2010-2011 Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
has there really been no recent movement at all on SDN since before 5/25?

=(

Members don't see this ad.

any accepted students waiting to get off the WL elsewhere? care to give us WLers here some hope?

Anybody know how I can get my discount to buy a Dell laptop before starting at P&S?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any hope left for those on the WL?

According to admissions office staff earlier this week, the class is currently over-accepted and there has been no WL movement of late. So it doesn't look good - especially if you got the 'low probability' email.... GL all the same.

Jesus, I feel like a ton of schools are having a pretty harsh waitlist season this year.

Jesus, I feel like a ton of schools are having a pretty harsh waitlist season this year.

It's the economy! I feel like I might have read it somewhere, too.... but my ol' research mentor once told me that when the economy is doing poorly the number of people applying to med school increases, and when it's doing well the number applying to business school increases. With that in mind, it's no surprise at all that there's overcrowding right now.

If we didn't get the low probability email, I wonder what our chances are? Do any of you have a pull the plug date? I'm going to keep hoping for Columbia but am trying to get excited about where I'm already accepted.

I didn't get the low probability email either, but then again, I never sent them any updates...

BTW, did we ever clear up the whole "Dean writing on your waitlist letter" thing? Did it mean anything? I had that, but never followed up as I was getting excited for my other school.

If we didn't get the low probability email, I wonder what our chances are? Do any of you have a pull the plug date? I'm going to keep hoping for Columbia but am trying to get excited about where I'm already accepted.
I mentally pulled the plug about a month ago. As far as you guys trying to get excited for other schools... you're going to be doctors, that's freaking awesome.

Alas Columbia... maybe we shall meet again come residency.

Status
Not open for further replies.