2009-2010 Wright State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was invited for an interview a few days ago too, for 8/26 but I rescheduled til mid Sept. Anyway my question is did those invited to interview get their email detailing the interview day yet? I still haven't received mine and the lady called me on Monday...not in my Spam folder either.

im interviewing in two weeks and i just got mine yesterday. theres not much in the email anyways. they pretty much say go look on the website for more info about the interview lol

Just got an interview invite via phone call. Be there in 3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just did an interview here.

This school really surprised me: the students seem happy, the facilities are really good, and parking is not an issue (at least to me).

Also, the interview day was by far the most stress-free day you could possibly ask for.

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview so far and good luck to those who just applied! I am sure you will not be (too) disappointed. :)

I interviewed here on Sept.8, and I'm very nervous. I have to pay another school by Oct. 1, and I don't want to waste my money. Money is incredibly tight right now. I liked Wright State, a whole lot. I felt great about the interview, but I don't know what they thought about me. What are my chances? Will I know on Oct. 15 or VERY soon thereafter? :scared:

sooo should I assume based on their percentages that they have no love for oos students? I had been wanting to apply (just sent amcas yesterday) then remembered why I hadn't after I just checked out their stats from this year's class. I actually lived in OH for 8 or 9 years and still have pretty strong ties to the Cincy area...graduated from HS in cincinnati but my parents moved away practically the day after I graduated and started college. I was hoping they would have similar line of questioning as OSU about if you ever lived in OH etc. :(

sooo should I assume based on their percentages that they have no love for oos students? I had been wanting to apply (just sent amcas yesterday) then remembered why I hadn't after I just checked out their stats from this year's class. I actually lived in OH for 8 or 9 years and still have pretty strong ties to the Cincy area...graduated from HS in cincinnati but my parents moved away practically the day after I graduated and started college. I was hoping they would have similar line of questioning as OSU about if you ever lived in OH etc. :(

You probably have a better chance at U of Cincinnati or Ohio State, considering they each take a good number of OOS students.

Anyone else interviewing on wednesday? I'm nervous as its my only interview offer so far but i'm glad to hear its not a completely stressful experience.

Anyone else interviewing on wednesday? I'm nervous as its my only interview offer so far but i'm glad to hear its not a completely stressful experience.

Just be yourself, and you'll be fine. :)

The interview day was really low stress - they even served pizza for lunch! :D

Don't be nervous at all. I just interviewed today and I was only asked maybe two questions that were unrelated to my personal statement. Just be prepared to talk intelligently about your life and experiences and you will be just fine.

Don't be nervous at all. I just interviewed today and I was only asked maybe two questions that were unrelated to my personal statement. Just be prepared to talk intelligently about your life and experiences and you will be just fine.

Ha I met you today...sweet

Members don't see this ad :)
So the interview went about as well as it could so if i don't get in I 'll have no idea what they were looking for haha. My only complaint is they had sandwhiches for lunch with onions chopped very finely and snuck in with the mayo! really not a time where i want to be concerened with my breath. For anyone with an upcomming interview it really was a very relaxed interview, not a single question you wouldn't expect to be prepared for.

Always gotta stock your suit pocket with extra mints! ;)

Anyone else still waiting on an interview? I'm in-state and thought I had a pretty competitive application. I was complete 7/16, and I still haven't heard anything.

Anyone else still waiting on an interview? I'm in-state and thought I had a pretty competitive application. I was complete 7/16, and I still haven't heard anything.

I'm certain you will hear from them. You have a solid GPA and a good MCAT. This process is just so random.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear the admission decision after the interview?

Well they cant let us know until thursday at the earliest. And they send snail mail so if you interviewed a few weeks ago I bet we hear sometime next week. I interviewed 3 weeks ago so Im hoping I hear something early next week

they are mailing the notifications out on the 14th so hopefully we will know on thursday:xf:. trying not to get nervous because my only other interview isnt until january

they are mailing the notifications out on the 14th so hopefully we will know on thursday:xf:. trying not to get nervous because my only other interview isnt until january

How do you know this? Did you call them? And maybe we will get them on friday, I doubt it will only take 1 day for the letters to reach us if they do indeed send them on the 14th.

How do you know this? Did you call them? And maybe we will get them on friday, I doubt it will only take 1 day for the letters to reach us if they do indeed send them on the 14th.

one of my friends called them yesterday and told me they were sending them out on the 14th. so yea i guess unless the usps is amazingly awesome or if they do overnight delivery we wont get them until friday

I interviewed exactly two weeks ago, so I'm not really expecting to hear anything until about the 27th or so... I really hope Wright State shows me some love, I really liked this school.

Just got invited for an interview. Oct 28...... What kind of advice and things can i look for on interview day?

P.s. - Im soooo excited lol

How long did it take for Wright State to invite you to interview after you submitted your secondaries? I'm an in state student who submitted my secondary on 8/28 and still haven't heard anything! Thanks and good luck to everyone who has an upcoming interview! :)

damn, nothing in the mail today:(. Give me my acceptance letter soon!

How long did it take you to receive your secondary from Wright State? I submitted my primary to them a few days ago (added them to AMCAS, was verified in June) and haven't received a secondary yet.

How long did it take you to receive your secondary from Wright State? I submitted my primary to them a few days ago (added them to AMCAS, was verified in June) and haven't received a secondary yet.

I submitted my primary in July and I got my secondary 3 weeks after submitting my primary.

Acceptance letter received snail mail today. Interviewed early september.

I submitted my secondary in middle of sept and got the interview invite yesterday. As for secondary, they sent me theirs only a few days after my primary was completed - which was middle of sept.

waitlisted here. my only other interview is at osu in january so im still keeping my fingers crossed for something although getting in here would have taken a load off of this whole process

Does anyone know how long you should wait after your secondary application is submitted before you are offered an interview/rejection-before-interview?

Does anyone know how long you should wait after your secondary application is submitted before you are offered an interview/rejection-before-interview?
It took a little over a month for me to get an interview offer after submitting my secondary

I am right there with you! I'm an in state student with above average GPA and MCAT who submitted just a few days before you and have heard nothing. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

Just so you have the information Wright States average mcat has increased since most online databases have updated. the last two years it was 31-32 i think. Although I had a 30 and a 3.4 gpa and interviewed sept 30th. its still early so don't worry too much.

yup :p i think i know who u r

so i guess it got to cbus fast. hmm maybe take a couple more days for me..hopefully.

Ya make sure your status page says its been sent...hope its good news!

Ya make sure your status page says its been sent...hope its good news!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Admissions Committee has reviewed your Application. A decision has been mailed to your preferred address

Accepted as well! So excited seemed like a great school, I was really impressed on interview day. Way past my expectations

Just got rejected today. Not sure what they really wanted to hear during the interview. thought it went well as the dr. mostly talked to me about how we had both overcome LDs, wine, and the local area, not to mention discouraging me from going to Case over wright state. (not that i thought i'd get into case, but my parents went there so i did apply)

just so you have the info it took 3 weeks for the decision.
in state, mcat 30, gpa and ms gpa both a 3.4. with as fair amount of extras including research experience. Good luck to everybody else

accepted here!! super excited.

anyone doing a dual degreee?? im gona do the md/mph

Status
Not open for further replies.