2010 Acceptance & Waitlist Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, could whoever received the acceptance from Penn State please please PM your POI and how you received your acceptance? I interviewed last week and am totally jumping out of my skin waiting!! Thanks and congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did any other City hopefuls out there see the recent posting on the grad cafe reporting a wait list notification?

Has anyone else heard? I haven't heard anything yet . . . say it ain't so . . .

This is sort of a technical question, but I can't find it online.

How many offers are we allowed to hold at one time? I have two (yay!!) and my first POI told me I could have two, and my second acceptance letter said one. I'm pretty hesitant about holding more than one anyway (as a fellow student waiting and waiting), but the one I think I like better I did a phone interview with, and until I visit I feel uncomfortable turning the other down. Do any of you know what the actual guideline is?

Members don't see this ad :)

How many offers are we allowed to hold at one time? I have two (yay!!) and my first POI told me I could have two, and my second acceptance letter said one. I'm pretty hesitant about holding more than one anyway (as a fellow student waiting and waiting), but the one I think I like better I did a phone interview with, and until I visit I feel uncomfortable turning the other down. Do any of you know what the actual guideline is?

APA guidelines say two is acceptable. One is encouraged, but it seems like you know what you're doing. Make sure you schedule a visit and afterward start evaluating the program against the other acceptance you have. Good luck!

You're allowed to hold two offers. The link to the guidelines are somewhere on this forum. If you search "guidelines", you should be able to find them.

APA guidelines say two is acceptable. One is encouraged, but it seems like you know what you're doing. Make sure you schedule a visit and afterward start evaluating the program against the other acceptance you have. Good luck!

Thank you both!

Did any other City hopefuls out there see the recent posting on the grad cafe reporting a wait list notification?

Has anyone else heard? I haven't heard anything yet . . . say it ain't so . . .

I'm waiting on them as well, still haven't heard anything :confused: I would't worry yet, it's just the beginning. Although worrying is pretty much all I'm good for lately.

Would whoever got into Catholic University mind PMing me who your POI is? Thank you!

It's nice not to be in it alone!

I did hear from them tonight, but when I called the admissions coordinator last week she said they would be making calls at least through the end of this week.

I did hear from them tonight, but when I called the admissions coordinator last week she said they would be making calls at least through the end of this week.

Congratulations! Can I ask, were you accepted or wait listed?

Hi, could whoever received the acceptance from Penn State please please PM your POI and how you received your acceptance? I interviewed last week and am totally jumping out of my skin waiting!! Thanks and congrats!

I'm in the same exact situation. Could whoever got the PS acceptance PM me their POI?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard from them? also I got waitlisted for Ball State University Counseling Psychology program on 2/27

Does anyone have a good email template for inquiring about application status post-interview? It's been over a month-so I'm breaking down and emailing the program (even though I'm scared to find out).

Thank you so much for all your help!

Psyched2525 - I think I'm in the same boat. Let me know how that email turns out.

Psyched2525 - I think I'm in the same boat. Let me know how that email turns out.

Also dont forget, certain regions of the US are struggling due to weather, which would inevitably slow things down. I know its tough, I am still waiting on other post-interview notifications, just sometimes things are slow to roll...

Also dont forget, certain regions of the US are struggling due to weather, which would inevitably slow things down. I know its tough, I am still waiting on other post-interview notifications, just sometimes things are slow to roll...

True true, but waiting is much easier when you've received an acceptance! :)

Did anyone receive anything from University of Rochester after the interviews?
They said something about getting back to us in a week, but somehow I have a strong feeling that I am on the waitlist. :bang:

This might be a ridiculous question and I apologize beforehand if I just sound paranoid.

I know that a lot of schools notify people they are offering admissions to via phone. After an acceptance phone call, is there typically a follow up email or letter? As in, something concrete to confirm the phone call?

My question stems from a problem a friend of mine experienced, but it had to do with a job offer rather than graduate school.

This might be a ridiculous question and I apologize beforehand if I just sound paranoid.

I know that a lot of schools notify people they are offering admissions to via phone. After an acceptance phone call, is there typically a follow up email or letter? As in, something concrete to confirm the phone call?

My question stems from a problem a friend of mine experienced, but it had to do with a job offer rather than graduate school.

It's critical that you get it in writing. From what I read on this board, most do send official letters as a follow-up to the phone call. . . . But, I have heard a couple horror stories about verbal acceptances falling by the wayside. Get it in writing.

Yes, there is indeed follow up mail involved, usually the old-fashioned kind (but for one of mine both). It'll lay out the offer explicitly and has a nifty little spot for you to sign to accept. If you get multiple offers I think you aren't supposed to reject one until you get a hard copy of the offer you actually want just in case everything goes awry.

Thanks to Unlurked and Jezebel09 for the replies!

Typically, how long should I wait before inquiring about an email/letter? The person I spoke with said he would send a follow up email and that was Friday so I'm not entirely sure if this is now late or too early.

Yes, there is indeed follow up mail involved, usually the old-fashioned kind (but for one of mine both). It'll lay out the offer explicitly and has a nifty little spot for you to sign to accept. If you get multiple offers I think you aren't supposed to reject one until you get a hard copy of the offer you actually want just in case everything goes awry.

Just an FYI: My acceptance letter does not have the "nifty little spot" for my signature.

Typically, how long should I wait before inquiring about an email/letter? The person I spoke with said he would send a follow up email and that was Friday so I'm not entirely sure if this is now late or too early.

I wouldn't worry about not having received the letter just yet. I definitely would not start to worry until at least 1.5 weeks had passed. (I probably would not send a follow-up email until two weeks had passed.)

I wouldn't worry about not having received the letter just yet. I definitely would not start to worry until at least 1.5 weeks had passed. (I probably would not send a follow-up email until two weeks had passed.)

Thanks Jezebel09!

Just got accepted to ut-knoxville!!!! Sooo excited! :):hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Received acceptance for Clinical Psy D from University of Indianapolis. I am thrilled:)

Just an FYI: My acceptance letter does not have the "nifty little spot" for my signature.

I just receive an acceptance letter--with no prior contact--from a program with that "nifty little spot" for acceptance (with a minimal fee), deference, or rejection. I am waiting on other offers, what do I do in this scenario? I am planning on emailing my potential adviser to let her know that I am waiting, so should I just wait on signing the letter until a final decision has been made?

I just receive an acceptance letter--with no prior contact--from a program with that "nifty little spot" for acceptance (with a minimal fee), deference, or rejection. I am waiting on other offers, what do I do in this scenario? I am planning on emailing my potential adviser to let her know that I am waiting, so should I just wait on signing the letter until a final decision has been made?

With no interview? What program is that? Feel free to PM if you don't mind.

Do not sign that letter unless you plan to attend the school. Once you sign and turn in that letter you cannot then turn around and accept another school's offer.

Just contact your POI and let her know that you are excited about the offer but are considering others as well.

Congrats!!!

With no interview? What program is that? Feel free to PM if you don't mind.

I interviewed there a month ago. Others had received e-mails or letters and I hadn't heard anything so I was assuming the worst. I meant that I received the admission letter straight out, with no prior e-mail or phone contact.

Does that make sense? I can't even think straight anymore.

And thanks Jezebel!

It took about a week me to get my offer in writing (email) followed by a snail mail letter - I know that for my offer, the program had to give it to the psychology department who had to give it to the grad school before I got my official letter. But the program called me at the first step in that process!

Just a little bit of hope for everyone out there without a lot of interviews...I applied to 12 programs and only got 1 interview. However, that 1 interview turned out to be at the absolute best place for me and today I found out that I am accepted!!

Just a little bit of hope for everyone out there without a lot of interviews...I applied to 12 programs and only got 1 interview. However, that 1 interview turned out to be at the absolute best place for me and today I found out that I am accepted!!

Congratulations!!!!

AWESOME! What a great story, it should be posted every year on these boards so no one gives up hope.

Fabulous!!! Congratulations!!

Congrats! I got my acceptance too from UIndy today. Are you going to accept it?

I'm also waiting to hear back from Penn State post-interview. Could whoever received the acceptance from there please PM me their POI? Thanks!

Awesome. That does give me hope!

Just got my first acceptance today (to my top choice no less)! Good luck to everyone else. I didn't have a ton of schools throwing themselves at me but it all worked out. :luck:

Just got my first acceptance today (to my top choice no less)! Good luck to everyone else. I didn't have a ton of schools throwing themselves at me but it all worked out.

Congrats! Same here. All it takes is just the one school you KNOW you want to go to!

Has anyone heard from Yeshiva-Clinical PhD? I'm still waiting and I'm getting more nervous by the day. I know invites weren't sent out until Mid March last year.

Has anyone heard from Yeshiva-Clinical PhD? I'm still waiting and I'm getting more nervous by the day. I know invites weren't sent out until Mid March last year.

Still have not heard! and am equally nervous...

Still have not heard! and am equally nervous...

Me neither... I applied for their PsyD clinical program...

Um, silly question but why does everyone refer to it as Yeshiva and not Ferkauf? At my interview they all referred to it as Ferkauf, not Yeshiva. I know its owned by Yeshiva University (undergrad), and their business cards say "YU" on it. Yeshiva also owns Einstein (across the street from Ferkauf). People call it Einstein, so why is their psych school called "Yeshiva" and not "Ferkauf"? Is it because few people can't pronounce "Ferkauf"?
Is it Fur-Cuff (like in sleeves) or Fur-cough (like in sick) or Fur-K-Ow-f? (as in ow, I scrapped me knee).

Maybe someone can answer this question for me... its been plaguing me for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.