2009-2010 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we are on a pass/fail system....if you get a 90% or better you honor. The school is awesome!!! I love it! If you have more specific questions PM me!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't believe this....just becuase you interview late does not mean you are not a top applicant. I interviewed later in the interview season and unlike some of my classmates was accepted the same day.

Well when I interviewed last Friday, the admissions committee told us that we were the first batch to get interviewed and won't be hearing till March.

Can't wait that long~~~~

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody else unable to log in to check status? it tells me it doesn't recognize my aamc#...

Yay, invite! OOS, complete sometime in mid-august.

Wait seriously? that can't be right, people last year got acceptances before Chirstmas for sure. If they changed it, I'll be dreading that wait...

Well they told us that due to their change in computer servers, they were having problems. Best exemplified by the fact that my status page does not mention my interview invitation status even though I already did the interview. They said that nobody would be hearing about acceptance on Oct.15 due to the bugs they are having.

But they will still accept only handful of student at end of each month.
I hope I am one of them, but my interview did not go as well I hoped it to be.:(

Yay, invite! OOS, complete sometime in mid-august.

Good luck with your interview.

But be prepared to pay a great sum of money once accepted.
They went over financial aid after the interviews.

OOS pays about $50,000 for tuition and with everything combined, total cost per year comes about at $75,000 with abound 4-6% increase every year!:scared:

And there is new rule that resident status cannot be changed for rest of four years at CU once accepted as an OOS.

This is off topic, but rockymhs, does your user name reference Rocky Mountain High School?

so if i get in mstp over there i would be saving myself 105k a year for 4 years then 30k a year for 2-4 years after that. slick

Members don't see this ad :)
my interview did not go as well I hoped it to be.:(

Oh no, what happened? Was it just the atmosphere/people interviewing you? Or did they ask you some tough/bizarre questions?

so if i get in mstp over there i would be saving myself 105k a year for 4 years then 30k a year for 2-4 years after that. slick

Yup, if you want to go to CU as an OOS, MSTP is the way to go.
Well MSTP for anybody would be a big plus.

Did you get the lady who asks a ton of really difficult ethical questions and whatnot? I had an interview with her two years ago... it was not fun waiting to hear back after that train-wreck.

NO I got this old MD who did not even read my personal statement before the interview.

He would literally take like 1-2 minutes before asking a question with no facial expression.

I had hard time answering his questions because he just would not react to my answers.

Silence is worst reaction you can get during an interview.:mad:

But the other lady I did the interview with was a young MD who just graduated last year.

Very sweet person, but I know I could have done better.

The interview being the first one made it much harder!

Hope I get more interviews, but I am not hearing anything yet!!!! argh...

Last edited:
dont get thrown off by silence. its a more experienced interviewing trick to see if you fidget and talk too much/too little. keep in charge and just smile. if you are uncomfortable of your smile, practice.

Good luck with your interview.

But be prepared to pay a great sum of money once accepted.
They went over financial aid after the interviews.

OOS pays about $50,000 for tuition and with everything combined, total cost per year comes about at $75,000 with abound 4-6% increase every year!:scared:

And there is new rule that resident status cannot be changed for rest of four years at CU once accepted as an OOS.

I'm a WICHE resident, so hopefully I will have a helping hand in the financial aid department. But yes, even then, this will cost me an arm and a leg if I get accepted. But I would LOVE to live in CO, so I'm still excited :p

We have several WICHE students and I know they get help!!!

No, haven't heard anything. I guess no news is good news but I would really like to hear from CU soon.

Has no one heard anything in the past couple days? This thread quickly fell to the bottom of the list....

I believe no one will be hearing until the end of this month. Of course, interview invites will still fly out I guess.

hmmm so have people from OOS who completed apps by like mid august heard invites for interviews already?

Got an invite this morning for the 23rd of November. Anyone else?

Interviewed today, awesome school. They emphasized that a very, very small number of acceptances will go out before Jan (A few at the end of Oct and a few in Nov) and most won't arrive until much closer to March. They also mentioned that usually almost everyone is accepted off of "waitlist 1" while the other two waitlists have very little chance.

Interviewed today, awesome school. They emphasized that a very, very small number of acceptances will go out before Jan (A few at the end of Oct and a few in Nov) and most won't arrive until much closer to March. They also mentioned that usually almost everyone is accepted off of "waitlist 1" while the other two waitlists have very little chance.

Waitlist 2 is historically about 50/50... last year, that didn't happen because fewer people withdrew.

Hi All,

I am interviewing here on Monday, 11/02, and am super excited. My wife and I love Denver and this school is currently my top choice...but I know they place heavy favoritism on in-state applicants. Does anyone have any advice for the interview day so that I can convince them I am truly serious about attending?

Thanks ahead of time for all your help!:)

Hi All,

I am interviewing here on Monday, 11/02, and am super excited. My wife and I love Denver and this school is currently my top choice...but I know they place heavy favoritism on in-state applicants. Does anyone have any advice for the interview day so that I can convince them I am truly serious about attending?

Thanks ahead of time for all your help!:)

Where are you from?

Where are you from?

I'm from San Diego, CA, completed my undergrad at the University of San Diego, and my masters at Tufts University in Boston, MA. I'm very interested in primary care and UC Denver has a great program/ranking...are you a CO resident or interested in attending the school?

Does anybody know how acceptances are handed out?
Email or slowmail or both??

Does anybody know how acceptances are handed out?
Email or slowmail or both??

Last year I knew someone who got it by email. I never asked them if they received a letter in the mail too.

I'm from San Diego, CA, completed my undergrad at the University of San Diego, and my masters at Tufts University in Boston, MA. I'm very interested in primary care and UC Denver has a great program/ranking...are you a CO resident or interested in attending the school?

Both. It sounds like you have an interesting application. If you show your passion for going there, I think you have a shot. I know they favor non-trads, which it sounds like you are, so you have one leg up. Good luck :luck:

Accepatnces come in several forms....I got an e-mail, phone call and a snail-mail several weeks later. If you have any more questions PM me and I strongly reccomend you stay with a student for your interview! They can give you great tips and save you $$$!

Any news from anyone? Seems like there was a lot of activity a few weeks back and now nothing...weird.

Wow,

Can't believe that I got accepted.

It's the only place I interviewed yet and got accepted.

Interviewed on Oct. 2nd - first interview.

YEAH~~~~~~~~~~~

I was getting a bit worried b/c I wasn't getting any invites for interview.

But now I am going to be physician!

First acceptance!!!! I am so excited!!!

(Because I know ppl will ask: came via email)

Accepted!!!!! OMG I have never been so happy!!

CU class of 2014!

Congrats, guys.

Accepted via email!
CU Class of 2014 here I come

Does anyone else need to register for 3 credits of English next semester to meet UC's 9 credit requirement?

I'm a non-trad, soon to have a Master's degree for which I wrote a 60+ pg thesis, but I need to take 3 more credits of English to be prepared for med school! :rolleyes:

I got accepted today too. Do you mean to say that your acceptance email stated you need more english credits? I suspected I might need to but my email made no such suggestions.

My acceptance email did not address it, however, their website indicates that you need 9 credits of English/Lit/Comp, and my pre-med advisor warned me not to forget, as many of his previous students have had to cram in a 6-wk English course the summer before matriculation.

I know they will review your transcripts and tell you what you still need, but I don't know how soon they will do that. If you're not sure, it probably wouldn't hurt to call and ask!

I got accepted today too. Do you mean to say that your acceptance email stated you need more english credits? I suspected I might need to but my email made no such suggestions.

I would look at your transcript to make sure that you meet the requirements b/c it would be sad to have your seat taken away due to not meeting the English requirements.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.