2010 Acceptance & Waitlist Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially fitting given the school! ;)

As to whether its my first choice, I'm waiting to see where the other chips fall, so to speak! But it definitely has some major plusses for me. :)

now I'm super curious!

how many interviews do you have left?

Members don't see this ad.

My interview was in the morning, how about yours???? Duq was the only school that I applied to, so I'm happy that everything worked out!!

morning too! I was also counting on duq so I a lot of stress was immediately lifted. haha

i wonder how many people are going to be accepted into the program.... im very excited

congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Updating now. Thank you all for your patience; I'm on a double interview weekend.

6 in-person, 5 by phone (schedule conflicts w/ the in-person dates :( ). Three left to hear from re: interview invites.

Your schedule makes me tired!!!

Are you planning to go through with all your interviews (considering you already have one acceptance in hand)? Meaning, were any of the remaining schools on your safety list?

Your schedule makes me tired!!!

Are you planning to go through with all your interviews (considering you already have one acceptance in hand)? Meaning, were any of the remaining schools on your safety list?

While my schedule is trumped by futureapppsy's, I just thought I'd offer my two cents.....

I have an offer in hand, that I'm 99.999999999999% sure I'm taking, but I'm still going to interview at safety schools because I figure some day I'll be interviewing for internships, postdocs, and eventually a job. Better get used to the whole ordeal now.

Wait listed for Purdue counseling. Notified by email from POI on 2/8/2010:xf:

While my schedule is trumped by futureapppsy's, I just thought I'd offer my two cents.....

I have an offer in hand, that I'm 99.999999999999% sure I'm taking, but I'm still going to interview at safety schools because I figure some day I'll be interviewing for internships, postdocs, and eventually a job. Better get used to the whole ordeal now.

If you were going to consider the other programs seriously, what you suggest would make sense. But if it's really just practice - dude, there are people out there with no interviews, who would likely get invited if you declined the interview. If you don't, they won't. Which means that person wouldn't be in the running, when otherwise they would have been.

So tell me it's not just practice for you.

If you were going to consider the other programs seriously, what you suggest would make sense. But if it's really just practice - dude, there are people out there with no interviews, who would likely get invited if you declined the interview. If you don't, they won't. Which means that person wouldn't be in the running, when otherwise they would have been.

I second this...

Members don't see this ad :)
I second this...

Come on, there are better, cheaper ways to get interview experience. How about utilizing your local university career center? Many of them will do mock interviews with you.

Plus, ethically, if you are not seriously considering these other schools, you're on shaky ground. When you know that you are no longer interested in a program, you are supposed to withdraw your name from contention.

I know. It seems unfair considering that programs hold us hostage, even when they know that they are not seriously interested in all 300 applicants. . . . But, we should at least adhere to the guidelines on our side of things.

Second acceptance today!!!! Thought I totally blew that interview, too!

It's kind of weird to know that I'll be in the position to turn someone down.

so exciting! have you decided yet what you are gonna do?? or are they both equally appealing. Decisions. Decisions

so exciting! have you decided yet what you are gonna do?? or are they both equally appealing. Decisions. Decisions

Normally, I would say you have two offers. Thus, you have until Apr. 15th(?) to make up your mind. . . . But, let's face it: offers 3, 4, and 5 are probably headed your way right now. : )

Nice problem to have, but unless there is a clear-cut favorite, I don't envy having to make such a quick decision about any third offer.

Congrats!!!!

Last edited:

I made a whole thread about my dilemma last week. But in a nutshell, I have 2 offers, 7 interviews scheduled, 1 official rejection, and 5 schools that are pending (some had really late deadlines and aren't on the invite list). I expect to get an official letter from the 2nd offer today (which is a school I adore). When that happens, I'm declining the other offer and pulling out of all but 2 schools where I hope to interview in the next week if the snowmageddon doesn't foil my plans. It doesn't make sense to me to waste my time and money interviewing at schools I 100% know I won't like as much as the school that made me an offer already. Plus, I don't want to waste the schools' time, and I hope that giving up my spot could open something up for someone who would love that school.

I made a whole thread about my dilemma last week. But in a nutshell, I have 2 offers, 7 interviews scheduled, 1 official rejection, and 5 schools that are pending (some had really late deadlines and aren't on the invite list). I expect to get an official letter from the 2nd offer today (which is a school I adore). When that happens, I'm declining the other offer and pulling out of all but 2 schools where I hope to interview in the next week if the snowmageddon doesn't foil my plans. It doesn't make sense to me to waste my time and money interviewing at schools I 100% know I won't like as much as the school that made me an offer already. Plus, I don't want to waste the schools' time, and I hope that giving up my spot could open something up for someone who would love that school.

I know of someone who got a last minute interview because someone else pulled out, it's a good thing for all involved.

and snowmageddon! I love it ;)

Congratulations!

Normally, I would say you have two offers. Thus, you have until Apr.
15th(?) to make up your mind. . . . But, let's face it: offers 3, 4, and 5 are headed are probably headed your way right now. : )

Nice problem to have, but unless there is a clear-cut favorite, I don't envy having to make such a quick decision about any third offer.

Congrats!!!!

The way she is going, I expect an all time record, maybe 18 offers!:p

You are aware that programs must report their acceptance rates? So I am wondering if you interview knowing you will not accept their offer, yet allow them to make an offer to you that you then turn down, you might not be networking in the way you hope for the future as well as prolonging the agony for the person who will eventually fill that slot.

As for the arguments that "they" treat applicants poorly or that application fees entitle you to something, sorry, that's not the way it works. In 5-10 years when you are in the position of dealing with applications, remember and act differently. Then you will be in a position to change the system

As for the arguments that "they" treat applicants poorly or that application fees entitle you to something, sorry, that's not the way it works.

Obviously, that's not the way it works. We, of all people, can see that. Still, it is not unreasonable to expect service/timely correspondence in return for your hard-earned money.

Adler PsyD via mail today 2/9.

Chicago School of Prof. Psych. Post-Masters PsyD program in Westwood CA via phone call yesterday 2/8:idea:.

Anyone heard anything from John jay?

Thanks!

I know I'm dying, each day I fear reading about other people getting accepted to John Jay through this website. I wish I knew the EXACT day they were going to extend acceptances.

I know I'm dying, each day I fear reading about other people getting accepted to John Jay through this website. I wish I knew the EXACT day they were going to extend acceptances.

Ditto. I want to look, but I don't want to look.;)

Another person waiting to hear from John Jay I see... last year they didnt get back to students until end of February. Im waiting on both Fordham and John Jay at this point...

Another person waiting to hear from John Jay I see... last year they didnt get back to students until end of February. Im waiting on both Fordham and John Jay at this point...

Isn't the waiting horrible? Are you the one that interviewed at Drexel too?

How did all of your interviews go? I was flat out rejected by both. Excellent qualifications. but my GRE's suck! I wish they could have at least invited me to speak with them. I can't believe my career is based on a four digit number. Oh well! I must move forward.

Good luck!

Isn't the waiting horrible? Are you the one that interviewed at Drexel too?

How did all of your interviews go? I was flat out rejected by both. Excellent qualifications. but my GRE's suck! I wish they could have at least invited me to speak with them. I can't believe my career is based on a four digit number. Oh well! I must move forward.

Good luck!

I did get an interview at Drexel but I turned it down, I was protesting the massive 12 to 1 odds per faculty bit... plus it would overlap with my UNL interview...

Fordham rocked, I really like the two forensic faculty and if I were lucky and got in there and somewhere else it would be really hard to decide which one to go to.

I did get an interview at Drexel but I turned it down, I was protesting the massive 12 to 1 odds per faculty bit... plus it would overlap with my UNL interview...

Fordham rocked, I really like the two forensic faculty and if I were lucky and got in there and somewhere else it would be really hard to decide which one to go to.

I hear that. For all its worth...NYC is awesome! I love it here. I hope you take Fordham, so there's a spot for me at John Jay he he. Just kidding! Your lucky you have choices!

I wish you well!

12 to 1! ouch. good call.

12 to 1! ouch. good call.

It's not quite *that* bad. I accepted the interview offer for the POI that Justin turned down, and it's more like 6 to 8 interviews per slot. Still bad odds, but better than 12 to 1.

It's not quite *that* bad. I accepted the interview offer for the POI that Justin turned down, and it's more like 6 to 8 interviews per slot. Still bad odds, but better than 12 to 1.

Well plus the quality of interviewees is ridiculous, I met another guy who interviewed with me at both john jay and fordham, and drexel, and temple, and he was a really sound all-around applicant... I do not envy you Drexel people :)

Yeah, the first interview I went to was 6 to 1. I was expecting 3 to 1 so I was a little taken aback. and my POI was the most popular. So these are the typical odds I suppose? at least in a very competitive year?

Yeah, the first interview I went to was 6 to 1. I was expecting 3 to 1 so I was a little taken aback. and my POI was the most popular. So these are the typical odds I suppose? at least in a very competitive year?

I think it depends on the school and the POI. Justin and I are both interviewing for the same POI at Nebraska, and he's interviewing 3 or us for 1 or 2 slots, my POI at Alabama was interviewing 5 for 2 slots, and my POI at Southern Mississippi is interviewing 5 for 1 or 2 slots.

Mine have been about 1.5-3:1, so not too bad of odds.

really? the current grad students told me they heard back in 2 weeks (coming up so soon) and thats what Dr. Galietta told us I believe (although obviously this could change for a number of reasons). I don't know if I can handle till the end of Feb haha. Good luck!

I got into Vanderbilt!!! I'm going to grad school!!! :D

<happy dance>

I got into Vanderbilt!!! I'm going to grad school!!! :D

<happy dance>

Which program?
Congrats!

Please remember to PM me when you get an acceptance or waitlist because I might miss it in the main thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.