2022-2023 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have to understand that Penn State takes their applicants seriously. This isn't a mill like UVA where they throw you out for bad scores or for breathing wrong, and this isn't like Drexel where they have 10 million applicants and poor organization. As a reference, I interviewed last year at Drexel early February and didn't hear back until late May and early June - and I was an immediate acceptance (no WL there).

I personally can attest that there is a panel - of majority physicians- who sit and deliberate on each and every one of you - carefully, thoroughly, and intentionally. I know several of them - they care a lot. To even get an interview you have to be individually presented to the committee and defended by a committee member. I know this because I shadowed the man who presented me and defended me to the committee.

They care a lot which is why the process takes a while. There's no definitive answers because the committee doesn't operate on one formula like a lot of other schools.

I know it's really frustrating, but take heart and hope!

I'm just an incoming student here but I can actually attest to the committee member defending you! Mine reached out to me via email and told me they were the one who presented me to the committee! They were super nice and just that interaction told me that a lot of the school's faculty must be the same :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
this makes me feel better!! thank you for explaining what can otherwise be a long process

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on 2/15, and put on hold on 4/27. Are there still chances of movement? Does anyone know the number of accepted people on GroupMe or something?

Reactions: 1 user
It is just hard to move on without having a final answer. Also put on waitlist 4/27 and really wanting to know my whole life is kind of on hold. Even if accepted, not sure how I will even have time to relocate very far on a short notice or even find housing. I am already working full time thru the end of June and have to put my July schedule soon the next few days.

I totally understand it takes time to thoroughly review all applicants and that how the process is, it is just that I hope we have more information on what to expect and when or know our approximate place on the waitlist if we are the bottom or the top. Or if we can even know if the class is full or not. But nothing we can do anyways, it is just the process.

Is there usually more movement after the CTE deadline?
Probably not a lot of movement but likely a few who got into their top choices will drop/remove themselves from the WL and they’ll fill the class w/ the remaining ppl on the WL.

It is just hard to move on without having a final answer. Also put on waitlist 4/27 and really wanting to know my whole life is kind of on hold. Even if accepted, not sure how I will even have time to relocate very far on a short notice or even find housing. I am already working full time thru the end of June and have to put my July schedule soon the next few days.

I totally understand it takes time to thoroughly review all applicants and that how the process is, it is just that I hope we have more information on what to expect and when or know our approximate place on the waitlist if we are the bottom or the top. Or if we can even know if the class is full or not. But nothing we can do anyways, it is just the process.
totally feel this, cannot plan any of my life until i get all the final Rs

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
the silence is so loud </3 if an accepted student who is in the groupme would let us know the size of the group that would be great

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if the housing WL started to move? I didn't think finding a place to live would be this hard lol

like out of 150?

Are they really that behind with the waitlists?

I'm not sure if everyone joins the groupme so I don't think the chat is really indicative of where the class size is at

They take letters of intent after April 30 as long as they do not contain any updates at all. I sent mine in early May after I verified with them. Good luck to you and everyone waiting!
Does anyone recommend sending an additional letter of intent to the same school (PSCOM) to convey continued interest/ intent? Or is that overkill? I already sent one in early May but considering sending another to keep my application active.

Does anyone recommend sending an additional letter of intent to the same school (PSCOM) to convey continued interest/ intent? Or is that overkill? I already sent one in early May but considering sending another to keep my application active.
I also sent my intent letter early May and plan to send just a very short email (not a full letter) showing that I am still very interested in a position if available. One of the physicians I work with and another medical student recommended that as well. If it’s been like a month I personally think it won’t hurt sending a very short email. At least you emphasize you are still here and interested. I do not know if anyone here has a different opinion but would love to hear.

Was wondering if anyone has any new updates on if more people have gotten in from the waitlist recently?

People are definitely getting off the waitlist. The Facebook group is steadily growing. I’m sure some of them are due to upperclassmen and staff though. Wishful thinking fellow WL’er 😊

People are definitely getting off the waitlist. The Facebook group is steadily growing. I’m sure some of them are due to upperclassmen and staff though. Wishful thinking fellow WL’er 😊
Real talk though: there were like 20 odd upperclassmen joining the 2027 groupme. I've seen no new students join. I would say the groupme is missing somewhere in the realm of 20-30 new students - maybe those who missed the link or haven't been accepted yet.

The FB group is very much the same, I have been approving my classmate (M2s) to join left and right. I don't see many new students coming in.

Reactions: 7 users
So okay to send another letter of intent/ interst? i sent one in may

kinda surprised by how little movement is going on i know not everything is reported here but even on FB group trends

I was accepted off the waitlist today!! Reapplicant, waitlisted last time as well, sent a letter of intent on May 11 but have no idea if it had any effect. My first MD acceptance :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Lord I see what you are doing for others!!!

Congrats to all who accepted. do you know how many are on the facebook page now? I hope they send rejections soon so i can plan the rest of my year in peace lol