2022-2023 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all who accepted. do you know how many are on the facebook page now? I hope they send rejections soon so i can plan the rest of my year in peace lol
I hope so too. Do they usually send rejections then? I was thinking we just hear nothing and we assume

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted off the waitlist today!! Reapplicant, waitlisted last time as well, sent a letter of intent on May 11 but have no idea if it had any effect. My first MD acceptance :)

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing when you were put on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so too. Do they usually send rejections then? I was thinking we just hear nothing and we assume

When I called they said theoretically we can get off the WL till like first day of orientation so no, I don’t think we will get rejections. Ii think you just never hear back.

Reactions: 1 user
based on old threads it appears people get post-II rejections in the middle of July like a weekish after orientation started. If I don’t hear anything 2-3 days after the CTE date, I’ll just assume it’s over for the cycle. I’m starting on my re-app as we speak. Crossing my fingers for us all!

based on old threads it appears people get post-II rejections in the middle of July like a weekish after orientation started. If I don’t hear anything 2-3 days after the CTE date, I’ll just assume it’s over for the cycle. I’m starting on my re-app as we speak. Crossing my fingers for us all!
That is a good way to plan it I was not thinking of the CTE deadline. I am also working on my new application to submit by the end of next week. Good luck to all of us here!

When I emailed to ask if the waitlist is still active last week they mentioned they are still reviewing and accepting on a rolling basis so I am not sure if this means those who interviewed earlier are considered first. But anyways no way to know for sure how they review their waitlist

I’m considering sending another LOI but am just worried because their hold email was relatively discouraging of contact

Reactions: 1 users
I’m considering sending another LOI but am just worried because their hold email was relatively discouraging of contact
yeah i emailed for feedback and they were kinda stern and just said we wish you luck. i.e they are still deblierating?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i emailed for feedback and they were kinda stern and just said we wish you luck. i.e they are still deblierating?
Someone from admissions emailed me back at 2 am a while ago saying we will email you a decision aka I know y’all are calling for acceptances soft r I guess

Last edited:
it’s weird that they told you that you’ll get an emailed decision when people have gotten off the waitlist notified via phone call afterwards no? so they’ve already decided who they’re keeping? i dunno

it’s weird that they told you that you’ll get an emailed decision when people have gotten off the waitlist notified via phone call afterwards no? so they’ve already decided who they’re keeping? i dunno
who knows possibly internally ranked the top people to get off the waitlist or most admin of the admissions office don't actually work with adcom so idk

I finally moved on and submitted my new AMCAS yesterday. It is still not officially over until I get my final rejection or classes start but it is too much stress holding on a tiny hope. I even scheduled all my appts and planned my job and activities as if I were rejected. I would have loved to be a medical student here at Penn State but I am satisfied with how far I have come.

It's been a rough cycle but here coming to a new one and new hopes. Good luck to all of you here and I hope you get into your top choice med school and finally the dream of starting med school happens with that acceptance! Wishing you the best regardless of where this wild journey takes you!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
yeah, I'm also about to submit my AMCAS application. Them still deliberating is kinda absurd ---gave me anxiety about the future but whatever at this point. I'm just gonna pretend i didn't get in and work on my secondaries for the next month ---last go at this thing so hope it works out. Good luck to you all

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
To those down in the dumps about the WL, find solace in knowing that a WL means we’re what they’re looking for if they had more seats to offer. If one school tends the hook (Penn state in this case) on this cycle, then there’s one that will have to bite with a strengthened app next time around. Apply broadly and show why you deserve to be in medical school!
I wanted to take myself off the WL and commit to another school but I thought why not just give it until the the commit date. There’s still time!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew from WL. Good luck to all those still in the running!

Reactions: 3 users
Is class size 151? FB group has 214 members (I know many are upperclass-people.) I am guessing that the class is full (and beyond?!)

Is class size 151? FB group has 214 members (I know many are upperclass-people.) I am guessing that the class is full (and beyond?!)
I would say it's pretty full by this point, haven't seen anyone new in a while