2010-2011 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if everyone/90+% of applicants on the hpl just move to the al

Members don't see this ad.

Also placed on the alternate list from the HPL.

Is anyone still on the HPL? Just curious.

Does anyone know the approximate percentage of people from the alternate list that are ultimately accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the approximate percentage of people from the alternate list that are ultimately accepted?

last year on SDN about 16 people stated that they were on AL and 8 ppl said they got acceptances in may, so SDN ratio is 50% lol? no clue though...

Also placed on the alternate list from the HPL.

Is anyone still on the HPL? Just curious.

I'm still on the HPL. Confused...maybe they forgot me? haha. UCSF is my top choice school.

whats your application status?

They changed the link to my access page because they are launching a new one on April 25th I think... I am alternate listed and just checked myaccess.ucsf.edu and it worked for me...

Last edited:
is it true that all acceptances have been given out? (before the waitlist starts to move)

Members don't see this ad :)
is it true that all acceptances have been given out? (before the waitlist starts to move)

I don't think we know. There was someone last year who reported an acceptance on 4/28 so it's possible. There are also people on the HPL so I guess that some of them could still be accepted directly from the list. Who knows?! (Note: the 4/28 acceptance last year was never on the HPL.)

is there anyone out there who still haven't heard anything after their interview?

if there are, then that must mean acceptances are still possible.

Withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to those still waiting!! :luck:

Anybody know what waitlisted people should be submitting for financial aid consideration in the event that they are accepted?

Anybody know what waitlisted people should be submitting for financial aid consideration in the event that they are accepted?

Check out the website netpartner.ucsf.edu it tells which application to fill out and what documents are required in order for them to calculate a package for you. Make sure you made yourself a myaccess.ucsf.edu username and password first

Any movement yet?

Does anyone know how UCSF notifies people accepted from the alternate list? Status update? Snail mail?

Accepted via email & status page update. HPL (3/4/11), WL (4/8/11)

First and last SDN post! Interviewed October, HPL'ed January, waitlisted April, accepted today. Incredibly excited and will definitely be attending - this school is phenomenal, and the people are fantastic!!! See you guys in the fall, and best of luck to those who are still waiting!

First and last SDN post! Interviewed October, HPL'ed January, waitlisted April, accepted today. Incredibly excited and will definitely be attending - this school is phenomenal, and the people are fantastic!!! See you guys in the fall, and best of luck to those who are still waiting!

I hope it's not your last post because I'd love to know if you were accepted by email like sedesh...

Haha ok, maybe not the last one after all. :) I was accepted by email notification and status update on Monday - no snail mail yet, although the status page does say that an acceptance package has been mailed. To preempt the next question - I live in Cali. Good luck!

Accepted via email and status update! Now I must choose between UCSF and Mt. Sinai. Any suggestions?

UCSF for sure! California is the best, although I would greatly prefer you to choose Mt. Sinai : )

Congrats! Was it a Congratulatory email or email telling you to check your status?

Congrats! Was it a Congratulatory email or email telling you to check your status?
I was notified with an automated email saying that my status had changed. The updated status indicates that there is also a snail mail package on the way.

Currently, I am leaning toward UCSF based on curriculum, match results (though the information I have on this is only anecdotal), and facilities. But I would be very happy to hear of any other criteria that anyone on this forum would suggest for making this decision!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear. :luck:

Just curious: when are people getting these updates? During the work day, late afternoon-ish?

I wonder if they're going out in batches or one-by-one...

Just got accepted today via mail! Haven't received an email or online status change. So glad to be joining the class :D

Status
Not open for further replies.