This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConfusingName

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, congrats on your interview invites. I had a similar application to yours last cycle (albeit with slightly lower stats) and I also got waitlisted at an in-state school with a very high IS post-interview acceptance. At the time it shattered my confidence about interviewing, so I feel your pain. But I got in eventually, and with 9 interviews it’s hard to imagine that you won’t get in somewhere.

Today might not be your day, but your day will come.

When you’re in medical school nobody will care whether you had 9 acceptances or one WL that you got off of the week before school started.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Well, if you have 9 interviews it is very likely that at least one school will make you an offer. If a T100 school waitlisted you, it may be because they didn't want to "waste" an offer on someone who is likely to choose a T10 school if one of them comes knocking (which seems likely). If you do not get any offers after 9 interviews, you should take a very deep look at the way you come across in interviews and what it is about your delivery that might be holding you back. You need not do that unless you are offer-less on February 13th (LizzyM's Mardi Gras rule). Until then, just chill and be grateful for all the love your application has garnered.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest this post kind of comes across as a humble brag lol, I suspect you’re aware of the whole yield protection thing esp. if you received several T10 invites

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
What's your mission fit? Whether you get an A or stay on a WL depends on this.

Let us know if you wind up with 9 WLs and no As by March when CYMS season and waitlisted movement begin.

Reactions: 1 user
To be honest this post kind of comes across as a humble brag lol, I suspect you’re aware of the whole yield protection thing esp. if you received several T10 invites
Apologies, I did not mean for it to come across as a humble brag :(. I put the rankings because I thought it would give insight into the difficulty of getting into a school. I am aware of the concept of yield protection, but many said that once you get a II, that you shouldn’t get yield protected. I’m not sure how true that is, but I did think that the school wouldn’t waste resources interviewing me if they were just gonna default to yield protection. It really discouraged me to see that the school I vibed with the most and had the highest post II acceptance rate would waitlist me. Therefore, I automatically defaulted to thinking if it was a me issue, maybe with my interviewing skills. Ultimately, I’m happy to get into any medical school!

Reactions: 1 users
Last edited:
This is going to be purposely kind of vague, but due to my personal background, I have a strong passion for working with disadvantaged communities, so outreach and advocacy is a huge factor for me. I also would love to continue heavily with research.
Since t don't have a WAMC from you, I suspect your metrics and experience are strong to get that many IIs. The details you aren't disclosing here do matter, and your described passion doesn't show a specific mission fit for an early offer as far as you have told us. The above feedback gives a plausible explanation. Again, great job with your list, and what you have a very solid result!

So trust the process. As I said, if you are sitting on 9 waitlists in March, let us know.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
IMG_3914.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users