2010 Acceptance & Waitlist Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhDClinical

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New as of 2/28: University of Vermont acceptance (general experimental) 2/24, Boston College acceptance (counseling) 2/17 & 2/25, Loyola Chicago waitlist (counseling), UMaine acceptance (clinical) 2/23—applicant accepted, U Maryland College Park waitlist (school) 2/27, Texas Tech waitlist (clinical) 2/26, Indiana State acceptance (school) 2/26, Penn State acceptance (clinical) 2/26, Chestnut Hill College acceptance (clinical PsyD) 2/25, University of Hartford acceptance (clinical PsyD) 2/25, New Mexico State University waitlist (counseling) 2/22, Oklahoma State acceptance (counseling) 2/23, Catholic University acceptance (clinical) 2/24, University of Windsor acceptance (child clinical) 2/24, University of Miami acceptance (adult clinical) 2/24.

Will add to list later tonight.

Congrats!

Acceptances:

Clinical PhD:

Arizona State: 2/19
Drexel: 2/22
Duke: 2/17
Emory: 2/17
Fordham: 2/13
FSU: 2/12
John Jay (Forensic Emphasis): 2/16
Georgia State: 2/22 & 2/23
Miami University of Ohio
Ohio State: 2/1
Ohio State joint track Clinical-IDD (MRDD): 2/5
Purdue: 2/17
Queens College-CUNY (Clinical Neuropsychology): 2/16
Queens University-Canada: 2/18
Southern Methodist University: 2/1
University of Alabama (Geropsychology): 2/2
UCLA: 2/12
University of Central Florida: 2/9
University of Denver (Child Clinical): 2/16
University of Georgia: 2/1
UIUC (Clinical/Community): 2/16 via snail mail
University of Maryland College Park: 2/20
University of Missouri-Columbia: 2/19
University of Nebraska at Lincoln: 2/22
University of Pennsylvania: 2/23
University of South Florida: 2/22
University of Texas-Austin: 2/17
University of Utah: 2/23
University of Vermont: 2/18
University of Waterloo: 2/17
UW Milwaukee: 2/22
Vanderbilt: 2/17

Clinical PsyD:
Argosy University-Chicago: 2/1
Argosy University-DC: 2/16
Adler PsyD via mail
Chicago School of Professional Psychology: 2/16
Chicago School of Prof. Psych. Post-Masters PsyD program in Westwood CA
Loyola Maryland: 2/23
MSPP: 2/1

School PhD/PsyD:
Ball State: 2/24
Duquesne (multiple)
Indiana University Bloomington: 2/22
Syracuse University: 2/22
Texas A&M: Call 2/5
UC Berkeley: 2/18
University of Florida: Email 2/8
University of Kentucky: 2/18
University of Maryland-College Park: 2/18
University of Minnesota
UT - Austin: 2/9

Counseling PhD/PsyD:
Colorado State University
Marquette University
Our Lady of the Lake PsyD: 2/19
Penn State: 2/16
Texas Women's University: 2/2
University of Denver: 2/16
University of Kentucky: 1/25 & 2/1 & 2/16
University of Minnesota PhD: 1/22
University of North Dakota: 2/16
University of Oregon: 2/2 (applicant decided to attend)
University of Wisconsin, Madison

Combined PhD:
UCSB CCSP (clinical): 1/30 via online application

Non-Applied PhD:
University of Alabama (social)
University of Southern Mississippi (experimental/social): 2/10

Waitlists:

Clinical PhD:
Central Michigan University: 2/2
DePaul (child track): 1/26
Depaul (Clinical Community): 2/2
Ohio University: 2/16
Queen's University: 1/14

SUNY Binghamton: 2/22
Syracuse: 2/16
Temple University: 2/17
University of Georgia: 2/2 (took self off waitlist)
University of Missouri Columbia: 2/17
University of Oregon: 2/18
University of Pittsburgh: 2/22
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas: 2/22
Washington State

Clinical PsyD:
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine: 12/9

School PhD:
Texas A&M PhD: 1/26
Syracuse University: 2/2

Counseling PhD:
NYU: 2/16
Purdue University: 2/8
UCSB: 2/23
University of Minnesota: 2/2
University of Southern Mississippi: 2/23
Univ. of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Non-Applied:
University of New Orleans (applied developmental): 2/17

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking this on, here's to hoping we all get in SOMEWHERE. The waiting is killing me, I practically run to the mailbox each day. Good luck everyone!

Thanks for taking this on, here's to hoping we all get in SOMEWHERE. The waiting is killing me, I practically run to the mailbox each day. Good luck everyone!

LOL. I can pick out the sound of the mail-truck's motor from a mile away now, from inside my house. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the notifications people receive seem to be through email or phone, just to warn you ;)

Waitlisted for Clinical Psych at Queen's University (Ontario, Canada)

lol @ bump... shouldnt really bump something when 99% of interviews havent even happened yet let alone acceptances!

there seems to be more going on with psyd applicants than phd (though i wouldn't know first hand), and i wanted to make sure people know this thread exists so that they can begin to utilize it.

Looks like everyone is trying to create an application results related thread. Which one should Ido lol! :D

I'll be sure to let you know of any information as my future is decided by people hundreds of miles away.

Anyone have some good (waitlist) or awesome (acceptance) news? I know I saw that some people had some early news in other threads...

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my first acceptance today! So excited! :) Worried about posting the name right now just because it's so early, but it's a counseling psyc program. If anyone wants to know, feel free to PM me. All this work is finally paying off!

Congrats! Are you going to definitely go there, or are you waiting before making a decision?

Congrats! Are you going to definitely go there, or are you waiting before making a decision?

I have no idea! I guess I'm going to try to see as many programs as possible so that I can be sure I'm making the right decision. I'm so surprised! I was worried about not getting interviews and now I have at least one acceptance. :)

What is an appropriate amount of time to wait after an interview to inquire about your status? This particular program may still be interviewing other applicants so I think I'd be jumping the gun to start email/calling at this point. If I am offered admission elsewhere, then I'll definitely check in but my other interviews arent for a few weeks. Thoughts?

I have no idea! I guess I'm going to try to see as many programs as possible so that I can be sure I'm making the right decision. I'm so surprised! I was worried about not getting interviews and now I have at least one acceptance. :)

Would you mind posting whether or not this program held interviews?

Would you mind posting whether or not this program held interviews?

The website says that interviews are not required, but I received an email from my POI the first week of January requesting a phone conversation. I assume that was my interview. I was told that they had done the initial review of applicants and each POI called their top choices to get further information. I then got an acceptance last Friday. Hope that's helpful. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me. :)

Waitlist DePaul child clinical (Ph.D.).

Better than nothing I guess!

First, congratulations to all who have offers on the table!

Second, I'm a newbie here but I have a question to field to everyone. What's the best way to balance/reply to an offer while still waiting on other interviews? Obviously, there's a time frame to accept/reject, but you don't just want to outright ignore the offer. Any thoughts?

Whoever got the Uminn counseling acceptance... did you receive an interview prior to the acceptance? PM me if you like and much thanks (and envy haha) to you!

Thank them for the offer, say you are considering it seriously but you would also like to see what other options you have and will reply as soon as you can.

I was thinking along those lines but wanted a consensus on it. Thanks! :)

Whoever got the Uminn counseling acceptance... did you receive an interview prior to the acceptance? PM me if you like and much thanks (and envy haha) to you!

Can the person who got the UMN counseling acceptance PM me and tell me if this is through the dept of psychology or rather through the college of education and human development?

Thanks!!!! :):):)

HI,

New here...can someone tell me how you know you get wait listed and what this means? If you are on the wait list and someone who is accepted chooses to decline the offer, you move up? How do you find out if you have been wait listed?

HI,

New here...can someone tell me how you know you get wait listed and what this means? If you are on the wait list and someone who is accepted chooses to decline the offer, you move up? How do you find out if you have been wait listed?

Getting waitlisted at a school means that they have reviewed your application and are considering you, but you are not the top choice. Typically, admission committees will rank order their candidates, and then provide offers to their favorite applicants. If you are waitlisted, it generally means that you will not receive an offer unless the candidates ranked higher than you decline the offer of admission.

Perhaps others can comment upon the likelihood of receiving an admission offer once you have been waitlisted, or clarify further if I got any of my info wrong...

Getting waitlisted at a school means that they have reviewed your application and are considering you, but you are not the top choice. Typically, admission committees will rank order their candidates, and then provide offers to their favorite applicants. If you are waitlisted, it generally means that you will not receive an offer unless the candidates ranked higher than you decline the offer of admission.

Perhaps others can comment upon the likelihood of receiving an admission offer once you have been waitlisted, or clarify further if I got any of my info wrong...

How do you know if you have been waitlisted?

on average, about how long after the interview do people receive feedback on their admission status? have a couple interviews this month and just wondering if i'm going to be stressed for another month...two months...oof

on average, about how long after the interview do people receive feedback on their admission status? have a couple interviews this month and just wondering if i'm going to be stressed for another month...two months...oof

It depends on the school, but usually 2 weeks to a month after the last interview date they will contact the first round of people accepted. After that, it depends on what those people do and how long they take to decide for the rest of everyone to hear. The school should tell you though at the interview. If they don't mention it, you can ask.

I'm *pretty* sure I got an acceptance today. I say pretty sure, because I got a message from the DCT telling me to call them and giving me their cell phone number. It's a school that doesn't do interviews but does a meet and greet day after acceptances. I don't want to say where yet just in case, and I'm trying not to jinx myself, but I'd say odds look good that this is an acceptance, yes??

I'm *pretty* sure I got an acceptance today. I say pretty sure, because I got a message from the DCT telling me to call them and giving me their cell phone number. It's a school that doesn't do interviews but does a meet and greet day after acceptances. I don't want to say where yet just in case, and I'm trying not to jinx myself, but I'd say odds look good that this is an acceptance, yes??

Congrats! I'm pretty sure I know what school this is, that's if it's Counseling Psych PhD program. That's great!!!!!!

Can whoever got the UGA invite please PM me their POI.? I would be thankful. :)

Can whoever got the UGA Clinical acceptance PLEASE PM me their POI. Or if the people above me who have asked the same question have found out, can you please PM me the POI.

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated, and congrats!

Does it happen often to be waitlisted at a school without being offered an interview?

Just received an email saying I am on the waitlist at Central Michigan (clinical phd). Better than a rejection I suppose, thought I would share :)

Wait listed at Syracuse U for the School Psychology program via email this morning, 2/2/10.

For the SECOND time. :(

Just received an email from Depaul... waitlisted. I suppose it's nice not to be rejected outright?

How common is it for schools to notify you if you're on their waitlist?

Okay, it's official, so I can say it now:

I have been accepted to Texas Woman's University Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program!

Status
Not open for further replies.