2011-2012 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is everyone interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing on Sept 16th want to share a hotel?

Has anyone interviewed yet? I have an interview Oct 14th and I'm just curious as to how they are approaching this part of the process.

Interviews start on September 16 so no one will have interviewed until then.:thumbup::)

Rejection 9/13

Spent most of my childhood in Camden County. Currently live in NJ less than half an hour away from Camden. I guess they're really looking for volunteer experience because it doesn't seem like my GPA and MCAT were problems.

Rejection 9/13

Spent most of my childhood in Camden County. Currently live in NJ less than half an hour away from Camden. I guess they're really looking for volunteer experience because it doesn't seem like my GPA and MCAT were problems.

I'm sorry to hear that this. Keep your head up - I think they are definitely looking for something special for their first year class.

Okay folks with interviews this Friday - please report back and let us know how everything goes! Especially those parts of 'clinical evaulation', those sound interesting. Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
First rejection. I didn't really have my hopes up and probably should have saved my money. Ah well. I'm OOS and decent, but not stellar in my numbers.

Would those of you who had interviews mind telling us what they were like? I am scheduled for mid-October and would love to get a sense for how the day works. :D

Got Interview Invite today for 11/18. For those out-of-staters, never fear.
MA resident
3.41 (master's degree)/31P
Anybody interviewing on this day?

Got Interview Invite today for 11/18. For those out-of-staters, never fear.
MA resident
3.41 (master's degree)/31P
Anybody interviewing on this day?

I am! Got the invite today as well. Complete Sep 9.
IS applicant from Central Jersey, Rutgers -New Brunswick undergrad.
29S, 3.95 sGPA, 3.9 cGPA.

you guys are going to love interviewing here. The faculty members were very welcoming.

Last edited:
Invite 8/8, complete on 8/4
Interviewing on Oct 14th
34, ~3.9 for ugrad and masters, also IS

Does anyone know how we can start one of those interview feedback threads, like the other schools have? It would be nice to get feedback either here or on there.

you guys are going to love interviewing here. The faculty members were very welcoming.

How was the standardized patient interaction? Never really heard of this before.

Where did everyone go who interviewed on the 16th? How did the clinical evaluations go? What were they like?! Please let us know!

Where did everyone go who interviewed on the 16th? How did the clinical evaluations go? What were they like?! Please let us know!

Final call - there are a few of us heading in there this week. Anyone from the middle September group up for giving us an idea of how the patient encounters are structure and what you felt about them? Anyone? :confused:

Final call - there are a few of us heading in there this week. Anyone from the middle September group up for giving us an idea of how the patient encounters are structure and what you felt about them? Anyone? :confused:

Good luck! Let us know how it was when you get back. I don't know if you saw but it is *briefly* mentioned on Dean Katz's blog here: http://www.rowan.edu/coopermed/about/news/blog.php

Good luck! Let us know how it was when you get back. I don't know if you saw but it is *briefly* mentioned on Dean Katz's blog here: http://www.rowan.edu/coopermed/about/news/blog.php

Oh hey - there we go! That is a very good explanation of how things are going to work. This evaluation seems interesting. This gives me a good idea of what to expect. I've been reading his blog, but I haven't checked it out for a little while. Thanks for pointing this out.

Ive got an interview as well. California applicant.

Ive already purchased my plane ticket, but Ive noticed a lack of hotel accommodations on the New Jersey side. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ive already purchased my plane ticket, but Ive noticed a lack of hotel accommodations on the New Jersey side. Anyone have any suggestions?
Which airport are you using? You could stay somewhere in Philadelphia and take the PATCO station over to Jersey in the morning. They have multiple stops in Philly and it has a stop (Broadway) which drops you right in front of the hospital you will be interviewing at. Or if you wanted to stay in Jersey you can look into Cherry Hill/Haddonfield which is near Camden...but safer.

Thanks, Ill probaly take the first option as Im flying into Philadelphia the day before. Hotels there are a bit pricey and couch surfing a risk. but I dont want to risk trouble sleeping.

Weather hopfully isnt too cold, ill have to bring more than flip flops ;)

OOS'er interviewing 12/16.

Anyone from the last group there got anything to say about the interview? (Okay lets be specific - How was the patient encounter portion??)

Anyone from the last group there got anything to say about the interview? (Okay lets be specific - How was the patient encounter portion??)

Hiya, I am busy now, I am writing more later but just to say - it is straightforward. I'll write more later.

Do you mind posting your stats? Thanks

We're not allowed to say anything about the patient encounters. I'll just say they were nowhere near as threatening as they sound. Just have fun with it. It won't make or break your interview day.

I actually suspected that there would be a gag order, in that it seems that they are supposed to be ways to assess your instincts. Tough to do when you come in knowing exactly what they would ask, or whatever. I was mostly hoping this year that we could get Cooper on the interview feedback questionnaire list. I tried looking into it (how to add a new school), but it took me to a login page where it wasn't accepting my SDN login, so then I didn't know what to do. This is called a sob story. Anyway, does anyone know how to add a school to the interview feedback page?

We're not allowed to say anything about the patient encounters. I'll just say they were nowhere near as threatening as they sound. Just have fun with it. It won't make or break your interview day.

Do you mind posting your stats? Thanks

I dont think posting stats is really advantageous to any purpose other than increasing anxiety, especially since this school is new and seems committed to a more well rounded applicant than actual cut offs like other medical schools in their initial screening.

No interview dates available in 2011 anymore !! Earliest will be mid / late January 2012

got my interview invite a few weeks back

although it says they only interview 5-10% of applicants, in the interview portal it says that they offer 24 interview spots every Friday during the months from September to February. That's 26 Fridays X 24 interviews = 624 interview invites!

now they PROBABLY wont hold interviews on December 30th, and PROBABLY wont fill every interview slot.... but still that is a huge number of interviews for 50 seats.

got my interview invite a few weeks back

although it says they only interview 5-10% of applicants, in the interview portal it says that they offer 24 interview spots every Friday during the months from September to February. That's 26 Fridays X 24 interviews = 624 interview invites!

now they PROBABLY wont hold interviews on December 30th, and PROBABLY wont fill every interview slot.... but still that is a huge number of interviews for 50 seats.

Dean Katz' blog says 14 interview days, so 624 - 260 = 364 interview invitations.

they said at the open house that they plan to interview 300 people

Did you guys get an email about getting a response on 10/17?

SOOOO. My AMCAS was verified at the end of July. I have filled out secondaries for all of the other schools... nothing from Cooper.

This bad?
(I'm new here, so go easy on me) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.