figures?

Thank you!

Last year (at least on SDN) they started inviting ppl for interviews on 8/17. So, really, any day now. Biting my nails as we speak. ;)

To some of the posters above who may be still wondering about completion status, the secondary instructions state that WSSOM will not notify us by email of their receipt of our secondaries. It's our responsibility to log back in the system and make sure that the secondary "submitted properly." We should've all received an automated payment confirmation email after making the payment.

I'm from Oregon and have no ties to Ohio but would be excited to move out of state to any decent school. It seems from previous year's thread that many applicants and subsequent matriculants were very excited about this school. Here's hoping I get the opportunity to see for myself what the fuss was all about. Plus I guess Radio Rounds makes me feel like I'm already familiar with the school. I always remember that episode when they interview that girl Casey who had cancer and she was very appreciative of the outpouring of support from fellow classmates that she got. It seems to me they are quite a close-knit group which should make going through the gruelling journey that is medical school so much more bearable.

Enough with the rambling. Hope I get an interview here:p

still waiting for my AMCAS application to be verified... :(..hopefully then I'll receive a secondary :xf::luck:

Does Wright State accept Fee waiver for Secondary? :confused:

Last year (at least on SDN) they started inviting ppl for interviews on 8/17. So, really, any day now. Biting my nails as we speak. ;)

I know interview invites have gone out to EDP applicants for September....the others should be coming soon!

Hey guys. Just got an interview invite by email, but I still have to call and schedule it. So I'm sure you'll starting getting yours soon!!

Also, I'm not EDP.

Hey guys. Just got an interview invite by email, but I still have to call and schedule it. So I'm sure you'll starting getting yours soon!!

Also, I'm not EDP.

When were you complete?

Hey all! I was complete 7/24 and I just got an interview invite by email this morning - SOO EXCITED!!!
:highfive:

I had to call and schedule, and I made the rather rash decision of schedule for... next Wednesday (9/1) - need to go buy a suit and get prepared!! I'm just so pumped!! My first interview invite!

When were you complete?

I was complete July 24th also. I think this was the same day they sent the first secondaries out.

Also, I'm in-state and my stats are cGPA 3.87, sGPA 3.77, and 30 MCAT.

I got an interview invite this morning too! URM and OOS

Congratulations guys, that's exciting!!!!! I'm semi-hoping for an invite too once I get home to check email. Silly work blocks my email but not SDN :)

Complete end of july, no word though :(.

got the interview invite on thursday as well. IS. what days did u guys choose? they had sept. 1, 7, 8, and 14 open and the 14th worked best with my schedule.

to those with invites...anyone feel like sharing their stats? CONGRATS:)...hope to join you soon:xf:

did anyone get a confirmation email yet?

did anyone get a confirmation email yet?

I got my confirmation email the day I scheduled (last Thurs). Then again, I scheduled for the first available date (tomorrow) - so that might have been why the turn around was so fast. They said something about 'a few days before your interview you'll receive more information,' so it's probably dependent on your interview date.

Also, it looked like in last year's thread they told the interviewees who exactly they were interviewing with. I didn't get this info this year though, which is kinda disappointing. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

I got my confirmation email the day I scheduled (last Thurs). Then again, I scheduled for the first available date (tomorrow) - so that might have been why the turn around was so fast. They said something about 'a few days before your interview you'll receive more information,' so it's probably dependent on your interview date.

Also, it looked like in last year's thread they told the interviewees who exactly they were interviewing with. I didn't get this info this year though, which is kinda disappointing. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

i know they still have 2 one on one interviews. it can be be with someone from admissions or faculty. i wonder if they are open or closed file? good luck tomorrow glasshalfMD!! i guess we'll learn more about everything after your interview. :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.