2009-2010 West Virginia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
does this mean they just sent out acceptances and those of us with the waitlist email(yet again) won't get one?

So, for all those who have been waitlisted, you guys didn't recieve any letters, but rather an email? What about rejections, are those sent in email or in letter form?

Would recieving no email, possibly mean that an acceptance could be on the way???

If you guys don't mind, when did you guys recieve your most recent email/letter? Today, yesterday......

Rejections are sent via USPS. I've heard that the rejection letter is sent in a standard commercial envelope with a single sheet of paper inside.

For an acceptance, I believe you're typically looking for a larger envelope, as it would indicate your acceptance letter along with additional forms and papers necessary for a potential matriculant.

Since a lot of people seem to have received the waitlist email today, if you didn't receive one today it probably means you were accepted or rejected, but who knows. I imagine most of us we'll be waiting here at least until May 15th if not throughout July. I've also heard that a majority of students (from past years) accepted were waitlisted.

Last edited:
I know that the rejection on page 5 came via email today. Not sure what to think now except that the waitlist is two persons shorter due to two in the last several days withdrawing.

I know that the rejection on page 5 came via email today. Not sure what to think now except that the waitlist is two persons shorter due to two in the last several days withdrawing.

So, rejections are sent by mail and email? Or is it just a one time thing with the email? Does anyone know?

Because if we don't recieve any email (no rejection/waitlist) can we start getting our hopes up for an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 3/5 with 9 other OOS applicants, received waitlist email yesterday afternoon…

Does anyone know if acceptances are handed out as people are rejected/withdraw from the list or are they only given out once a month when the admissions committee meets? Thx

Interviewed on 3/5 with 9 other OOS applicants, received waitlist email yesterday afternoon…

Does anyone know if acceptances are handed out as people are rejected/withdraw from the list or are they only given out once a month when the admissions committee meets? Thx

Well, I was told during my interview that by 3/15 a "tentative list for AMCAS" needs to be made, so I figured that they will also need to have the right amount of acceptances for their class given out by then too. So, i figure that they would send acceptances during the same time, but then again, I havent recieved anything yet and no one else has stated that they have gotten an acceptance recently.

I called beth and she said if you got the email you will not get an acceptance this week. If you didn't then an acceptance might be coming your way.

I called beth and she said if you got the email you will not get an acceptance this week. If you didn't then an acceptance might be coming your way.

Thank you so much Felipe23. I haven't gotten an email yet, so :)xf:), i hope i have an "acceptance coming my way"

Also withdrawing from any further waitlist consideration. Good luck everyone!

Good news for you guys....

I also received the waitlist email yesterday... and received an acceptance letter today. It was in a standard envelope--just one sheet of paper. Totally weird because I got the email yesterday and thought it actually might be a rejection.

Postmarked on 3/16

received an acceptance letter yesterday! it was a single sheet of paper so in a regular sized envelope. im in-state so maybe theres more to it for out of staters.

received an acceptance letter yesterday! it was a single sheet of paper so in a regular sized envelope. im in-state so maybe theres more to it for out of staters.

Interesting! Did you receive a waitlist email too or just the acceptance letter?

for those that are waitlisted, i'm dropping off the waitlist due to an acceptance elsewhere, good luck!! (oos)

Nope, and I'm not expecting to hear anything until May 15th and after, but who knows.

After more than six months of waiting post interview and four waitlist emails, I received my acceptance letter in the mail last Wednesday!!!

After more than six months of waiting post interview and four waitlist emails, I received my acceptance letter in the mail last Wednesday!!!

Congratulations!

I withdrew today, so hopefully another SDNer will get my spot soon!

Accepted, 5/6! Was waitlisted since December beforehand.

OOS, 30, 3.65

Keep the faith!

I've been waitlisted at WVU since about Nov, maybe Dec and have been getting the "waitlist updates" by email. So, I got an "update" yesterday saying I was still on the list, etc etc.

Today, I got an email rejecting me from WVU b/c I have another acceptance. I'm happy going to the school which I got into, but I was so surprised to get rejected from the waitlist! Oh well. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I've been waitlisted at WVU since about Nov, maybe Dec and have been getting the "waitlist updates" by email. So, I got an "update" yesterday saying I was still on the list, etc etc.

Today, I got an email rejecting me from WVU b/c I have another acceptance. I'm happy going to the school which I got into, but I was so surprised to get rejected from the waitlist! Oh well. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

wow, rejected off a waitlist?! :confused: that's a new one for me..

did you get anywhere calling the admissions office?? I've called a couple times over the past 3-4 months, but never received quality information..any advice?

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a current med student at WVU in order to ask them a couple of questions...curriculum, housing, etc.? I guess as a last resort, I can call the admissions office? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I just was accepted from the waitlist!!!! OOS!! Keep your hopes up!!!! Good luck to everyone waiting!! :luck::xf:

hey i just recently got accepted

im OOS, from Chicago and was wondering if there is a facebook group or some other way that accepted students can meet each other

im looking for an apartment/roomate and didnt know if anyone else was in the same boat...

Congrats gcc322 and snoopfizzle33! Will you both be attending?

snoopfizzle33, I looked on facebook but couldn't find a group for WVU

congrats to you guys too! ya i tihnk i most likely will be attending (im still waiting on a few other waitlists but i am guessing they will not work out since its so late in the game)

yea i checked facebook and couldnt find anything

are any of you guys looking for housing as well? im kind of lost and am starting to realize that i need to figure this out soooon since school starts in a few weeks, haha

i emailed mccormick to ask her if there is any way to contact other accepted students but she hasnt responded...

I'll be attending..I really enjoyed WVU and the area.

Something to ponder: When I was speaking to the gentleman from admissions that contacted me today, I alerted him that I had received an in-state acceptance from a waitlist two weeks back. He seemed entirely surprised, almost shocked..He immediately started asking questions about my likelihood to attend WVU...perhaps if he had known I was already accepted elsewhere, my name might not have been called...much like the situation jevpitt had..

Hey all. Congrats first of all to all new acceptees!

There in fact IS a facebook group. (took me a while to find it too for some reason)

Search for "WVU School of Medicine Class of 2014"

I look forward to meeting all of you!

oh ok, yeah i found it now, thanks

so is anyone still looking for a place to live/a roomate??

i was thinking about staying in the medical center apartments but a student that i know at WVU-SOM is saying that the apts are absolutely terribleeee. he said hes heard all horror stories, with cockroaches, mice, other pests, and just filth

haha so ya, has anyone else heard different?

I was just wondering if any oos applicants with minimal ties to west virginia recieved an interview with an MCAT score that had a section lower that a 10. I am considering applying for this next cycle, but I heard that for oos applicants with no ties to the state they are looking for at least a 3.6 gpa and a 10 or better on each section of the MCAT. My gpa is around a 3.7 and I got a 12ps, 9vr, and 10bs on the MCAT. I would really like to go to a smaller more rural school like west virginia since I came from a small town and am interested in rural family medicine. Any reply would be helpful.

I was just wondering if any oos applicants with minimal ties to west virginia recieved an interview with an MCAT score that had a section lower that a 10. I am considering applying for this next cycle, but I heard that for oos applicants with no ties to the state they are looking for at least a 3.6 gpa and a 10 or better on each section of the MCAT. My gpa is around a 3.7 and I got a 12ps, 9vr, and 10bs on the MCAT. I would really like to go to a smaller more rural school like west virginia since I came from a small town and am interested in rural family medicine. Any reply would be helpful.

I would definitely apply if I were you.

Definitely apply. I have similar stats and will be attending this Aug. Good luck! WVU is a great school.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a current med student at WVU in order to ask them a couple of questions...curriculum, housing, etc.? I guess as a last resort, I can call the admissions office? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I will be starting MS2 at WVU in August(soon!!! noooooo!). I might be of some assistance to anyone on here.

Edit:
You should have already received your peer advisor mail. You can also ask him/her for info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.