1 week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I'm late to the party...

Members don't see this ad.

The WORST. I thought last year was bad but the stakes only get higher each year.
Did you get interviews last year? Last year I didn't get any so Dec 1st is an entirely new holiday for me. And my B-Day is the 5th and I actually forgot about that haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get interviews last year? Last year I didn't get any so Dec 1st is an entirely new holiday for me. And my B-Day is the 5th and I actually forgot about that haha
Yep I had applied as a Junior in college so I only applied to two schools. I had one Pre-Dec and one Post-Dec. The night before is miserable, I hardly slept.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep I had applied as a Junior in college so I only applied to two schools. I had one Pre-Dec and one Post-Dec. The night before is miserable, I hardly slept.
Boy, I did not sleep at all last year the night of acceptances

still throwing a project X party December 1st

still throwing a project X party December 1st
Unless you don't get accepted. Jk, I feel really bad saying that I know your anxiety is killing you as is I won't add to it. I'll be at that party if one of these schools feels pity for me on December first

Have you guys been thinking about what you would say if/when a school called you on December 1 to notify you of acceptance? I'm trying to practice a little bit so I don't start immediately crying on the phone lol

Reactions: 11 users
It feels so much better to see that I am not the only one involved in this brutal "waiting game".
Good luck my friends, we'll celebrate the victory at the end.

Reactions: 2 users
Have you guys been thinking about what you would say if/when a school called you on December 1 to notify you of acceptance? I'm trying to practice a little bit so I don't start immediately crying on the phone lol
Yeah I always wondered if it'd be okay to say 'holy ****' because That will more than likely be my response. It's my response to everything.. Mom - "I got more chips!" Me- "holy ****" or mom- "I didn't get more chips.." Me "holy ****.." Teacher "you have 8 weeks to turn in the paper" me "holy ****".. It's literally a response I've designed for any statement thrown at me by surprise

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah I always wondered if it'd be okay to say 'holy ****' because That will more than likely be my response. It's my response to everything.. Mom - "I got more chips!" Me- "holy ****" or mom- "I didn't get more chips.." Me "holy ****.." Teacher "you have 8 weeks to turn in the paper" me "holy ****".. It's literally a response I've designed for any statement thrown at me by surprise
:laugh:
Holy ****. I didn't even think about that I'd have to watch my mouth. I definitely say that a lot, too. Though the deans of each school have probably heard weirder stuff on these calls

Members don't see this ad :)
When a school finally calls
giphy.gif

I'll probably stay up all night in anticipation, fall asleep at 7am like a fool, and then act annoyed in a half-asleep stupor if I receive a call. #lifechoices

Reactions: 8 users
hopefully none of us make this face Dec 1st
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
I'll probably stay up all night in anticipation, fall asleep at 7am like a fool, and then act annoyed in a half-asleep stupor if I receive a call. #lifechoices
I did this last year without any remorse

tumblr_lwmi2hnLu11r0tml9o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Why is Stewie stressing..? Doesn't he smoke weed? Lmao
Hmm... I didn't watch this episode but I'm guessing it's the one where he applies to dental school and he finds out that the stress that comes with waiting for Dec 1st is resistant to any and all kinds of stress relief ;) :(

I had a dream last night where all of my teeth got replaced by corn and every dental school I applied to rejected me because of it. This is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: 8 users
I had a dream last night where all of my teeth got replaced by corn and every dental school I applied to rejected me because of it. This is getting ridiculous.
I keep having a dream that my teeth fall out!!

Iowa would probably still take you

Reactions: 10 users
I've been watching a lot of cooking show, so the whole dental dream is not a big deal apparently. I keep dreaming about making foos. I guess that's better

I'm halfway worried that I WILL get accepted on Dec 1st. After taking the DAT this summer I got so damn lazy... If I actually get in on Dec 1st, I might completely forget how to read and write. My life is gonna go into a huge downward spiral of netflix, playstation, and snowboarding.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm halfway worried that I WILL get accepted on Dec 1st. After taking the DAT this summer I got so damn lazy... If I actually get in on Dec 1st, I might completely forget how to read and write. My life is gonna go into a huge downward spiral of netflix, playstation, and snowboarding.
I thought I was the only one...

I thought I was the only one...
Definitely not. My friend crushed the DAT this summer and now he barely even comes to class. All about that B-
images

Reactions: 6 users
So I am done for the semester except for one final that I have to wait 3 weeks to take (yay research and online classes and being a senior and optional finals) and so the waiting has gotten rough over the past few days. If you are just sitting around counting down the hours til Dec 1, I cannot recommend agar.io enough. It is my current favorite time waster, very fun but very frustrating.

http://agar.io/

dec 1st
come already

mfw i'm looking at the calendar
OLvk88I.gif

Reactions: 5 users
If schools that haven't yet contacted you for an interview, will the status still be "under review" on AADSAS on dec1?

So I am done for the semester except for one final that I have to wait 3 weeks to take (yay research and online classes and being a senior and optional finals) and so the waiting has gotten rough over the past few days. If you are just sitting around counting down the hours til Dec 1, I cannot recommend agar.io enough. It is my current favorite time waster, very fun but very frustrating.

I just spent over half an hour playing that game ... So addicting (and so nerdy )! Thanks for the recommendation!

Good luck all! Especially to future UoP students- Welcome to the Dugoni Family.

OMG... These days just cannot pass any slower. I can imagine those who have already been accepted are just Chillin one leg over the other in the Bahamas somewhere not worried about finals or life in general

Yup.. still awake....

For now I'm focused on the black Friday deals. After that ill get back to worrying lol
Haha, I think I may have spent all my money by dental school stress-induced black friday shopping :D oops?

omg this game is quite amazing! I suck at it but still...

I've taken myself onto bigger and better games for time consuming. I've been on black ops since Thursday this can't be healthy

I recommend everyone to watch How to get away with murder.

Reactions: 4 users
I recommend everyone to watch How to get away with murder.
Ive seen it!! I watched whole season in two days lol but i love it!!! So addictive

1 day. By this time tomorrow this board will be mess

I've been sleeping just fine and reading about everyone's sleepless nights. It finally hit me last night, I dreamt I had no acceptances and I was just checking over and over. My wife was like "WTF I thought you were going to get into school and we were gonna move". And then all these other random weird stress dreams. Maybe it was the NyQuil..... Gonna be a long day at work. Crush the gym this evening, watch some football and try to force myself to sleep... But really just check SDN constantly..

Omg. When u wake up randomly just to check your email and SDN then go back to sleep. This cycle is all too stressful this cannot be healthy I'm gonna sue adea and say it caused me ptsd

Reactions: 3 users