2008-2009 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewed: 10/29

Accepted: 11/18

:)

did your app status change before you found out?

i interviewed 10/27 and i havent heard anything, nor has my status changed

maybe its alphabetical? my last name starts with an S

Members don't see this ad :)
They still haven't gotten back to you? Can you call them (again [and again (and again)])? :(

I shall call them on Tuesday 11/25 because it will be 7 weeks...

interviewed 11/12.

faculty interviewer: "you'll be successful no matter where you go."

result: committee hold alternate list 11/21 (email) ..lol

sorry to hear that, its been almost 7 weeks since my interview but today my status page has changed to decision made...

(10/6 interview ) ----> (11/21 high priority alternate)

my status page never changed...o well i guess i just gotta hope and pray :rolleyes:. This school is my only chance to be a doctor unless i go through the whole process again :scared:

interviewed 11/12.

faculty interviewer: "you'll be successful no matter where you go."

result: committee hold alternate list 11/21 (email) ..lol

Haha. I interviewed in mid-September.

Faculty interviewer: "You'll make an excellent clinician. Great things lay ahead for you. Email me next year and tell me which amazing school you end up at."

Result: Committee hold.

:laugh:

Okay so a decision has been made on my file, but when I called them, they said that the letter has been mailed last week after 7 years..., and I should be receiving it this week:eek:... I remember they said that they send letters to people who get rejected:scared:... I thought the interview went well...:(:(:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so a decision has been made on my file, but when I called them, they said that the letter has been mailed last week after 7 years..., and I should be receiving it this week:eek:... I remember they said that they send letters to people who get rejected:scared:... I thought the interview went well...:(:(:(

I wouldn't read too much into that statement, after all that letter could contain your admissions package! i called friday after my status turned to decision made, and they told me someone would contact me this week, which was subsequently revised to "you will be contacted in some form this week."

Anyone else interviewed at Upstate yesterday? Just curious if I can place faces to the names I see all the time here, lol.

I really liked the school even though my faculty interviewer didn't show up and an admissions officer interviewed me in his place. Overall, I am remaining cautiously optimistic about my chances here (fingers crossed).

Finally... God, I got my acceptance packet... after 7.5 years...:eek:

Considering how long they took to make my decision, I am gonna hold onto this until 11:59 on May 14th, out of spite :smuggrin:

Considering how long they took to make my decision, I am gonna hold onto this until 11:59 on May 14th, out of spite :smuggrin:

Dingdingdingding!!! You win!:thumbup::laugh:

Yeah, except that the people most affected by that would be those on the waitlist.

Congrats on the acceptance.

Dingdingdingding!!! You win!:thumbup::laugh:

Yeah, except that the people most affected by that would be those on the waitlist.

Congrats on the acceptance.

Thanks... and Sirius, you are right... oh... but still I guess I will deal with my frustrations in a more healthy way that is better karmically... Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, and the bidding starts at $5000 for my spot.... I need some way to pay off my application fees;)

Congratulations! Did you get a phone call prior to receiving the package?

i'll take it with or without the call lol, is it a thick letter or a thin one that has you guessing?

Big fat packet. It was really nice. I have not been able to read it as I have guests over...

8 weeks post-interview and i still haven't heard anything... anybody else waiting this long?

so after waiting for weeks, i called yesterday and was told that a letter would be sent out by the end of the week. based upon that, i assumed it would either be an acceptance or a rejection, but no, they toss me a curveball and today i get the email for the hold by committee alternate list.

Interviewed on 11/5, and haven't heard back yet... Anyone from that interview date hear yet? I'm going to call tomorrow.

I interviewed mid-November and was told we would hear in 3-4 weeks. It seems they have been pretty slow. Anyone actually hear back recently in that time frame?

I called yesterday (Friday). The guy was very nice, told me the committee had not reviewed me yet. He said 1) They would definitely review prior to Christmas, and 2) There are 2 adcom sessions upcoming: 12/10 and 12/17. So personally, I know I will be in one of those two sessions. I would presume if you interviewed in November and haven't heard yet, you probably will be as well.

So is the consensus here that a pre-interview hold = rejection? Or is there some hope?

i think A FEW people get interview invite after hold, but i think most = reject, so i guess prepare yourself

I called yesterday (Friday). The guy was very nice, told me the committee had not reviewed me yet. He said 1) They would definitely review prior to Christmas, and 2) There are 2 adcom sessions upcoming: 12/10 and 12/17. So personally, I know I will be in one of those two sessions. I would presume if you interviewed in November and haven't heard yet, you probably will be as well.

Thank you so much for this info! Its nice to know some dates.

Hey everyone!

So, I just got the pre-interview HOLD email last week from Upstate, but I was complete at the very end of July. Is anyone else in the same boat where it took them forever to review your application?

Thanks for the info! Does anyone know whether they'll definitely call you if you're accepted? That's what they told us but I saw that someone was notified by mail.

I am now thinking maybe they had called people who were accepted earlier in the application cycle. Perhaps, now they send them thru snail mail.

Okay, I've been lurking for a while now. But I must come out .... did anyone see the NYT article today about University Hospital???
"Mistakes happen even at good hospitals, of course. But evidence shows that University, which is owned by the State University of New York system, is not a good hospital."

Yikes! Check out the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/08/business/08hospital.html?_r=2&hp

I received a phone call today and was accepted to Upstate! I am so freaking excited. It is weird though that it doesn't correlate to the dates someone else here was told. Anyway, interview was Nov 18 for your info.

Interview 9/8
HP Waitlist ~10/17
Acceptance 12/8 (via phone call)

Gotta love that in-state tuition!

My bad, I guess they are still calling people.

I got a call today that I was accepted off the HPA list. Definitely going to be attending. I'm so psyched.

That's cool that they're going to the HPA list!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! That's awesome! Great way to celebrate the holidays! :) I interviewed on November 18th but haven't gone to committee yet. I'm hoping that it'll be this week for me. Cheers!

I received a phone call today and was accepted to Upstate! I am so freaking excited. It is weird though that it doesn't correlate to the dates someone else here was told. Anyway, interview was Nov 18 for your info.

Congratulations!! I don't understand either but I remember them saying that some of us who interviewed on 11/18 would be reviewed the week of November 30th. You got lucky!!

Okay, I've been lurking for a while now. But I must come out .... did anyone see the NYT article today about University Hospital???
"Mistakes happen even at good hospitals, of course. But evidence shows that University, which is owned by the State University of New York system, is not a good hospital."

Yikes! Check out the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/08/business/08hospital.html?_r=2&hp

Wow, that's a pretty damaging report. I wonder what Upstate would say about that...

Congratulations!! I don't understand either but I remember them saying that some of us who interviewed on 11/18 would be reviewed the week of November 30th. You got lucky!!

Thanks! Yeah that must have been it, thanks for clearing things up a bit. I guess I wasn't paying attention to that :)

Good luck to you!

Awesome, congrats! My interview was 11/24 so maybe I'll hear back next week (fingers crossed).

Status
Not open for further replies.