2011-2012 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rejected MSTP :(

Members don't see this ad.

Can any Weill medical students comment on the student organizations?

I can't seem to find any pages on their website regarding what clubs are available!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any Weill medical students comment on the student organizations?

If you can think of it, there's probably a club for it. If it doesn't exist, you should make it, and then invite everyone to it for your free food. Favorites include pizza, thai, chinese, and most of all, sushi.

Some of things I was involved in were:
  • Medical Student Executive Council (never officially elected, but I showed up anyway) - a great chance to voice opinions on curriculum, student life, construction noise, etc
  • Weill Cornell Community Clinic - free health care for the uninsured
  • Dodgeball - very-competitive. taken way more seriously than you could imagine

Interview invite!

Complete 6/20

EDIT: Not a great system they have set up - all by email, not by the main site.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
SNUKE you're owning it up!

I am now :) Thanks for the thanks, everyone. Anything you want to know about the invite? Looks like they're just releasing three weeks a time, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, starting from the 13th to 22nd.

Rejected today. Good luck to all those with invites! :)

I was complete on 7/22 and still no change. Gosh waiting is no fun.

Would people with interviews mind sharing stats?

lol i wish i was you

And I wish I had your MCAT! You've several invites, too. :) And you do know that your BU was because you went to BC for UG? (I've an uncle from BC and he gave me a hard time for even applying to BU!)

All this interview talk prompted me to check the MSAR -- 16 interviews/296 applications from internationals last year?! Noooo..... :scared:

for those with invites or rejections, what does it say on ur status page?

Anyone else having issues getting onto the status check website?

Hm... I can log in fine (where you enter your AMCAS ID and full birth date) and it just says "Your Application has successfully been submitted and is under review by our admissions staff" which is what it has said all along...

And I wish I had your MCAT! You've several invites, too. :) And you do know that your BU was because you went to BC for UG? (I've an uncle from BC and he gave me a hard time for even applying to BU!)

hahaha
yeah there's a lot of rivalry between the schools but that's probably not why they rejected me ^^

First interview invite! Yay! Complete 8/19.

Does anyone know how Cornell feels towards in the area emails? Flying down from Canada next month.

That's matriculation, not acceptance.

Yeah that's my bad. I made the assumption that most people accept a top 20 school invite.

Any published data describing what percent are wait list acceptances?

Yeah that's my bad. I made the assumption that most people accept a top 20 school invite.

Any published data describing what percent are wait list acceptances?
I think most people do, but some are fortunate enough to get multiple top 20 school invites.

Does anyone know how Cornell feels towards in the area emails? Flying down from Canada next month.

I'd say go for it. The admissions office is very receptive to student requests. We've got some of the nicest people you'll ever meet in an admissions office.
Congrats and good luck to those who've landed interviews! PM me if you have any questions.

I'd say go for it. The admissions office is very receptive to student requests. We've got some of the nicest people you'll ever meet in an admissions office.
Congrats and good luck to those who've landed interviews! PM me if you have any questions.
I wrote an in the area email to them over a week ago and never even got a "we received your email" type of response - not sure how receptive they are. :oops:

I wrote an in the area email to them over a week ago and never even got a "we received your email" type of response - not sure how receptive they are. :oops:
I also sent them an in the area email last week and haven't received anything from them.

I also sent them an in the area email last week and haven't received anything from them.

I sent in an in-the-area on 8/29 and got an invite immediately, but they didn't specify anything about the interview day schedule/student hosting, etc...

They sent me a "we've received your in the area notification" email last week, but otherwise no response.

I sent them an e-mail letting them know I was coming up from the East Village to do some shopping and would really appreciate the opportunity to interview. I found them thoroughly unresponsive.

They sent me a "we've received your in the area notification" email last week, but otherwise no response.

I guess talking about it on here lets them know somehow to send out emails. :laugh: I just got this same email, hopefully they extend an interview soon or else I will just have to book my flight.

To the people who have interviewed, anyone know of a cheap hotel near the school? I haven't gotten any response for the student host thing. Most of the hotels I'm seeing are around 300 dollars, which is a bit expensive for me. Thanks.

To the people who have interviewed, anyone know of a cheap hotel near the school? I haven't gotten any response for the student host thing. Most of the hotels I'm seeing are around 300 dollars, which is a bit expensive for me. Thanks.

u don't have to get one near the school. As long as you're near a subway, u can get anywhere in NYC in about 45-1 hr, with most rides usually about 15 min.

Off to negotiate the treacherous bowels of the city... I always seem to get lost. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.