13 Democrat Congressional reps pushing student loan forgiveness owe about $1,500,000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What? In that case everyone is a millionaire. Any exceptions to that do not change it.

Maybe I am tired and am missing some larger point here.

The point is I can go to college, but since I already paid my loans so I can't get any loan forgiveness.

Someone else who can go to college, who did not pay their loans, can get student loan forgiveness.

Members don't see this ad.

The point is I can go to college, but since I already paid my loans so I can't get any loan forgiveness.

Someone else who can go to college, who did not pay their loans, can get student loan forgiveness.
You considered going to engineering school? I feel like I get in this kind of argument with engineers a lot. The nice thing about unsubsidized student loans: they’ll give them to anyone, even if you don’t need the money.

Once again I’m asking myself: Why are there only old white men and no students on this forum?
I am an emigrant, don't consider myself as Anglo-Saxon White, sorta off-white or beige! But definitely OLD.
Now, do you really want to hear from a student, that has chosen to take on this profession in this date and time, despite ALL the red flags? I seriously question their critical thinking and intelligence at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
“How is that fair?”

Is it “fair” that education used to be cheap enough to afford with a summer job? What part of life is “fair”? Should we continue to perpetuate a broken system because it would be “unfair” to fix it? Do two wrongs make a right?
Just the concept of "fair ness" in these times makes me laugh! Where in this society is this fairness ever practiced. Nothing is fair. I paid off my student loans. I paid the college tuitions for both my sons. It wasn't easy. I don't expect a hand out or retroactive reimbursements. I also don't care who gets their loans forgiven and for what amount. Life isn't fair, get over it.

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t knock it. It’s like those republicans that pretend to be like, normal country, salt of the earth folks (like, they wear jeans and cowboy boots in campaign ads), but really they’re 1%ers deep inside their heart of hearts.

Both sides are like this.

And hey, technically, if you own a mutual fund or ETF, you don’t own stocks! Hah! Your proportional voting shares are held by the brokerage anyway. That’s a convenient political answer for the hoi polloi.
I aspire to be rich enough one day to be a liberal

Reactions: 1 user