2011-2012 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, total tease of an email.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't say necessarily bad, because I don't know if cooper screens secondaries, but I would say that it's definitely unusual. I received my secondary from cooper a day or two after I was verified. There's definitely no harm in calling the admissions office and getting an answer, either way you'll know, and if it was an administrative oversight they'll get it straightened out.

SOOOO. My AMCAS was verified at the end of July. I have filled out secondaries for all of the other schools... nothing from Cooper.

This bad?
(I'm new here, so go easy on me) :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, I didnt think it was an acceptance. I've only heard of schools giving out rejections before 10/15.

I know right? I had like 5 seconds of shock looking at that email.

SOOOO. My AMCAS was verified at the end of July. I have filled out secondaries for all of the other schools... nothing from Cooper.

This bad?
(I'm new here, so go easy on me) :laugh:

I'd give em a call. As you may know, Cooper rejects early, if they don't grant you a secondary invite, they'll e-mail and let you know. So call them, say you've been complete since ___ and have not heard back either way from them.

:luck:

What if you've interviewed, can they reject you before 10/15? Or is it that everyone who interviews cannot hear anything until 10/15 :confused:

I'd give em a call. As you may know, Cooper rejects early, if they don't grant you a secondary invite, they'll e-mail and let you know. So call them, say you've been complete since ___ and have not heard back either way from them.

Thanks for the advice... I called the admissions office and it was an automated system. It said to inquire about anything to do with the application, press 1, which leads to a recording stating that I should check online. Since I didn't receive a secondary, I have no online access.

When I choose to speak with an operator, it says no one is available. :laugh:

I simply emailed the admissions office.

Not sure what it means that I didn't get a rejection or a secondary. :confused:

I think it means that you're accepted. I read that in the MSAR somewhere..

Thanks for the advice... I called the admissions office and it was an automated system. It said to inquire about anything to do with the application, press 1, which leads to a recording stating that I should check online. Since I didn't receive a secondary, I have no online access.

I think it means that you're accepted. I read that in the MSAR somewhere..

Wow. A viscous pre med... go figure.

And judging by your other posts, it seems frequent. Do you judge and ridicule others to make yourself feel better? Or is is some sort of complex?

Wow that hard to speak to a human? That sucks. You did the right thing by shooting the email, hopefully it works out for you

Well, ridiculing other to make myself feel better actually WOULD be a complex, so I'm not sure why you're differentiating between the two. But to answer your question, yes, I have a complex

Wow. A viscous pre med... go figure.

And judging by your other posts, it seems frequent. Do you judge and ridicule others to make yourself feel better? Or is is some sort of complex?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to inject some positivity back into this thread... the more I read about this school, the mission and the deans genuine interest in being the wave of the future in medicine the more excited I am about interviewing and attending school here.

I am finding it equally hard to be patient in hearing back from various schools but realize that stressing over that you have not heard back is not going to make those notifications come any faster. Cut yourself some slack, enjoy the ride and worry about what you can control. Youve come this far and done what you can do. Let it fall where it may.

:cool:

This process is a testament to your endurance and nerve, so dont lose either.

FYI, rolling admissions means keep hope alive until otherwise notified and then move onto the next potential school. ;) Its all we can do.

On a serious note, the prospect of being a part of an inaugural class is quite exciting. Especially considering how nice the facilities at this school are, and how dedicated the staff seems to be to really establishing this school to be a frontier in the future of medicine. How many students do you suppose they will accept?

The first class size is suppose to be 50.

On a serious note, the prospect of being a part of an inaugural class is quite exciting. Especially considering how nice the facilities at this school are, and how dedicated the staff seems to be to really establishing this school to be a frontier in the future of medicine. How many students do you suppose they will accept?

Your best bet would be to email the admissions office as well. This same thing happened to me. My AMCAS was verified on 7/15 or so and I had not heard anything for a while. So finally on 8/15 I sent a email asking if I was still being considered etc etc etc... I got a response the next day saying that it had been sent already but they sent me another one. I think it went to spam and was auto deleted before I had a chance to change the settings.

Yes I know, but I would assume they would accept maybe close to 100

Well it is usally do to funding how many students they will initially take, I know UCR who is also in process of getting a medical school has become postponed a year due to state budget cuts and a lack of secured funding for facilities and students. 100 seats is the equivalent of some much more established schools so I wouldnt bet it is close to that number if it surpasses 50. There plan at both schools is to phase in year to year more first year students until they reach the class size they can support. But they need to have staffing etc.. in order to manage their inaugural class before they exceed their intial goal Id imagine.

Well it is usally do to funding how many students they will initially take, I know UCR who is also in process of getting a medical school has become postponed a year due to state budget cuts and a lack of secured funding for facilities and students. 100 seats is the equivalent of some much more established schools so I wouldnt bet it is close to that number if it surpasses 50. There plan at both schools is to phase in year to year more first year students until they reach the class size they can support. But they need to have staffing etc.. in order to manage their inaugural class before they exceed their intial goal Id imagine.

I think he is referring to accepted, not matriculated students. I would assume that they may have to accept even over 100 people in order to fill their class of 50.

Yes, this is what i was asking. And I agree, I was initially thinking they would have to accept somewhere close to 150

I think he is referring to accepted, not matriculated students. I would assume that they may have to accept even over 100 people in order to fill their class of 50.

Sorry about the rejection but would you mind telling us was what stage you were in? Pre or post secondary?

Yes, this is what i was asking. And I agree, I was initially thinking they would have to accept somewhere close to 150

Sorry I misunderstood. Those would be pretty good odds for those of us who have an interview though. if 300 interview and 150 get accepted? Id take those odds haha.

I have a question for anyone who has interviewed here already - the interview day includes a formal interview and an OSCE-type interview, those are the standardized patients correct? Or is it an MMI (multiple mini interview) style interview. Sorry if that was random but I think I was under the wrong impression and SP would be much cooler.

i have a question for anyone who has interviewed here already - the interview day includes a formal interview and an osce-type interview, those are the standardized patients correct? Or is it an mmi (multiple mini interview) style interview. Sorry if that was random but i think i was under the wrong impression and sp would be much cooler.

sp.

Slack3r - do you have any feedback on the interview day? I'm not asking about specific questions during the interview/SP, I just want to know your overall feeling on the interview day itself (any good/bad things/things you wish you knew before hand?)

Thanks!

Yo dudes,

I noticed that Cooper was just recently added as an option to the interview feedback page! I find this extremely exciting at 1:51 am! I am now going to showcase my newfound love of these dumb smileys: :):(:oops::D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::smuggrin::sleep:

Received an e-mail last night that says to wait for a call today. Yea! This is my absolute second choice after my longshot first choice - super excited!! :D :D :D

Did anyone else receive this email? Was it different from the other email they sent saying people would be informed on Monday the 17th?

I didn't receive that e-mail and I am expecting to hear today one way or another.

accepted this morning at around 9:30

Accepted as well, got an e-mail at midnight and a phone call this morning at 920a.m. :soexcited:

Waitlisted. This was my back up upon back up though. Was a nice hospital and I'm sure the school would have been nice as well but the absence of school reputation scared me. Withdrawing. Good luck all.

Accepted.

Got the email 10/17 12:15pm.

Interviewed early September.

34mcat/3.5gpa

Flat out rejected by email this morning.

Interview 9/30

IS 3.7/3.94/34R

GL to everyone still in the running and those on the WL and congrats to those accepted!

Interviewed last week.

My first MD acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!

want to clear up a few things in this thread since I went to the open house in September. CMSRU will only be accepting 50 people for their inaugural class. They plan on increasing class size by 10 each year (60 in 2012-2013, 70 in 2013-2014, etc) until they cap at 100. They said their faculty are already in place, so technically they will have a faculty and facilities designed to handle 400 students for the 50 in the inaugural class ^^

Also, CMSRU is only interviewing 300 applicants total. I'm not sure how there are 14 interview dates but I assume they interview fewer people for the later dates.

and if anyone is wondering, i'm interviewing 11/11/11.

Last edited:
want to clear up a few things in this thread since I went to the open house in September. CMSRU will only be accepting 50 people for their inaugural class. They plan on increasing class size by 10 each year (60 in 2012-2013, 70 in 2013-2014, etc) until they cap at 100. They said their faculty are already in place, so technically they will have a faculty and facilities designed to handle 400 students for the 50 in the inaugural class ^^

Also, CMSRU is only interviewing 300 applicants total. I'm not sure how there are 14 interview dates but I assume they interview fewer people for the later dates.

and if anyone is wondering, i'm interviewing 11/11/11.

The inaugural class will have 50 students in it (no more, no less). However, one of the deans stated that he anticipates offering around 70 to 75 acceptances max in filling the class. Also at my interview he stated that they will most likely be interviewing less than 300 applicants (300 is the absolute top number).

Status
Not open for further replies.