2010 Acceptance & Waitlist Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How common is it for schools to notify you if you're on their waitlist?

Depending on what you mean, here are two answers:

1. If you are waitlisted, they should notify you 100% of the time. (unless the school wants to toy with your emotions)

2. It is common to be waitlisted. From what it seems, a good applicant can be waitlisted by 1 to all of schools on their list, depending on the range of schools they apply to.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, it's official, so I can say it now:

I have been accepted to Texas Woman's University Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program!

Congratulations! Hopefully it is one of your top choices.

Depending on what you mean, here are two answers:

1. If you are waitlisted, they should notify you 100% of the time. (unless the school wants to toy with your emotions)

2. It is common to be waitlisted. From what it seems, a good applicant can be waitlisted by 1 to all of schools on their list, depending on the range of schools they apply to.

1. I just got waitlisted at a school ("top of the waitlist") but the program didn't contact me. I had to contact my POI to find out my status (others had heard acceptances and rejections - and I neither).

2. Although it is common, it somewhat kills my enthusiasm for the school.

ps - I already pm'd the OP with the info. (per my waitlist), so please don't ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I just got waitlisted at a school ("top of the waitlist") but the program didn't contact me. I had to contact my POI to find out my status (others had heard acceptances and rejections - and I neither).

2. Although it is common, it somewhat kills my enthusiasm for the school.

ps - I already pm'd the OP with the info. (per my waitlist), so please don't ask.

Why did it somewhat kill your enthusiasm? Is it just because you're on the waitlist, or is it because they put you on the waitlist and didn't tell you?

That's odd...

Why did it somewhat kill your enthusiasm? Is it just because you're on the waitlist, or is it because they put you on the waitlist and didn't tell you?

Mostly because they didn't tell me and it's frustrating to be in that limbo. But also because I had been given very different feedback after my interview that was misleading based on the current outcome (I'm keeping that sentence very vague for a reason). Granted, I am thankful to be waitlisted at least (I know it'd be ridiculous if I wasn't), it's just too fresh to really be enthused about them at the moment :).

I was also just waitlisted at Depaul for the child track.

I got that bizarro email too. The first part of it didn't really make much sense, and the whole thing made me kind of laugh.

did you interview? and what track?

Nope, no interview, and child track...

"Dear applicant,

My apologies if you have already received this message. I believe I made
a clerical error in sending this message electronically last week. My
sincere apologies for any confusion that arose from this
mis/communication.

I am emailing to inform you of the status of your application to DePaul
University's Clinical Child Psychology Program. The admissions committee
has reviewed your qualifications favorably; however we are not able to
offer you an interview at this time. Your name has been placed on a
waiting list. This list is not ranked. The admissions committee will
meet again late February/Early March. Another status update email will
be sent early March. If your status should change in the interim, I will
notify you immediately.

Sincerely,"

lol, at least they said "favorably"! Anyone ever been accepted off the waitlist at Depaul? And how many freaking people do they waitlist...

I got the same email for clinical community. Has anyone even gotten an interview for clinical community? I'm sad : (

yeah I kind of got the same email but it was last week or a week and a half ago.....I'm child track too and no interview, but even on this forum there are like 5 people who are in the same boat, so who knows how many people they really sent it too.

oh well, chicago is chilly! haha

Would the people accepted to SMU's program mind PMing me their POIs? Thanks!

recieved an acceptance from UA clinical geropsych track last night!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, no interview, and child track...

"Dear applicant,

My apologies if you have already received this message. I believe I made
a clerical error in sending this message electronically last week. My
sincere apologies for any confusion that arose from this
mis/communication.

I am emailing to inform you of the status of your application to DePaul
University's Clinical Child Psychology Program. The admissions committee
has reviewed your qualifications favorably; however we are not able to
offer you an interview at this time. Your name has been placed on a
waiting list. This list is not ranked. The admissions committee will
meet again late February/Early March. Another status update email will
be sent early March. If your status should change in the interim, I will
notify you immediately.

Sincerely,"

lol, at least they said "favorably"! Anyone ever been accepted off the waitlist at Depaul? And how many freaking people do they waitlist...

Yup, that was the identical email I got. I still have no idea what the first paragraph means.

Sigh... I have precisely zero acceptances at the moment...

I'm beginning to get the sinking feeling that I just might be the only interview invite thread manager to a) get 18 interview invites and b) still not get in anywhere! :scared:;)

I'm beginning to get the sinking feeling that I just might be the only interview invite thread manager to a) get 18 interview invites and b) still not get in anywhere! :scared:;)

How many have you interviewed with and how long ago was it?

I know a lot of programs take their time with acceptances - you clearly have a lot to offer having gotten so many invitations, I know you'll have several to choose from!

are you kidding? soon you'll have so many acceptances that you will be stressing about which school to accept!!

are you kidding? soon you'll have so many acceptances that you will be stressing about which school to accept!!

Agreed!!! I believe that you won't just get in somewhere, but you will end up having your pick among several. Be patient. If you notice, very, very few people have received acceptances to date.

All the invites have gone out, but to my knowledge, no SDNers received one this year. :eek:

Optimistic (read: naive) me is going to say that there's still hope for all of use, then!

It seems unlikely that you could have 18 invites and yet not get a single acceptance.

DePaul (community track) clinical PhD also has some waitlists.

It seems unlikely that you could have 18 invites and yet not get a single acceptance.

HOLY COW! At some point you need to share where they are are. That is incredible congrats! Stunned/incredibly jealous.

I've been selected as an alternate candidate for the U of Oregon counseling program.:xf:

Waitlisted at uminn clinical phd, child program. Recieved notification via snail mail.

First acceptance today!!!!!!! With funding!!!!!!

It's a weight off my shoulders! :D

No suprise. I think you were the only one on this forum who thought you might not get a single offer. . . . Congrats--hope it's your top choice.

Hi All - I was accepted to Duquesne University's School Psych PhD program today (2/5) via email. Funny thing is, the interview was only yesterday!

Hi All - I was accepted to Duquesne University's School Psych PhD program today (2/5) via email. Funny thing is, the interview was only yesterday!

That is very fast. Congratulations!!!

Me too!!! Was your interview in the morning or in the afternoon??

Congratulations!!!! Yea!! . . .

I'm sure those who had interviews a couple weeks ago or more wish their schools would be as prompt as yours.

Are both of you still waiting for other prospects as well?

Congratulations!!!! Yea!! . . .

I'm sure those who had interviews a couple weeks ago or more wish their schools would be as prompt as yours.

Are both of you still waiting for other prospects as well?

I'm not.. That was my first choice, so I got lucky. :D

I'm not.. That was my first choice, so I got lucky. :D

That's wonderful! Double Yea!!!

And, bonus: You and TRK411 get to be the first to represent us school psych. folks on the acceptance list (on the first page of this thread). It was looking really bare and sad.

My interview was in the morning, how about yours???? Duq was the only school that I applied to, so I'm happy that everything worked out!!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.