2010-2011 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed Oct 1st, haven't heard anything yet. I was told they are planning on mailing decisions sometime this week, depending on when you interviewed.

I interviewed Oct 1st, haven't heard anything yet. I was told they are planning on mailing decisions sometime this week, depending on when you interviewed.

was 9/20, still haven't heard, no phone call or mail :( boo for waiting.

dma311, did you get your letter in the mail yet? i'd imagine that not every single accepted applicant gets a phone call (for various reasons unknown to me) so I'm still hoping on just getting a packet in the mail instead of stalking my phone :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I received my acceptance letter (interviewed early September) in the mail last week and never got a phone call so don't freak out if you don't get one! And the envelope is extremely thin - it only has one sheet in it.

hey you guys are you guys talking about uconn's post bacc program B?

thanks

Uh no

The Medical School.....to obtain an M.D. degree....

Like every other thread in this forum...

The post-bacc discussion would be in the post-bac forum

hey oh sorry! lol

Well if you don't mind me asking robflanker did you go to uconn post-bacc or any other post bacc or smp? Just looking for the best ones that truly help students get into medical school.

Thanks so much and congrats to you!

I did, but did not go to UConn. You should have these conversations via PM or in the post-bac forum.

I am sure we pissing off everyone else that applied to UConn everytime this threads gets bumped - sorry folk but good luck!

I havent heard a peep from UConn Med

I got an acceptance on monday the 18th via a phone call from Dr. Zeff. I interviewed sept. 13th

Stats: IS, sGPA 3.8 cGPA 3.8 30Q. Non-trad, graduated undergrad may 2010

Congratulations.

My daughter, SDN makes her nervous so I read it for her..., was accepted this week too.

Interviewed late September. In state. 3.7 gpa/3.6 science, 36R.

Good to luck to everyone else.

woo got a phone call on friday, letter in the mail on sat. accepted! :)

IS, 3.7, 35P

for those accepted, how long did you hear after your interview?

For those who have already interviewed, would you mind describing how the day went?? Did you guys have to do a PBL and a group introduction story in the beginning like last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how to qualify for in-state tuition, 1 year of living in CT?5 years? working in CT?

For those who have already interviewed, would you mind describing how the day went?? Did you guys have to do a PBL and a group introduction story in the beginning like last year?

it was pretty easy, no PBL like previous years.

first there's the group "get to know each other/interview" with the dean, Dr. Zeff. he asks questions and the interviewees answer the questions one by one going around the table....just simple get to know you questions. then you have your two interviews an hour each (one faculty and one student) until lunch. we had lunch at noon with students, then went on the tour. after the tour we returned back to the admissions office, Dr. Zeff answered any questions we may have had, gave us an approx notice of when we'd hear back and that was it! pretty simple day. finished by around 2 pm I believe.

it was pretty easy, no PBL like previous years.

first there's the group "get to know each other/interview" with the dean, Dr. Zeff. he asks questions and the interviewees answer the questions one by one going around the table....just simple get to know you questions. then you have your two interviews an hour each (one faculty and one student) until lunch. we had lunch at noon with students, then went on the tour. after the tour we returned back to the admissions office, Dr. Zeff answered any questions we may have had, gave us an approx notice of when we'd hear back and that was it! pretty simple day. finished by around 2 pm I believe.

thats pretty much it. jeepy, how would you say the faculty interview went? mine was very conversational. i did quite a bit of research, but my interviewer didn't seem to ask much about it. not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

thats pretty much it. jeepy, how would you say the faculty interview went? mine was very conversational. i did quite a bit of research, but my interviewer didn't seem to ask much about it. not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

it went well! it was pretty conversational as well, but a directed conversation (i.e. not just talking about whatever comes to mind). my interviewer had specific questions for me, but it was pleasant talking and he was engaging with what I had to say. i don't think not asking a lot about the research is bad...but hard to say. good luck :)

Jeepy.. or anyone else who got in... have you heard anything since then? After you paid your matriculation fee, has anything else been sent?

Hey All,

Congratulations to those of you who have received acceptances!

I was just wondering how long it took UCONN to contact you after your secondary was complete? I was complete 8/31 (email notification) and I have heard absolutely nothing. I don't want to call the admissions office and bother them, but should I call to be sure I am not missing anything in my file?

Maybe this amount of wait time is typical? I am not sure. Any advice would be appreciated!

Jeepy.. or anyone else who got in... have you heard anything since then? After you paid your matriculation fee, has anything else been sent?

nope haven't gotten anything else in the mail since the acceptance letter, and haven't heard anything else. i think it might be a while, i don't see why they'd have any urgent need to send us more materials in november.

Accepted! Got the letter today. No call from Dr. Zeff though. Interviewed Oct 18th.

Hey everyone.

I need help. I mailed my acceptance letter away to my family...
I was so excited that I forgot to read the fine prints where there is the link to give the deposit.... :-((((((
Can someone send me the link (preferably ASAP)? Please please pleaaaaase!!!!
Since I'll be attending next fall, when I see you I'll take you out to coffee or something?
Pleaseee!!!!

Hey everyone.

I need help. I mailed my acceptance letter away to my family...
I was so excited that I forgot to read the fine prints where there is the link to give the deposit.... :-((((((
Can someone send me the link (preferably ASAP)? Please please pleaaaaase!!!!
Since I'll be attending next fall, when I see you I'll take you out to coffee or something?
Pleaseee!!!!

https://enrollmentfees.uchc.edu/MedAppFees.html

select "matriculation $100" under "application fee"

:) congrats!

accepted. letter received on 12/1, dated 11/29, interviewed 11/1.

which phone number would you call to check your status/ application updates?

i only found the number for the Dean, Richard Zeff. is there a secretary or admissions office number i can call?

Thanks

which phone number would you call to check your status/ application updates?

i only found the number for the Dean, Richard Zeff. is there a secretary or admissions office number i can call?

Thanks

I am not positive, but i think you can find it on the website. if not, you can just email. i've emailed before and received a quick response.

Anyone who interviewed early to middle Nov hear back? It's pushing 3 weeks now.

ACEEPTED. Check your emails. Interviewed 11/15.

Hey!! Just got an interview invite last week! So excited!

Does anyone have any tips/advice for interviewing? What was your general impression about the interview day and school?

Thanks! And congratz to those accepted!

Does anyone know what UConn's stance on pre-interview letters of intent is? I don't know if sending one would work in my favor or just be a hassle for the admissions committee.

Thanks

Hey All,

Congrats to all the accepted. So I just got an interview.... do any of you have any tips for the day, since you clearly did well because you are already accepted! I am a litter nervous since the interview seems to be pretty late for UCONN so I want to make sure I am prepared. Thanks for your help :)

Does anyone know what UConn's stance on pre-interview letters of intent is? I don't know if sending one would work in my favor or just be a hassle for the admissions committee.

Thanks

I don't think it will hurt you. I got my interview a few days after sending a letter of interest so give it a shot.

Hey All,

Just got the interview call yesterday, I am so excited! This is my first choice school. Although I am a little nervous about being interviewed so late, does this mean I have a lower chance of acceptance?

I am also interested in any pointers or advice people who have already interviewed can offer.

Congratulations on people's acceptances and interview invites (maybe I will see you there, I am on 1/14)!

Hey All,

Just got the interview call yesterday, I am so excited! This is my first choice school. Although I am a little nervous about being interviewed so late, does this mean I have a lower chance of acceptance?

I am also interested in any pointers or advice people who have already interviewed can offer.

Congratulations on people's acceptances and interview invites (maybe I will see you there, I am on 1/14)!

I can't really speak about your chances. Admissions are rolling, and spots have been filling up, but I'm not sure what that means for people interviewing later in the season. They offer acceptances to people they think will fall into the top 120

The interview day is pretty laid back, so don't stress. The admissions staff is very friendly, and the interviewers won't grill you (at least I wasn't). My faculty interview was very conversational, although I was asked the typical questions (Why medicine? etc). Just know your stuff, articulate yourself, be confident, and try to relax.

I can't really speak about your chances. Admissions are rolling, and spots have been filling up, but I'm not sure what that means for people interviewing later in the season. They offer acceptances to people they think will fall into the top 120

The interview day is pretty laid back, so don't stress. The admissions staff is very friendly, and the interviewers won't grill you (at least I wasn't). My faculty interview was very conversational, although I was asked the typical questions (Why medicine? etc). Just know your stuff, articulate yourself, be confident, and try to relax.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Can someone comment on why they want to go to UConn?

I just want to hear someone explain from a personal standpoint. I know that UConn is a great school, good research, reputation etc., and it is a state school in the state I currently live. But I would like to hear from someone who knows a bit more.

Thank you.

Can someone comment on why they want to go to UConn?

I just want to hear someone explain from a personal standpoint. I know that UConn is a great school, good research, reputation etc., and it is a state school in the state I currently live. But I would like to hear from someone who knows a bit more.

Thank you.

The atmosphere. Its a smaller class compared other schools (a little more than 80 students), therefore its a very close knit group. I think that's what stands out of the most for me. The school does a great job with Step 1 and Step 2 prep, and does a great job of developing clinical skills early on (look up the SCP on the website), which translates into good residency matches. Thats my two cents.

The atmosphere. Its a smaller class compared other schools (a little more than 80 students), therefore its a very close knit group. I think that's what stands out of the most for me. The school does a great job with Step 1 and Step 2 prep, and does a great job of developing clinical skills early on (look up the SCP on the website), which translates into good residency matches. Thats my two cents.

Thank you for this, I would like to know the pros and cons of UCONN. How does the fact that it is a state school impact the program?

That is really good to hear, does anyone else have any input on why they choose UCONN or what they like most about attending the school

Could one of you good folks give me the email and/or physical address to which I may send a letter with updates? The only email I have from this school is apparently for secondary applications only.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Nevermind....I dun found it.

Last edited:
Isn't this around the time we can expect to hear? Or is it end of month?

Not much action on this tread lately...Has anyone heard anything recently, acceptances, rejections, wait-listing?? I just interviewed so I know it will be at least a couple of weeks but I am just curious if others who interviewed before me have heard anything. I loved the school so I am really anticipating hearing from them:xf:

I interviewed a few months ago and still haven't heard...

That is so frustrating, have you contacted the admissions office lately to see if they had any updates for you?

Probably a good idea, but I'm gonna let it go another week and see what happens...

Ya I know what you mean, there is a fine line between showing your interest and being annoying, but I would say a couple of months would warrant a status update. What month did you interview, have you heard of anyone from your application cycle who has heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.